Tevii S660 USB problem with DiSEqC switching

dwomble

What does the "P" stand for?

Anyway... [irony] things shouldn't be too easy for application programmers, right? If all manufacturers would take the opportunity to use a unique DiSEqC interface, thus relieving us from having to implement and maintain X different methods for passing DiSEqC commands, we really wouldn't know what to do in all that spare time... [/irony]

Awesome! Good for DVBViewer :( But why? You don't like MCE users? Want to frustrate them a bit?

PBDA: Protected Broadcast Driver Architecture ~ MS's new BDA definiton is compatible with old BDA definition.

You can check some keyword "KSPROPSETID_BdaDiseqCommand" in bdamedia.h of WDK 7600.16385.0.

In other words, WDK defined DiSEqC command from this WDK version now on.

I think most of manufacturers are used to implement DiSEqC by their own way, So at this moment PBDA seems

to be a good for nothing. Vendors implement it just for MCE compatible.

PBDA DiSEqC interface just for test purpose only. still needs some time to verify OK.

BRs

Acer

I think most of manufacturers are used to implement DiSEqC by their own way

That's true. Unfortunately.

So at this moment PBDA seems to be a good for nothing. Vendors implement it just for MCE compatible.

We could use the interfaces in DVBViewer as well. It could save a lot of work and hustle in future. For users, application programmers and vendors. They could implement it for DVBViewer compatibility :( Currently I'm busy with translating the new definitions (interfaces, constants etc) from the MS header files to Delphi code (as far as they are important for us), in order to prepare DVBViewer for what's coming. That's why I'm interested in how vendors think about it, and I would like to encourage them to make ends meet.

but if I'm right this is not really connected to the DiSEqC things

As far as I can see it can be implemented independently from all that DRM stuff.

After all our testings PASS for the 4.3.2.xx drivers, hope the last version can become the official version. It doesn't make sense that next ofc version (say maybe 4.3.5) doesn't include the new features in 4.3.2.xx.

Now the 11 point version seems resolved my 1st lock failure issue in the past 2 days, though need more days to test. It just works fine under my configuration.

Edited by ter9999
V4.3.2.10 also added some blind try to fix dwomble's M88DS3000 issue, but I have no signal source now,

So it is just a blind try!

BRs

Acer

Using TeVii_V4.3.2.12.

At first it did seem to work okay but after some testing it still has problems.

13e means 1TVRUS Europe (12596 v 27500)

19e means TV Polonia (10773 h 22000)

28e means BBC 1 (10773 h 22000)

good means it tuned correctly

fail means it gave black screen, incorrectly tuned

Ran the test a few times and captured two sets of data, which hopefully will help.

DVBV_4-3-2-12_test1.LOG

DVBViewer running and tuned to 13e, debug log is reset.

Tune to 19e - good

Tune to 28e - good

Tune to 19e - good

Tune to 28e - good

DVBV_4-3-2-12_test2.LOG

Tune to 19e - fail

Tune to 28e - good

Tune to 19e - fail

Tune to 28e - good

Thanks for your efforts.

DVBV_4_3_2_12_test.zip

thanks!... .

This version fix detection bugs with windows 7 (x64)?

sometimes detected and sometimes not detect.

BR,

This version adds more demodilation ID detection retries,

This detection will check demodulation ID right or wrong when driver loaded.

If detection is fail, User will see an exclamation mark in front of the TeVii device in

device manager and code 10 error.

BRs

Acer

Edited by AcerLin0625
After all our testings PASS for the 4.3.2.xx drivers, hope the last version can become the official version. It doesn't make sense that next ofc version (say maybe 4.3.5) doesn't include the new features in 4.3.2.xx.

Now the 11 point version seems resolved my 1st lock failure issue in the past 2 days, though need more days to test. It just works fine under my configuration.

I said not all of these features will be added into their official release.

It means TeVii will think about what is must and what is just for test purpose.

So, it all depends on TeVii's release ploicy.

BRs

Acer

Using TeVii_V4.3.2.12.

At first it did seem to work okay but after some testing it still has problems.

13e means 1TVRUS Europe (12596 v 27500)

19e means TV Polonia (10773 h 22000)

28e means BBC 1 (10773 h 22000)

good means it tuned correctly

fail means it gave black screen, incorrectly tuned

Ran the test a few times and captured two sets of data, which hopefully will help.

