Tevii S660 USB problem with DiSEqC switching

dwomble

Using

DVBViewer 4.2.1.0

TransEdit 3.4.2.0

Tevii S660 USB and Driver.20090811.zip

Problem switching between the inputs of 4x1 DiSEqC switch (SAT SWITCH20W).

Got it setup as follows

Input 1 = 13e (Pos A/Opt A)

Input 2 = 19e (Pos B/Opt A)

Input 3 = 28e (Pos A/Opt B)

Input 4 = not connected

Now this used to work properly with DVBViewer/Transedit using a S2-3600 USB box.

No problems at all.

Bought a new Tevii S660 USB box since I setup another dish with 8x1 switch that the S2-3600 did not operate.

So onwards with new technology.

The Tevii seems to have trouble switching between the different inputs.

It works sometimes but is generally not reliable which obviously is no good for timer recordings.

On switching channels between the inputs, you get a black screen maybe a signal bar percentage (or just no signal) but its not tuned, so any recordings are zero sized files.

Testing with TransEdit generally it seems to default to Input 1, so it is not switching.

Tried combinations of all the different hardware settings in TransEdit, the best seems to be with Use Standard Interface ticked and Tuning Space as DD2 DVB-S.

On trying it with DVBViewer it still gives problems, tried Direct Tuning ticked and not ticked, also Stop Stream while tuning.

Also tried changing the DiSEqC in TransEdit to Extended and then Switch, Delay, Switch, Delay.

Nothing really seems to work reliably all the time.

Tried another switch (the one that would not switch using S2-3600) that is EMP Centauri P.168-W V2.

Using TransEdit it switches between the inputs using Extended and Uncommitted fine but switching between the channels using DVBViewer it gives the same problems.

For now I have gone back to using the S2-3600 which is working and switching between inputs without problems.

Any ideas?

support.zip

• Like 1

Manully set internal delay timers in TransEdit should help in the slow Diseqc switch conditions.

You may try larger values for the delay.

I have Tevii S470, switch between my 8-in-1 switch is perfect, the only issue for the card driver is:

When first the computer startup and DVBViewer startup, can't lock signal. I need to switch to a channel on another port to let it working. I ever wrote to Tevii technical support, but they were saying it's my slow Diseqc issue, in fact I tried 3 switches, they both have the 1st startup issue.

So I set to retune in DVBViewer, but there is also another issue ... and the DVBViewer author don't want to support ....

So I set to retune in DVBViewer, but there is also another issue ... and the DVBViewer author don't want to support ....

Which issue? That it takes 20 seconds until the app becomes responsive again? This is a TeVii driver issue not returning for 20 seconds... Is this still a problem? I thought that TeVii changed that, only performing the auto-mode when FEC is set to Auto.

Edited by CiNcH
Which issue? That it takes 20 seconds until the app becomes responsive again? This is a TeVii driver issue not returning for 20 seconds... Is this still a problem? I thought that TeVii changed that, only performing the auto-mode when FEC is set to Auto.

No matter what FEC/Modulaion mode is set, if tune to a channel with no signal, the DVBViewer will hang for 12 seconds. If I set in DVBViewer "retune on missing stream after 1 second", then DVBViewer will always hang there, I only have 1 second to choose another good channel between every 12 seconds to exit the indefinite retuning loop.

So I suggest to also add in Hardware options page an option: retune attempt, that will end retuning after some attempts.

And why don't you get a lock?

I recieve 12 satellites at my installation, and love to search SNG signals, so chances are that the channel has no signal...

Edited by ter9999

Thanks for the replies.

I tried experimenting with the delay and switching values.

Extended

Switch - Commited (unchanged) - 3 (A/:D

Internal - Delay - 1000 ms

Switch - Commited (unchanged) - 3 (A/;)

Internal - Delay - 1000 ms

Example above, this seems to improve the situation though I do not trust the results 100%.

Still seems to have troubles every now and then.

Also tried the switch setup with a Tevii S650 and that works fine without any messing about, just using the plain Pos A/Opt A etc settings.

So I will be emailing Tevii support to see what they have to say about the driver issues with the S660.

Try This.

Sorry! Need Upadte again!

