Windows 7 & DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 stops working

Wolf70

Hi,

in order to address a broad community I will keep this one in english:

Right now i am running DVB 4.2.1.0 on W7 and a Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD card. PowerDVD 9.0 Decoders are installed and work in other programs without any issue.

Since I did a fresh install with W7 Ultimate RTM i am now facing the problem that DVB simply stops working after a while. The TV stream simply stops, a restart of the program itself does not solve the problem, only a complete system restart does for a while.

Question: Is there any known issue in this configuration? All software tunings that i tried so far did not help (e.g. turning off AV to check for a conflict,...).

Before i start a time consuming reverse engineering any hint would be highly apreciated!

Thxs

Wolf

PS: you can also respond in german :-).

Edited by Wolf70
Hi,

in order to address a broad community I will keep this one in english:

Right now i am running DVB 4.2.1.0 on W7 and a Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD card. PowerDVD 9.0 Decoders are installed and work in other programs without any issue.

Since I did a fresh install with W7 Ultimate RTM i am now facing the problem that DVB simply stops working after a while. The TV stream simply stops, a restart of the program itself does not solve the problem, only a complete system restart does for a while.

Question: Is there any known issue in this configuration? All software tunings that i tried so far did not help (e.g. turning off AV to check for a conflict,...).

Before i start a time consuming reverse engineering any hint would be highly apreciated!

Thxs

Wolf

PS: you can also respond in german :-).

I have the same setup as you and I have problems with discontinuities. Do you have similar problems?

I'm sorry I can't help with your problem.

Well, might be the same root cause. I think there is no other way than to analyse in depth what happens.

But I will wait for two weeks if additional posts about this kind of problem show up.

//W

What i dont understand is: If i, and other, post messages like this, we will get the angry message: If you do not atach the support tool output, you will be doomed!!!

But not here, why?

I am running with DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 and Win 7 RTM - setup is different (Tevii board plus ffdshow) - but I have experienced no problems since installation of RTM software 20 days ago and I currently use this as my everyday system so suggest problem with Powerdvd decoders

• 4 weeks later...

Only problem I encountered is that DVBViewer looses all found channels after a couple of days. I have to do a channel scan again to find any channels. Channels are again saved only a couple of days... :)

Using DVBViewer Pro V4.2.1.0 under Windows 7 (Skystar2 PCI card).

DVBViewer stops working intermittently. I think it may be after Windows 7 has gone into Sleep or Hibernate mode. The icon disappears from the system tray.

I have found a circumvention to be disabling the card driver in Device Manager and then re-Enabling it. Icon reappears and DVBViewer works again.

DVBViewer and Technisat drivers seem to have some rough edges under Windows 7. I hope it's sorted out soon. Shame there's no BDA driver to allow full 7-day EPG support in the UK in Windows Media Center.

I had a similar problem after upgrading to W7 32 bit.

After resume from sleep DVBViewer would internittently freeze and slow the whole PC down.

I found that the ATi drivers for my HD 3200 might have been to blame. I was using version 9.9 so removed it completely so that Windows used the Microsoft drivers and the problem stopped altogether. Then tried 9.10 and it came back so removed 9.10 again.

Then tried 9.8 and everything was good. Still works now. And under Windows 7 with this small fix DVBViewer has been much more stable than I found on Windows XP.

• 1 year later...

I have had the same problem....it is not a DVBViewer issue...since it is the same in Terratec Home Cinema.

I tried to take out my soundcard because I had had some problems with it and voila....everything was stable....

Then I almost bought a new soundcard but suddenly came to the realisation that it might be lack of power in the whole system. I found a place where you can check how big your power supply should be for various systems. It can be found here Antec Power Supply Calculator

I upgraded to a 700 W on my system and it looks like it is working. Even with my old soundcard.

Best regards,

broch