Exclude from EPG

René Paw Christensen

What about an option to exclude all channels, except favorites from the EPG.

I have organized all the channels as favorites, and never uses the EPG because it is filled with channels which isn't a favorite and I can't watch.

René Paw Christensen

What about an option to exclude all channels, except favorites from the EPG.

I have organized all the channels as favorites, and never uses the EPG because it is filled with channels which isn't a favorite and I can't watch.

+1

Hi there,

I'm not a developer, but an experienced user... so, take a look at this: EPG Manager

the thread is in german, but the program is quite easy to understand...

good luck

Marty

I think for exists every EPG page is a favorites filter.

But i recommend using a sorted channel list instead of the favorites.

It is possible to use the favorites but you have to change about 20 settings to get everywhere the favorites instead of the channels.

It is possible to use the favorites but you have to change about 20 settings to get everywhere the favorites instead of the channels.

hmm... I did most likely 20 settings for one time instead of change 1438 channels I never will look at, every time a newer channellist is present...

But this is only my humble opinion...

Marty

instead of change 1438 channels I never will look at

You don't need to sort all channel. Just move the channels you like in a root folder at the beginning of the channel list instead of adding them to the Favourites.

• 3 weeks later...
You don't need to sort all channel. Just move the channels you like in a root folder at the beginning of the channel list instead of adding them to the Favourites.

The good of favourites is that you can delete the channel list, perform a new scan and find your channels exactly where they were. I know you can update the channellist instead of deleting it, but deleting it and performing a new scan is straightforward and very useful if your provider made many changes....

The bad of favourites is that you have to tweak a bunch of parameters to make all the ensamble work as you like. But you have to make it ONCE.... :blush:

A minor problem as i see is the first channel on the list takes the position nr. 0. My channel STV1 gets position 0 in other words if i place it first in the list. If i want it to have nr 1 i have to place some channel i dont have any use for first in the channellist. When setting up the remote i really dont wanna have SVT1 on button 0. Placing a dummychannel as nr 0 it will show on the EPG...thats why i wanna have the favourite filter for the EPG. Or you could simply fix the channellist itself...the first channel takes position nr.1 and not nr.0 as it is today.

A minor problem ...

Don't see it as a problem, see it as a feature...

In my favourites-list there is a radio-channel on position 'Zero', so I do have simply access to the prefered radio over the day by pressing '0' - and the other channels are in that order they have to be...

(That's also the reason, I don't use a sorted channellist... cause it's not possible to set a radio-channel on first position...!)

Marty

• 1 month later...

This EPG Manager does modify the way recording service updates EPG? I have memorized more than 40 satellites with a motorised dish, but I usually only need EPG for 4 or 5 satellites. In EPG Manager I can update only the satellites I wish. My question is if this selected satellites will be the only ones that recording service will update from now on.