Post #8 is a wrong test driver.

1.Use longer DiSEqC Bus status Idle check and timeout than old one.

Sadly! I can not upload this driver at this forum due to upload rule of this forum.

So, Contact TeVii for this correct test driver again!

Edited by AcerLin0625
Sadly! I can not upload this driver at this forum due to upload rule of this forum.

You may need to delete the previous one before uploading the new one (see My Controls -> Manage Your Attachments).

The problem is still present with the new driver v4.3.2.7

It does seem a bit better at switching but still not great.

Noticed something else, on tuning a dvb-s2 transponder on 19e (pos b/opt a) the first scan gives no signal.

If you rescan then it finds a signal and result.

Whether this is for all dvb-s2 transponders or just any transponder that is not present on the other switch inputs I could not say at the moment, it would need further investigation.

Thank you for your efforts so far.

The problem is still present with the new driver v4.3.2.7

It does seem a bit better at switching but still not great.

Noticed something else, on tuning a dvb-s2 transponder on 19e (pos b/opt a) the first scan gives no signal.

If you rescan then it finds a signal and result.

Whether this is for all dvb-s2 transponders or just any transponder that is not present on the other switch inputs I could not say at the moment, it would need further investigation.

Thank you for your efforts so far.

Try V4.3.2.8! It fixed S470 & S660 DiSEqC Issue in my laboratory. Please help me to confirm.

Still some problems with v4.3.2.8, below is my testing method in case it helps you with the issue.

Scan Selected using TransEdit v3.4.2.0 on the following transponders

(Pos A/Opt A) 13e 10775 h 28000 - correct result is AFN mux

(Pos B/Opt A) 19e 10773 h 22000 - correct result is TVP mux

(Pos A/Opt B) 28e 10773 h 22000 - correct result is BBC mux

Perform each transponder scan ten times, wait a few seconds between each scan.

You may have noticed that the symbol rate varies between the tps, the box does actually tune though.

Using default hardware settings, with just DVB-S2 Device ticked.

13e : 1-7 correct, 8 gave BBC (28e), 9-10 correct

19e : 1-7 correct, 8-10 gave AFN (13e)

28e : 1-3 gave AFN (13e), 4-8 correct, 9 gave AFN (13e), 10 gave no signal

Now again with Use standard Network Provider filter ticked in Hardware Settings

13e : 1-3 correct, 4 no signal, 5-10 correct

19e : 1 gave AFN (13e), 2 gave BBC (28e), 3-5 correct, 6-8 gave AFN (13e), 9-10 correct

28e : 1 gave AFN (13e), 2 correct, 3-5 gave AFN (13e), 6 no signal, 7 correct, 8-10 gave AFN (13e)

Now again with Use standard interface ticked and Tuning Space set to Internal.

13e : all correct

19e : all correct

28e : all correct

So that seems success, unfortunately not.

When trying with DVBViewer, both with and without Direct tuning ticked it still gives problems switching.

Also tried DVB Dream which had problems switching too.

Best wishes.

Still some problems with v4.3.2.8, below is my testing method in case it helps you with the issue.

Scan Selected using TransEdit v3.4.2.0 on the following transponders

(Pos A/Opt A) 13e 10775 h 28000 - correct result is AFN mux

(Pos B/Opt A) 19e 10773 h 22000 - correct result is TVP mux

(Pos A/Opt :wacko: 28e 10773 h 22000 - correct result is BBC mux

Perform each transponder scan ten times, wait a few seconds between each scan.

You may have noticed that the symbol rate varies between the tps, the box does actually tune though.

Using default hardware settings, with just DVB-S2 Device ticked.

13e : 1-7 correct, 8 gave BBC (28e), 9-10 correct

19e : 1-7 correct, 8-10 gave AFN (13e)

28e : 1-3 gave AFN (13e), 4-8 correct, 9 gave AFN (13e), 10 gave no signal

Now again with Use standard Network Provider filter ticked in Hardware Settings

13e : 1-3 correct, 4 no signal, 5-10 correct

19e : 1 gave AFN (13e), 2 gave BBC (28e), 3-5 correct, 6-8 gave AFN (13e), 9-10 correct

28e : 1 gave AFN (13e), 2 correct, 3-5 gave AFN (13e), 6 no signal, 7 correct, 8-10 gave AFN (13e)

Now again with Use standard interface ticked and Tuning Space set to Internal.

