Freeze/chopping win7

providers

Hi

I have a lot of trouble getting DVBViewer to run smooth on Win7

Both win7 x86 and x64 have same problem.

I use floppy dvb-s2 card.

When I start dvbviever then it will run up to 1 hour, without problems.

Then it start to freesze/chop every 5 min. just for a short time "5 sec."

I have tryed to run win7 in compatibility mode as win "xp-sp3"

It dident help.

Only Crypetet channels are afectet

Freeview channels are OK.

I have tryed to use cyberlink & Microsoftes codec shipped with Win7

Bot codecs works same way.

The system I check on, is total newinstalled so there should not be any codec problems.

Thanks

Providers

support.zip

Edited by providers

Hi

I have now found out why its is freezing/chopping

If you take a look at the DVBSource filter then you will se that normal it look like this:

normaldvbviewer.jpg

But after a while Queued Video Buffers & Queued Audio Buffers drobs slowly to Zero.

I takes time, about 1 - 2 hours, sometimes more.

But when it has been down to zero, then it will Drop down to 0 in about 3-6 min.

And I then get the PRC/PTS Error

I have tryed to play with PTS Latency & Max Queued Audio

Without any results, I have tryed 5000 on both and 0 on both.

errordvbviewer.jpg

/providers

Edited by providers

Are you sure this doesnt occur even if you are watching freeview channels?

If not...its really odd cuz this sounds more of a graphic card/driver issue (dropping frames).

What graphic card do you use and are the driver up to date?

Hi

I will start a test again on freeview channels.

I just tryed to install an older version of DVBSource (3.3.3) it dident help.

The graphiccard I use is a Gigabyte GV-R485MC-1GH (HD4850)

I use latest ATI Catalyst™ version 9.9

/Providers

You are right, Queued Video Buffers also runs out on a freeview channel.

But this time it took about 4 or 5 hours.

I see Video & Audio PTS was resettet to zero.

I was not viewing at the time, but I gues it have made a short freze.

But I do not have any thing listet under "Last error"

Hmm..ok, this might be a non-fixable issue for you at the moment. At least until AMD get some stability on thier drivers. Lots of people have experienced similar problems when using Catalyst 9.5 to 9.8 on Windows XP (havent tried Catalyst 9.9 yet myself). Didnt know this was affecting the Win7 driver as well. AMD has done something making the system unstable when using DVBViewer. Using Catalyst 9.4 gets rid of the freezing issues, but in your case there is no Catalyst 9.4 for Win7 to my knowledge (only guessing here...maybe the 9.4 Vistadriver will do). If there is one try it out, but i cant assure you it will be stable like the Win XP driver. If you cant find any stable driver, im afraid there is no other choice than to wait for AMD to fix this problem or to install XP and use that while waiting.

Edited by majstang

Hi, majstang

Thanks for trying to help me out.

I have found a 9.4 driver for win7, unfortanualy it dident help.

The update KB961367 is only for win7 beta.

Where is the develuper in this case?

I thought when you bought a product there was a little support with it....

Edited by providers

Sorry to see you're not getting any support from the moderators. Have followed this forum for some time and i know the developers keep themselves far away from these kind of issues on WinXP/Vista, but they are on the other hand usually instrested in issues including Win7. So, it's quite surprising they havent replied yet.

Do you by any chance have access to any other videocards? Would be intresting to know if your issues goes away after excluding the ATI card.

Edited by majstang

I just tryed to install DVBViewer on frinds computer for testing.

He also use win7 x64

His computer specifitian is a lot more different than my setup

his graphiccard is onboard intel 965 mobile.

Only thing that is the same in our computers are the Floppy DTV tuner.

He experience excatly the same as me.

So again, I hope some develuper will look into this problem.

You pretty much narrowed down the source of errors to either DVBViewer or the Digital Everywhere FireDTV / FloppyDTV driver or firmware. I suppose you're using the beta version x64 5.6 already and only one FloppyDTV? If using two you must upgrade the 1394 OHCI controller "legacy" driver.

http://www.digital-everywhere.com/en/alcms...?sid=1191676151

Using a beta driver could render these kind of issues.

I'm sure you already know this. Hopefully you'll get some help with this.

Good luck!

You pretty much narrowed down the source of errors to either DVBViewer or the Digital Everywhere FireDTV / FloppyDTV driver or firmware. I suppose you're using the beta version x64 5.6 already and only one FloppyDTV? If using two you must upgrade the 1394 OHCI controller "legacy" driver.

http://www.digital-everywhere.com/en/alcms...?sid=1191676151

Using a beta driver could render these kind of issues.

I'm sure you already know this. Hopefully you'll get some help with this.

Good luck!

Yep, I using latest betaversion 5.6 of driver and newest firmware + "legacy" driver.

I'm using Tevii S470 card in my 64-bit Windows 7, it runs smoothly for SD and HD channel.

Sometimes, it's the card drivers issue themselves.

I'm using Catalyst 9.4 till now 9.9, they all run smoothly and the latest 9.9 driver is the most desirable driver for me from ATI.

• 2 months later...
I'm using Tevii S470 card in my 64-bit Windows 7, it runs smoothly for SD and HD channel.

Sometimes, it's the card drivers issue themselves.

I'm using Catalyst 9.4 till now 9.9, they all run smoothly and the latest 9.9 driver is the most desirable driver for me from ATI.

Hello

I'm using Tevii S660 usb in my HTCP with Win 7 x64 enterprise version, and i have some problem with DVBViewer with payd licence.