DVBV_4-3-2-12_test1.LOG

Tune to 19e - good

Tune to 28e - good

Tune to 19e - good

Tune to 28e - good

DVBV_4-3-2-12_test2.LOG

Tune to 19e - fail

Tune to 28e - good

Tune to 19e - fail

Tune to 28e - good

Thanks for your efforts.

!!!! Your logs shock me a little !!!!,

It seems DiSEqC not works properly like you said now.

I test DiSEqC by DiSEqC monitor, and it work fine.

So I think I must add a registry "DiSEqCReTryCnt" try to fix this issue.

;Policy

;0: DiSEqC ReTry Disable

;???: DiSEqC ReTry ??? times

HKR,"DriverData","DiSEqCReTryCnt",0x00010001, 0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00

The attached driver INF I set DiSEqCReTryCnt 1, You just need reinstall driver manually

with this INF(it means assign driver folder by user, don't use auto search).

http://localhostr.com/files/d6efbf/TeVii_V4.3.2.13.rar

Thanks for your assistance.

Edited by AcerLin0625
!!!! Your logs shock me a little !!!!,

It seems DiSEqC not works properly like you said now.

I test DiSEqC by DiSEqC monitor, and it work fine.

;Policy

;0: DiSEqC ReTry Disable

;???: DiSEqC ReTry ??? times

HKR,"DriverData","DiSEqCReTryCnt",0x00010001, 0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00

The attached driver INF I set DiSEqCReTryCnt 1, You just need reinstall driver manually

with this INF(it means assign driver folder by user, don't use auto search).

http://localhostr.com/files/d6efbf/TeVii_V4.3.2.13.rar

Thanks for your assistance.

Besides,

What switch do you use?

SAT SWITCH20W ? or ......

I think TeVii should buy same switch for this issue.

BRs

Acer

There are means to let DVBViewer & TransEdit send DiSEqC commands repeatedly.

1) Per satellite position by using the DiSEqC editor. It also allows to add delays.

2) Per device by tweaking the file hardware.xml (DVBViewer Pro) resp. Setup.ini (DVBViewer GE) resp. TransEdit.ini (TransEdit). The files are located in the configuration folder (see Help -> Configuration folder in DVBViewer Pro resp. Info -> Configuration in DVBViewer GE / TransEdit). The app must be closed before changing the file with a text editor. The "DiSEqCCount" entry relating to the device specifies how often DiSEqC commands are sent (0 = DiSEqC disabled for this device).

Tried TeVii_V4.3.2.13 which does seem better.

With DiSEqCReTryCnt set at 2, ten times scan 28e tp 10773 h 22000 was bad twice.

With DiSEqCReTryCnt set at 1, ten times scan 28e tp 10773 h 22000 was bad once.

The main issue seems to be between port 1 (13e) and port 3 (28e) which is what I am testing for to start with.

What puzzles me are a few things.

When doing a scan on 28e 10773 h 22000, the result is often 13e port 1, and the tp details for that signal is 10775 h 28000.

So it is tuning a SR of 28000 instead of 22000. I can understand it going maybe 100 or 200 either side of 22000 but not 6000.

Might be useful for blind scan purposes but not for general usage.

When you scan a tp on 28e that does not exist with similar specs on the other two ports (13e/19e) then it seems tunes fine every time.

So for instance, 28e 10788 v 22000. This exists on 19e as 10788 v 22000 but nothing similar on 13e (nearest is 10796 v 27500).

Another example, 28e 10758 v 22000. This exists on 13e as 10757 v 27500 but nothing similar on 19e.

So I am thinking that maybe its not the initial DiSEqC switching that is at fault.

Something with the tuning is resetting the DiSEqC switching and ending up defaulting on port 1.

Okay I have just seen the vertical scan fail (10788 v 22000) but that was after many (maybe 20) repeated scan attempts, so it seems vertical is a lot more fault tolerant than horizontal.

For all the testing so far I am using SAT SWITCH20W.

Photo, http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ma9xsm&s=4

The switch works fine with Tevii S650 and the TT S2-3600 usb devices.

If the weather holds out I might try swapping it for another DiSEqC switch.

Attached some more log files, including some from the S650 in case that might help.

Best wishes.

TE_4_3_2_13_debug.zip

The weather was on my side for a change, so I tried a couple of different DiSEqC switches.

Vialuna SDS 224 WSG 2x1 switch

with 13e on (Pos A/Opt A) and 28e on (Pos B/Opt A)

S660 did not tune anything from 2nd port.