13e : all correct

19e : all correct

28e : all correct

So that seems success, unfortunately not.

When trying with DVBViewer, both with and without Direct tuning ticked it still gives problems switching.

Also tried DVB Dream which had problems switching too.

Best wishes.

So Driver V4.3.2.8 with transEdit are able to switch between these transponders, right?

If [YES], the V4.3.2.8 indeed fixed DiSEqC switch bug.

and the other problems are

1.DVBDream doesn't not support TeVii's DiSEqC interface.

2.DVBViewer has different lock transponder behavior from TransEdit.

So I think these look like not driver's issue.

If [NO], I think I must send you a V4.3.2.8 debug version driver to dump

some driver messages to analyze.

BRs

Edited by AcerLin0625
Try V4.3.2.8! It fixed S470 & S660 DiSEqC Issue in my laboratory. Please help me to confirm.

Hi, I have S470 card with Germany-made Chess BasicEdition 8-in1 Multiswitch, my issue with this card and the switch is that: when the 1st time my PC startup and the 1st time DVBViewer startup, I can't lock any signal. I need to change to another channel in order to lock signal. I'm thinking this is caused by the longer warm-up time needed for the multiswitch than the normal operating timer or the S470 card send the 1st DiSEqC cmd too fast.

so could you please have the driver wait for a while before sending the 1st DiSEqC cmd? I'm very glad to help test any of your drivers on my 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate. Next time, could you also post 64-bit driver in together with 32-bit ones?

Thanks much!

Hi, I have S470 card with Germany-made Chess BasicEdition 8-in1 Multiswitch, my issue with this card and the switch is that: when the 1st time my PC startup and the 1st time DVBViewer startup, I can't lock any signal. I need to change to another channel in order to lock signal. I'm thinking this is caused by the longer warm-up time needed for the multiswitch than the normal operating timer or the S470 card send the 1st DiSEqC cmd too fast.

so could you please have the driver wait for a while before sending the 1st DiSEqC cmd? I'm very glad to help test any of your drivers on my 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate. Next time, could you also post 64-bit driver in together with 32-bit ones?

Thanks much!

The TeVii's formal release driver V4.3.2.0 waits 500 ms when LNB first Power ON.

Is this still not enough?

I can provide a unsigned driver to test but not a signed driver.

and 64 bits windows OS needs a signed driver to install.

Unsigned driver installation on 64 bits windows needs disable driver

signature function by user manual mode.

So if you need a 64 bits signed driver, I suggest you waiting for

TeVii's formal release.

BRs

Edited by AcerLin0625
The TeVii's formal release driver V4.3.2.0 waits 500 ms when LNB first Power ON.

Is this still not enough?

I can provide a unsigned driver to test but not a signed driver.

and 64 bits windows OS needs a signed driver to install.

Unsigned driver installation on 64 bits windows needs disable driver

signature function by user manual mode.

So if you need a 64 bits signed driver, I suggest you waiting for

TeVii's formal release.

BRs

Besides, I will add a registry key "LNBPowerONDelay" in INF whose default value is 512 ms delay

to let user set a proper value for his switch device first power ON.

Edited by AcerLin0625
So Driver V4.3.2.8 with transEdit are able to switch between these transponders, right?

If [YES], the V4.3.2.8 indeed fixed DiSEqC switch bug.

and the other problems are

1.DVBDream doesn't not support TeVii's DiSEqC interface.

2.DVBViewer has different lock transponder behavior from TransEdit.

So I think these look like not driver's issue.

If [NO], I think I must send you a V4.3.2.8 debug version driver to dump

some driver messages to analyze.

BRs

Thanks for everyones efforts so far.

If someone from the DVBViewer team could confirm whether the difference between TransEdit and DVBV hardware settings is the problem now and not the driver it would be helpful.

Otherwise I have no problem running a debug driver.

Best wishes.