My main problem :if i try to make some modification on setting, channel editor, etc.... it is working in the bakground the program but the setting windows is not responding ....it is like you cannot do nothing on them....it is very frustrating because i want to make some modification on settings, etc....

I was try to make running the compatibility mode : xp sp 3, vista sp1....etc...but seems that none is working

do you experience something like this, because i was try also other software wich are working well (ALTDVB, Prog...)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problem explained by Providers, but my pc config is different.

I have an Intel Q8200 with Nvidia G210 video card and using a Skystar USB 2 HD CI. I tried almost every codec (ffdshow, purevideo, coreavc, and also prg setting but was uselss, randomly after about 30 minutes, the video stream crash (with same error of PCR/PTS gap) and if I select again the channel it keeps crashing every 10 seconds. I have to close DVB Viever, disconnect power from the Skystar and start all again. Quite annoying.

I noticed that with HD channels, it took less time to crash stream.

Of course I tried administrator and compatibility options and now I'm thinking about voodoo magic.

Please, help.

Hi,

I have the same problem explained by Providers, but my pc config is different.

I have an Intel Q8200, Intel G43 chipset and Nvidia G210 video card and using a Skystar USB 2 HD CI. I tried almost every codec (ffdshow, purevideo, coreavc, and also prg setting but was uselss, randomly after about 30 minutes, the video stream crash (with same error of PCR/PTS gap) and if I select again the channel it keeps crashing every 10 seconds. I have to close DVB Viever, disconnect power from the Skystar and start all again. Quite annoying.

I noticed that with HD channels, it took less time to crash stream.

Of course I tried administrator and compatibility options and now I'm thinking about voodoo magic.

Please, help.

Forgot to attach the support.zip, here is it, thx.

support.zip

Hi, I have this same problem, after more then one hour watching the video and sound freezes, for about 10 seconds and this repeats after a minute or so and goes on and on making DVBViewer only usefull as a toy.

My pc contains an ati 3600, tt 3200 and win 7 32bits.

BTW. I used [removed]. Now there is only one long freeze (after about one hour) of almost a minute and then it's back to normal.

(No support.zip, at work.)

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card

I said I use a legal card then am I stupid or what????

Greetings,

i´m new here and my card is ordered. I have bought a TechnoTrend Budget C-1501.

Are there any problems under Win 7 Professional 64bit? If yes, how can i solve them? I have searched and found this driver: Win7 32_64 BETA

Unfortunately there is no versionnumber available. Is this the best/newest driver?

I hope someone can help me. (Sorry for bad english :bounce: )

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

my card has arrived and i had the same problem (freeze after a hour). But after i installed Power DVD9 and placed the card in my other PCI-Slot (Board: MSI 975X Platinum PowerUp Editon). Now i use the orange PCI-Slot and it´s working :) But i have got many artefacts. I know, that this i not the right topic but i want mentioned it. (and again, sry for bad english, i am in a train and writting with my handy :))

I had the same problem and did this:

Changed from ATI to nVidia 8200

Old problem dissapearded, but new came: jerky video and pixelation

Changed motherboard to Zotac ION with Atom 330 and problem dissapeared!

But some times FireDTV lost connection to CAM module

Installed FireDTV drivers to newest 5.7 driver and everything works fine now

I have solved the problem ("freezing image") on my Win 7 system: Windows Media Center has to be deactivated in the System Control Panel ("Software" section). Alternatively, ehRecvr (Windows Media Center Service) can be finished using the Task Manager. The second solution might not be perfect, because sometimes this service is restarted automatically (I do not know, from whom).

Regards

Claus

I have solved the problem ("freezing image") on my Win 7 system: Windows Media Center has to be deactivated in the System Control Panel ("Software" section). Alternatively, ehRecvr (Windows Media Center Service) can be finished using the Task Manager. The second solution might not be perfect, because sometimes this service is restarted automatically (I do not know, from whom).

Regards

Claus

You can disable Windows Media Center by using the Group POlicy Editor:

click start, type gpedit.msc

I am not shure about the next menu options are named correct, because my Windows is in Danish

Choose computerconfiguration>administative tasks>Windows components>Windows Media Center>Allow Media Center not to run>Activated

Now Media Center will not run.

This also solves the problem with the MCE remote that starts Media Center when pressing the Green Button

Still freezing after some time :) Thank you anyway for the suggestion.

What have you done exactly: Did you deinstall Windows Media Center or did you terminate the ehRecvr service? The second way has only a limited effect. After a while the service is restarted automatically and the freezing problem occurs again.

Regards

Claus

Hi Claus,

I deactivated WMC from the local group criteria editor. Also checked for the ehRecvr service but was not running in the task manager. This happens randonmly after 30 mins / 1 hour I'm using DVB Viever and seems like it loose the stream coming from the Skystar HD2 CI Usb. Screen goes black and I have to turn off and on the Skystar and DVB and then again. Frustrating. Don't think it's a hardware issue because the same was happening with the last pc which had a different configuration.

Hi Claus,

I deactivated WMC from the local group criteria editor. Also checked for the ehRecvr service but was not running in the task manager. This happens randonmly after 30 mins / 1 hour I'm using DVB Viever and seems like it loose the stream coming from the Skystar HD2 CI Usb. Screen goes black and I have to turn off and on the Skystar and DVB and then again. Frustrating. Don't think it's a hardware issue because the same was happening with the last pc which had a different configuration.

I think you have a reception problem