VFW-Codec for DV-AVI

Klausing

I want to convert a DV-Avi file with VirtualDub. VirtualDub cant read this AVI because it can not find a dvsd-decompressor.

The problem is that M$ DV Codec is setting up direct to the Direct Show Interface and VirtualDub can only work with codecs which based on vfw (video for windows). Now i found out, that the Mainconcept DV Codec could solve my problem, but his price is 49 Euro and this i a little bit to much for this 1 video.

Knows anybody an other codec which can make DV-videos for VirtualDub readable?

I tryed Avisynth but this have the same problem like VirtualDub. Its realy crazy, i can view this video but i can't convert it.

Thanks in advance

Steffen

If you only need to read the file, MainConcept in trial mode should be OK, because it will only watermark when encoding.

In Win98 or ME, you could also try the Adaptec codec.

Third, there are rumors about a codec from Panasonic (which I haven't yet tried). I guess I've read about it at dvdrhelp.com.

Cheers

Edited by codecpage

really really thanks !!!! B) That's what i searched.

I searched two days without luck before i posted here. I must create a user account before i could download this. The direct Link dont work.

Steffen