The main difference between TransEdit and DVBViewer is that TransEdit releases the device when something is finished (a scan session, analyzing a transponder, pre-viewing a channel) and re-initializes it for the next task. DVBViewer doesn't do that when switching between channels/transponders. It keeps the device and only performs tuning, possibly yielding a different timing.

The TransEdit behaviour can be simulated in DVBViewer by performing View -> Close Graph before switching to a channel on a different transponder.

Besides that there are no differences between the DVBViewer and TransEdit tuning/DiSEqC handling, as far as it concerns TeVii, and as far as I know. However, there's something that has to be considered: "Direct Tuning on" in the DVBViewer hardware settings conforms to "Use Standard Interface off" and "Use Internal NetworkProvider Filter on" in the TransEdit hardware settings.

Usually the "Retune on missing stream" option in DVBViewer is an effective remedy against DiSEqC timing issues. However, with TeVii devices it's more or less a PITA because of

it takes 20 seconds until the app becomes responsive again

...see above. So there's something I'd suggest to TeVii: Drop trying all possible FEC values, if there is no tuner lock (limit the tuning attempts to trying QPSK/8PSK modulation and pilot symbols on/off, yielding 4 possibilities), or make it configurable in the registry, or only try all the FEC values if FEC is not set (as CiNcH suggested). Rather let the tuner lock fail if FEC is wrong. We can handle it by providing transponder lists with correct FEC values, and users can handle it by retrieving the correct FEC value from LyngSat, or by performing a blind scan with TransEdit. But a call that returns after 20 seconds is troublesome in any case. :bye:

The main difference between TransEdit and DVBViewer is that TransEdit releases the device when something is finished (a scan session, analyzing a transponder, pre-viewing a channel) and re-initializes it for the next task. DVBViewer doesn't do that when switching between channels/transponders. It keeps the device and only performs tuning, possibly yielding a different timing.

The TransEdit behaviour can be simulated in DVBViewer by performing View -> Close Graph before switching to a channel on a different transponder.

Besides that there are no differences between the DVBViewer and TransEdit tuning/DiSEqC handling, as far as it concerns TeVii, and as far as I know. However, there's something that has to be considered: "Direct Tuning on" in the DVBViewer hardware settings conforms to "Use Standard Interface off" and "Use Internal NetworkProvider Filter on" in the TransEdit hardware settings.

Usually the "Retune on missing stream" option in DVBViewer is an effective remedy against DiSEqC timing issues. However, with TeVii devices it's more or less a PITA because of

...see above. So there's something I'd suggest to TeVii: Drop trying all possible FEC values, if there is no tuner lock (limit the tuning attempts to trying QPSK/8PSK modulation and pilot symbols on/off, yielding 4 possibilities), or make it configurable in the registry, or only try all the FEC values if FEC is not set (as CiNcH suggested). Rather let the tuner lock fail if FEC is wrong. We can handle it by providing transponder lists with correct FEC values, and users can handle it by retrieving the correct FEC value from LyngSat, or by performing a blind scan with TransEdit. But a call that returns after 20 seconds is troublesome in any case. :bye:

[Debug Driver Package]

TeVii_V4.3.2.9 & DebugView & DebugViewSetting.jpg here!

http://localhostr.com/files/03cd37/WUTemp.rar

[How to set User configuration for driver]

1.Two User configuration setting in INF, So you need reinstall driver with your modified INF,

Then You can have different driver function.

;Policy

;Driver default retune twice when tune a new transponder.

;But some device(S460,S650) will always need retune ON,

;Because these devices will try to retune with different sighnal pilot setting combination.

;0: Driver retune ON

;1: Driver retune OFF

HKR,"DriverData","TurnOffReTune",0x00010001, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00

;Policy

;0x??,0x??,0x??,0x?? : Delay ??? ms after LNB first Power ON, default is 512 ms.

;0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF : driver will alway LNB Power ON, never Power OFF

HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0x00,0x02,0x00,0x00

I think Maybe use above user configuration, your will fix your issue by LNB always Power ON or

add a long LNB Power ON delay(This will be a issue when you use DVBViewer, due to DVBViewer open

driver and close driver frequently, every DVBViewer first time open driver will cost this delay time).

[How to Dump Driver Message]

1.Run DebugView.exe.

2.Check items like DebugViewSetting.jpg.

