Favorite channel numbers in OSD

Andrey123456

When I switch between favorites (station++ station--) In OSD I see channel number from whole channel list. It is not convinient because I have 70 favorites of almost 1000 channels. If I want to keep full channel list from all transponders, I have to dial and remember 4 digit number for each favorive. I know that it is possible to program remote control to dial favorite number directly, but I have never seen favorite number in OSD. It makes favorite numbers be hard to remember. Finally I deleted all the channels from channel list and left my favorites only.

Solution is very simple: give to users an option to choose which channel number to dislpay in OSD - from whole list or from favorites.

Look how they did it in DVBdream. There is mode to switch only between favorites. In this mode favorite number is displayed in OSD and can be dialed from remote. Of course, dialed number is always the same as displayed.

Solution is very simple: give to users an option to choose which channel number to dislpay in OSD - from whole list or from favorites.

I agree and have been thinking of making this suggestion too.

And while we are on the subject would it be possible to add favourites option to recording service's webserver too? At the moment its channel lists (timeline, programs overview, tv guide) are based on the full channel list and not favourites so please, add an option to choose between favs and channels.

PK

Edited by patti
  • 6 months later...

I can't understand why this feature is not added. There's a lot of crap channels if you're using SAT and using a remote is pointless if you can't decide the channel numbers for yourself.

Actually this feature has been present since DVBViewer beta 4.3.1.45:

Change: Favorites: If the tweak "UseFav" is active, the favorite numbers instead of channel numbers are shown (if possible).

Thank you for listening to us, developers ;)

patti

Actually this feature has been present since DVBViewer beta 4.3.1.45:

Change: Favorites: If the tweak "UseFav" is active, the favorite numbers instead of channel numbers are shown (if possible).

Thank you for listening to us, developers :rolleyes:

patti

Thanks for the reply! I'll look into that immediately!

I downloaded the latest beta and activated the UseFav tweak. But they are still in a weird order. Most of the channels I use have 4 digit numbers. Channel up and down uses fav-list.

@ morgenkvist

You have also to associate the keyboard number/remote number buttons to the Favourite instead of Channels...

In that way to tune the first favourite (in the order thay appears) you have to press only the "0" key / remote button, "1" for the the second, "2" for the third and so on... and please don't blame for the "0" for the first Favourite, use it instead for some useful channel...

@all

No need to have tha latest beta for the "UseFav" tweak, it was introduced at least 3 years ago... :P

;)

I was about to ask this question i can't seem to find the option use fav suggested by patti.

I know how to create favourites (channel editor > Edit fav.) but how to actually have the favourites channels numbers displayed on the OSD is still a mistery to me

I'm talking about this specifically:

70991867.jpg

I'd like to see the favourite number which should be 22 instead of 365 (channel list number)

Help !

Edited by themaster1

Dunno exactly why (the configs are the same), but in my PCs DVBViewer release shows like yours, while latest beta shows as you are asking for...

:)

...are you sure you've already added/setted "UseFav=1"?

...you have to manually write in the right "setup.xml" file (the one you'll find in the folder opened with "Help / Configuration folder"), under right section ("Input"), like this:

<section name="Input">

<entry name="CurrentFile">default.remote</entry>

<entry name="RemoteTimeOut">2000</entry>

<entry name="UseFav">1</entry> <--- UseFav line...

<entry name="FavOne">1</entry> <---other line to tell DVBViewer that the favourites are to be numbered starting with 1

</section>

Edited by Gioxy

Do you did it in the right "setup.xml"? Please confirm that is the one located in the *real* "Configuration Folder" (see abowe...) and that you change it with *both* DVBViewer and Recording Service (not the control small icon on the taskbar!) not running...

Anyhow I found when andhow this feature was introduced (link):

Version 4.3.1.45 BETA

expires 24.12.2009

• Fix: Playlists: The file format of the play list was UTF-8 in UTF-16 but it should only be UTF-8.
  • Fix: Fullscreen: Full screen didn't work if the second monitor wasn't present at DVBViewer Start.
  • Add: OSD: The record Button does Add or delete a timer on the following OSD pages: EPG-Now, Timeline, Channellist, EPG-Search, EPG-Details, EPG-Channels. The confirmation can be disabled (see tweaks.txt).
  • Add: Favorites: Can start at 1. (see tweaks.txt).
  • Change: Favorites: If the tweak "UseFav" is active, the favorite numbers instead of channel numbers are shown (if possible).

• 3 weeks later...

Ok question:

Will this option be included in the next stable release of DVBViewer ? I'm dying to have my favourites channels listed (for lack of better word) the way i like

• 2 weeks later...