S650 did not tune anything from 2nd port.

EMP Centauri P.164-IW DiSEqC 2.0 switch 4x1

http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id...eg=45&id=62

same configuration as the SAT SWITCH20W (13e/19e/28e)

S660 worked fine switching between ports.

S650 worked fine switching between ports.

Both the switches also worked fine with my TT S2-3600 usb device.

I did not try the EMP Centauri P.168-W V2 8x1 yet, that will have to wait for another time.

So it seems I need to perform some more testing with the EMP switch then maybe source another one to end my troubles.

Best wishes.

The weather was on my side for a change, so I tried a couple of different DiSEqC switches.

Vialuna SDS 224 WSG 2x1 switch

with 13e on (Pos A/Opt A) and 28e on (Pos B/Opt A)

S660 did not tune anything from 2nd port.

S650 did not tune anything from 2nd port.

EMP Centauri P.164-IW DiSEqC 2.0 switch 4x1

http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id...eg=45&id=62

same configuration as the SAT SWITCH20W (13e/19e/28e)

S660 worked fine switching between ports.

S650 worked fine switching between ports.

Both the switches also worked fine with my TT S2-3600 usb device.

I did not try the EMP Centauri P.168-W V2 8x1 yet, that will have to wait for another time.

So it seems I need to perform some more testing with the EMP switch then maybe source another one to end my troubles.

Best wishes.

Base on your logs, I found when S660 is fail, there will be DiSEqC command timeout messages,

00000026 2.22856712 DS3000_Diseqc_Cmd_: TimeOut!

00000027 4.39096165 DS3000_Wait_DSEC_RDY_: Timeout!

I think S660 seems some trouble to work with these switches now. I think TeVii must buy these switches for

their diseqc compatibility of product.

If I will have these switches and test them with S660, I will report you at this forum in the future.

Thanks for your assistance!

BRs

Acer

Edited by AcerLin0625
Base on your logs, I found when S660 is fail, there will be DiSEqC command timeout messages,

Due to dwomble's issue needs different DiSEqC switches to test, it will cost some weeks or more.

Below driver will be temporary solution for this issue.

http://localhostr.com/files/a2a63d/TeVii_V4.3.2.14.rar

;Policy

;0: DiSEqC delay Disable

;???: DiSEqC delay ??? ms

HKR,"DriverData","DiSEqCDelay",0x00010001, 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00

BRs

Acer

Edited by AcerLin0625

Tried TeVii_V4.3.2.14 and it seems worse, tried 512ms delay and no good scan results.

So I will wait until you get a similar switch to test in your lab.

Thanks for all your help so far.

• 1 month later...

I got directed to this thread by a kind user from the thread Wiederholung der Tastendrucke bei der FB, which is about the TeVii S470 remote chatter issue with the TeVii Remote Plugin for DVBViewer.

I am currently using the latest official driver for my TeVii S470 under Windows 7 32-bit (version 4.3.5.0 dated 10/08/2009) which is newer than the inofficial drivers linked here. Sadly I am still experiencing the issue with some of the remote's buttons triggering several times on one press.

Is this only an issue with the TeVii Remote Plugin for DVBViewer? I did not try the official MyTeVii application, as I don't want to clutter my system and only want to use DVBViewer for watching and recording TV.

;Policy

;???: Delay RC repeat ??? ms, default 512 ms

;Only support S470

HKR,"DriverData","RCRepeatIdle",0x00010001, 0x00,0x02,0x00,0x00

Add this feature is no problem definitely, But One thing is very important!

TeVii may not add all above features inside their formal release and signed driver.

Did this registry entry make it into the official 4.3.5.0 release? When not: why? Doesn't this problem occur with the official MyTeVii application?

New Tevii Editor version.

Some fixes and improviments:

TeVii_editor_1.1.zip - 0.02MB

Install driver nomal, and then change settings with TeVii Editor.

Does this tool work with the official TeVii drivers for the S470?

Thanks in advance, greetings from Stuttgart,

Jens

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo

I ve the same problem with my tevii remote on win 7 x64 and I need some help! Where do I need to insert these 512 ms?

In the teviisall.inf? If so how can I modify it I always get the message ´Accesse denied´ when i try to save changes.

thanks

Install latest driver you have in this topic, and then download tevii-editor.