3.Reinstall Debug Version TeViiSAll driver.

4.Check any driver message showed on DebugView screen.

5.Try to run some bug situation, Run TransEdit,do your test, save these message to a log file,

then clear the DebugView old message, Run DVBViewer, do your test,

save these new message to another log file.

6.The message log is as shorter as good.

7.Attached these logs, then I can try to compare what is wrong.

[s460 & S650 driver scan policy]

1.If AP can set only [bDA_MOD_QPSK/BDA_MOD_NBC_QPSK/BDA_MOD_NBC_8PSK], driver needs almost 4 seconds to enumerate all Coderate combinations.

2.If AP can set both [bDA_MOD_QPSK... and BDA_BCC_RATE_1_2...] , driver needs almost 1~2 seconds to lock a transponder.

3.IF AP doesn't set these two properties, driver need almost 20 seconds to try all conbinations to lock a transponder.

4.If these two properties set but no signal locked, driver will not do all combinations lock policy.

above policies fixed long time ago, I think maybe some users always tune transponder by case 3,

They need to understand how DVBViewer lock transponders by case 1 or case 2.

BRs

Edited by AcerLin0625

Did not change anything with the inf file, just updated the driver then ran the DebugView.

TransEdit1 prefixed logs are all with Hardware as follows

Use standard interface ticked and Tuning Space set to Internal.

TransEdit2 prefixed logs are all with Hardware as follows

Use standard interface not ticked and Use Internal Network Filter ticked.

(as equivalent to "Direct Tuning on" in the DVBViewer hardware settings)

good means it tuned

bad means it did not tune and the incorrectly tuned mux is named after.

DVBV_13e_19e_28e_fail.LOG

Above log is DVBViewer starting and tuned to 13e (1TVRUS Europe 12596 v 27500) which works.

Channel change to 19e TV Polonia (10773 h 22000) which works.

Channel change to 28e BBC 1 (10773 h 22000) which tunes but fails to give correct picture, just blank.

DVBV_28e_19e_fail.LOG

Above log is DVBViewer starting and tuned to 28e BBC 1 (10773 h 22000) which works.

Channel change to 19e TV Polonia (10773 h 22000) which tunes but fails to give correct picture, just blank.

Something not related to the DiSEqC issue.

Does the Tevii S660 support DVB-S2 16APSK signals?

The driver almost tunes them which is more than any of my other DVB-S2 boxes do.

Scan gives no channel results but appears to find the signal.

Analyze goes into a loop, displaying the information for a split second then blanking the display, and repeating.

I have enclosed two debug logs from this behaviour as well, though feel free to ignore them.

Hope all the logs are of some use, if not then I need more specific instructions.

Thanks for your efforts.

tevii_debug1.zip

Did not change anything with the inf file, just updated the driver then ran the DebugView.

TransEdit1 prefixed logs are all with Hardware as follows

Use standard interface ticked and Tuning Space set to Internal.

TransEdit2 prefixed logs are all with Hardware as follows

Use standard interface not ticked and Use Internal Network Filter ticked.

(as equivalent to "Direct Tuning on" in the DVBViewer hardware settings)

good means it tuned

bad means it did not tune and the incorrectly tuned mux is named after.

DVBV_13e_19e_28e_fail.LOG

Above log is DVBViewer starting and tuned to 13e (1TVRUS Europe 12596 v 27500) which works.

Channel change to 19e TV Polonia (10773 h 22000) which works.

Channel change to 28e BBC 1 (10773 h 22000) which tunes but fails to give correct picture, just blank.

DVBV_28e_19e_fail.LOG

Above log is DVBViewer starting and tuned to 28e BBC 1 (10773 h 22000) which works.

Channel change to 19e TV Polonia (10773 h 22000) which tunes but fails to give correct picture, just blank.

Something not related to the DiSEqC issue.

Does the Tevii S660 support DVB-S2 16APSK signals?

The driver almost tunes them which is more than any of my other DVB-S2 boxes do.

Scan gives no channel results but appears to find the signal.

Analyze goes into a loop, displaying the information for a split second then blanking the display, and repeating.

I have enclosed two debug logs from this behaviour as well, though feel free to ignore them.

Hope all the logs are of some use, if not then I need more specific instructions.

Thanks for your efforts.

First, Thanks for your Logs.

According to these logs,

After I fixed DiSEqC at V4.3.2.8, I think your case is not a DiSEqC issue now.

The bug seems happened when you switch program between same frequency & symbol rate

but different satellite.

Accoding to logs, signal are all locked all good and fail logs, but fail case you get blank screen.

I guess it may be M88DS3000 not work properly, So I need check this situation with TeVii first.

[16APSK Issue]

M88DS3000 supports QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK.

But TeVii just has QPSK, NBC_QPSK, NBC_8PSK signal,

So TeVii doesn't test 16APSK & 32APSK Actually.

@AcerLin0625

Offtopic.

1 bug with RemoteIR reciber.

When you press a buton is extremely fast in

repeat the command .. Only occurs in TeVii S470 (On S660 work fine.).

BR,

@AcerLin0625

Offtopic.

1 bug with RemoteIR reciber.

When you press a buton is extremely fast in

repeat the command .. Only occurs in TeVii S470 (On S660 work fine.).

BR,

First,

Your issue is not a bug, it just needs a additional feature to make user

more confortable to use IR.

http://localhostr.com/files/a49c8d/TeVii_V4.3.2.10.rar

Above is a no signed driver, just for test purpose only.

1.add S470 IR Repeat IDLE 500 ms.

Edited by AcerLin0625
First,

V4.3.2.10 also added some blind try to fix dwomble's M88DS3000 issue, but I have no signal source now,

So it is just a blind try!

BRs

Acer

Edited by AcerLin0625

Acer,

Thanks for your 64-bit driver! I'll test it tomorrow for the 1st LBN power-on locking failure case. Could you please explain more about following 2 policies?

;Policy

;Because these devices will try to retune with different sighnal pilot setting combination.

What's the meaning/mapping of "HKR,"DriverData","TurnOffReTune",0x00010001, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00"? I don't think this one is applicable to my 1st LBN power-on locking failure case.

;Policy

;0x??,0x??,0x??,0x?? : Delay ??? ms after LNB first Power ON, default is 512 ms.

What's the meaning/mapping of "HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0x00,0x02,0x00,0x00"? How to set the "LNBPowerONDelay" to some values like 400ms/600ms/700ms/800ms/etc?

Thanks much!

Acer,

Thanks for your 64-bit driver! I'll test it tomorrow for the 1st LBN power-on locking failure case. Could you please explain more about following 2 policies?

;Policy

What's the meaning/mapping of "HKR,"DriverData","TurnOffReTune",0x00010001, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00"? I don't think this one is applicable to my 1st LBN power-on locking failure case.

Acer:

or

HKR,"DriverData","TurnOffReTune",0x00010001, 0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00

;Policy

What's the meaning/mapping of "HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0x00,0x02,0x00,0x00"? How to set the "LNBPowerONDelay" to some values like 400ms/600ms/700ms/800ms/etc?

Acer:

;Delay 512 ms

or

;Delay 400 ms

HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0x90,0x01,0x00,0x00

or

;Delay 600 ms

HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0x58,0x02,0x00,0x00

or

;Delay 700 ms

HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0xBC,0x02,0x00,0x00

or

;Delay 800 ms

HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0x20,0x03,0x00,0x00

or

;LNB always power ON

HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF

Thanks much!

Acer,

;Policy

;Policy

Thanks much!

[TurnOffReTune]

or

HKR,"DriverData","TurnOffReTune",0x00010001, 0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00

[LNBPowerONDelay]

;Delay 512 ms

or

;Delay 400 ms

HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0x90,0x01,0x00,0x00

or

;Delay 600 ms

HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0x58,0x02,0x00,0x00

or

;Delay 700 ms

HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0xBC,0x02,0x00,0x00

or

;Delay 800 ms

HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0x20,0x03,0x00,0x00

or

;LNB always power ON

HKR,"DriverData","LNBPowerONDelay",0x00010001, 0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF

Then reinstall driver with your New INF by manual assign INF & driver.

BRs

Acer

Edited by AcerLin0625
First,

It would be good idea to add also the possibility of changing the delay value in the IR on inf file?....