Run teviieditor.exe, and change RCRepeatIdle to 512 or other similar value.. then save!.

(Run app as admin).

Sorry for my english.

Greetings.

Hallo again

Thanks for the quick answer. I just installed the latest driver from here and ckecked the value of RCRepeatIdle (was default 512). So far everything worked fine. Now I ve the problem that none of mine dvb softwares recognizes the card any more!

See you!

Hi

Got it to work. Win 7 64 bit is not accepting unsigned drivers. Made it like this http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-1...Vista7-x64.html .

Now next problem! With the new driver I can t find no channels anymore. Tried on MyTevii, Progdvb and Smartdvb. The good news are that the remote is now working fine! (toggle fullscreen, vol up down, ... all the stuff I can do without channels!!!) So dont know what do do now!!

Hallo

Me again! Its working now. I had forgotten to connect the cable! Ups. Working fine now exepect that I have to stay in Win 7 testmode. Hope the next official drivers will fix the problem with the remote. Thanks to you all and for your help

Greetings

Hi

Same for me! On the news page of Tevii they anounced a new driver but with the same release date (Driver20090810). They are also talking about new Software myTeVii version V4.00.117 but I can t find it!

See you

Ups!

Download new driver and app here:

12/10/2009, v 4.4.5.0: hxxp://www.dvbhispano.com/descargas/drivers_y_modulos/tevii_driver.20091211/download_2.html

MyTeVii 4.00.117: hxxp://www.tevii.com/Release.20091211.zip

o:)

Greetings!

Cjcr.

Edited by Cjcr
I tested this driver 4.4.5.0 and don't fix the problem with RC.... Sorry guys. o:)

Is this actually an issue of the TeVii driver or does it only occur with the DVBViewer TeVii Remote Plugin?

Did someone try if the issue also occurs with the MyTeVii application?

If I knew for sure that this is an issue of the TeVii driver, I would ask them to fix it. But I do not want to install MyTeVii to try myself.

Jens

Is this actually an issue of the TeVii driver or does it only occur with the DVBViewer TeVii Remote Plugin?

Did someone try if the issue also occurs with the MyTeVii application?

Is a issue on driver. I am sure.

Tested on several programs.

In this thread has reported the problem to Tevii (AcerLin0625).

In this thread has reported the problem to Tevii (AcerLin0625).

I have asked TeVii for a solution to the remote controll issue of the TeVii S470. They seem to deny that there is a problem at all:

"We have tested again and ask our Distributor to test as well.

No such problem has been found.

Would you mind trying in different OS or PC and see whether the problem still exists?"

I would like to point them to this thread, especially as there were fixes made available, but I am unsure if TeVii is aware of the "unofficial" driver builds being distributed here. I do not want to get AcerLin0625 into trouble. But on the other side I do not want to leave the issue as it is and hope that TeVii might one day fix the issue.

This also raises the question why these fixes were not incorporated into the official TeVii drivers. Is AcerLin0625 a freelancer trying to convince TeVii to invest into a new release and TeVii does not want to or does not have the money to pay for it?

I am really disappointed by the quality of the TeVii product and driver at the moment.

-Jens

Hi Jens,

The card has a lot of quality, the problem is drivers. Almost always the case ...

I no sure if AcerLin0625 works to Tevii directly or not.

I am certain is that it is a problem of drivers. Also, here's the driver that solves the problem ... ;)

Hi Jens,

The card has a lot of quality, the problem is drivers. Almost always the case ...

I no sure if AcerLin0625 works to Tevii directly or not.

I am certain is that it is a problem of drivers. Also, here's the driver that solves the problem ... o:)

Hi all,

TeViiSAll.sys is my part-time design for TeVii products S420,S460,S630,S650,S470, So the answer is "Yes",

I am not a TeVii staff.

Few days ago, I released TeVii driver source code V4.3.2.0 and now they maintain this source code by themselves.

I believe that TeVii is able to fix any bugs for you in the future, So just forget BETA driver on this forum and request

TeVii what you want.

BRs

Acer

Besides, S464 is TeVii now porting product by themselves on TeViiSAll.sys template source code .

Edited by AcerLin0625
Besides, S464 is TeVii now porting product by themselves on TeViiSAll.sys template source code .

Hi, could you tell us the difference between S464 and S470? There isn't comparison chart on TeVii official site.

PS. The TeVii S470 card is really a good product and has the shortest channel switch time among cards I'm using.