For me work fine. This feature is for users need more speed in IR.

It would be good idea to add also the possibility of changing the delay value in the IR on inf file?....

For me work fine. This feature is for users need more speed in IR.

It must be a misunderstanding you made. The Repeat IDLE means

when you press a key, old driver get repeat key in very short time (maybe less than 100ms) and send to AP directly,

But when fixed driver get a repeat key, driver will idle 500ms and send no key to AP,

after 500ms passed if still same repeat key press, driver start to pass this key to AP.

So when AP start to get repeat key, the repeat frequency is same with old driver.

BRs

Acer

Edited by AcerLin0625
It must be a misunderstanding you made. The Repeat IDLE means

when you press a key, old driver get repeat key in very short time (maybe less than 100ms) and send to AP directly,

But when fixed driver get a repeat key, driver will idle 500ms and send no key to AP,

I refer to that time. editing the inf file for change this value for other.... ¿it's possible?

Thanks for you reply.

I refer to that time. editing the inf file for change this value for other.... ¿it's possible?

Thanks for you reply.

;Policy

;???: Delay RC repeat ??? ms, default 512 ms

;Only support S470

HKR,"DriverData","RCRepeatIdle",0x00010001, 0x00,0x02,0x00,0x00

http://localhostr.com/files/e1ae3d/TeVii_V4.3.2.11.rar

Add this feature is no problem definitely, But One thing is very important!

TeVii may not add all above features inside their formal release and signed driver.

BRs

Acer

Edited by AcerLin0625

A question to TeVii: Are there plans to support the new interfaces resp. properties / property sets introduced by MS lately in future driver versions?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd693285(VS.85).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd693308(VS.85).aspx

allowing to handle DiSEqC and DVB-S2 params manufacturer-independently. Additionally the IDVBSLocator2 interface exposes some of the stuff, so I guess it is supposed to be used in Win7 MCE.

A question to TeVii: Are there plans to support the new interfaces resp. properties / property sets introduced by MS lately in future driver versions?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd693285(VS.85).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd693308(VS.85).aspx

allowing to handle DiSEqC and DVB-S2 params manufacturer-independently. Additionally the IDVBSLocator2 interface exposes some of the stuff, so I guess it is supposed to be used in Win7 MCE.

TeVii still has no plan to support PBDA interface now,

So there is no any PBDA interface within their formal release driver.

Above test driver can use DiSEqC 4 in 1 switch function in MCE,

but it has a 43 days Time bomb within this interface.

43 days later, driver works properly except PBDA DiSEqC interface.

BRs

Acer

Edited by AcerLin0625
;Policy

;???: Delay RC repeat ??? ms, default 512 ms

;Only support S470

HKR,"DriverData","RCRepeatIdle",0x00010001, 0x00,0x02,0x00,0x00

http://localhostr.com/files/e1ae3d/TeVii_V4.3.2.11.rar

Add this feature is no problem definitely, But One thing is very important!

TeVii may not add all above features inside their formal release and signed driver.

These functions will be unavailable in the formal release? is a sorrow :(

However, manually adding these entries in the registry, work with formal release?

br,

These functions will be unavailable in the formal release? is a sorrow :(

However, manually adding these entries in the registry, work with formal release?

br,

Check TeVii's formal release driver INF, you can know what function it has.

BRs

Acer

Check TeVii's formal release driver INF, you can know what function it has.

BRs

Acer

In the formal version only this "TurnOffReTune".

In this test versions "LNBPowerONDelay" and "RCRepeatIdle" is avaliable..

TeVii still has no plan to support PBDA interface now

What does the "P" stand for?

Anyway... [irony] things shouldn't be too easy for application programmers, right? If all manufacturers would take the opportunity to use a unique DiSEqC interface, thus relieving us from having to implement and maintain X different methods for passing DiSEqC commands, we really wouldn't know what to do in all that spare time... [/irony]

Above test driver can use DiSEqC 4 in 1 switch function in MCE, but it has a 43 days Time bomb within this interface. 43 days later, driver works properly except PBDA DiSEqC interface.

Awesome! Good for DVBViewer :( But why? You don't like MCE users? Want to frustrate them a bit?