Tevii S660 USB problem with DiSEqC switching

dwomble

Hi, could you tell us the difference between S464 and S470?

PCI vs. PCIe, so different bridge controller. Both base on Montage tuner parts which support blindscan, see my blog..

Concerning the remote problem... I remember when the DVBViewer TeVii remote plugin was written, that we had the issue with repeated codes as well. It was solved by adding an anti-repeat time to the plugin. The remote then worked perfectly for the S650 I tested with back then. I will try it with a S470 as well as soon as I find the time for it...

Maybe the wrong version was uploaded into the members section...

Edited by CiNcH
Concerning the remote problem... I remember when the DVBViewer TeVii remote plugin was written, that we had the issue with repeated codes as well. It was solved by adding an anti-repeat time to the plugin. The remote then worked perfectly for the S650 I tested with back then. I will try it with a S470 as well as soon as I find the time for it...

Maybe the wrong version was uploaded into the members section...

This might be the issue we are experiencing. The TeVii support got back to me:

The remote control behavior is influenced by application software instead of driver.

We have been complained by DVBViewer users long time ago that our remote is too "sensitive".

At the end, DVBViewer fixed this bug by improving its RC plugin. Maybe you could ask DVBViewer to send you a new plugin to fix this issue.

If this is an issue with the remote plugin instead of the driver then please let us know where we can download the newest TeVii Remote Control Plugin for DVBViewer.

Thanks,

Jens

Let me first check. We had reports in the German part of the forum that the plugin works without any problems for some people, for some not (same problem with repeated codes). I actually have no clue what the problem is. Maybe it can be solved with a configurable anti-repeat time.

My feeling is that the problem is not with the driver. The driver should not have an anti-repeat. This should be handled on application level...

Edited by CiNcH
My feeling is that the problem is not with the driver. The driver should not have an anti-repeat. This should be handled on application level...

Hi,

I'm have both models, s470 and s660. With S660 no have repeat issue... Only with S470, and does work fine with SmartDVB, MyTevii (dvbcore) and DVBDream....

I very sure the needs delay inside driver...

That is easier, add a delay to the driver of 500ms, or add a delay to all programs compatible with DVB Tevii??

Obviously, to driver.

Sorry for my english.

Greetings.

I'm have both models, s470 and s660. With S660 no have repeat issue...

Thanks for reporting. So indeed USB products seem to have a higher repeat time within hardware (maybe due to different signaling and delays) already.

That is easier, add a delay to the driver of 500ms, or add a delay to all programs compatible with DVB Tevii??

Obviously, to driver.

The preferred delay can be pretty subjective. That is why I would like to leave this up to the user anyway.

It is also not nice to have several delays. Some apps already seem to have this anti-repeat time so I would like to avoid adding another one to the driver. These apps may end up having a 1000ms delay or something like that afterwards so they would have to be adjusted again. So I prefer adjusting the DVBViewer TeVii remote plugin and adding a configurable anti-repeat time.

Edited by CiNcH
The preferred delay can be pretty subjective. That is why I would like to leave this up to the user anyway.

It is also not nice to have several delays. Some apps already seem to have this anti-repeat time so I would like to avoid adding another one to the driver. These apps may end up having a 1000ms delay or something like that afterwards so they would have to be adjusted again. So I prefer adjusting the DVBViewer TeVii remote plugin and adding a configurable anti-repeat time.

You are right, a temporary solution may be to add an anti-repeat until Tevii configurable solve the problem in its own drivers.

Hey guys,

attached, you'll find a new version of the TeVii remote plugin for the DVBViewer.

[NEW]

[*] configurable anti-repeat time within the tvremote.ini (default 250ms)

The hardcoded anti-repeat delay was 125ms in previous versions. If 250ms is still not enough, try increasing this value within the ini file.

Feedback would be appreciated as we can't test it. In case of success, we will upload it into the members section.

tevii_remote.zip

Edited by CiNcH
attached, you'll find a new version of the TeVii remote plugin for the DVBViewer.

[...]

Feedback would be appreciated as we can't test it. In case of success, we will upload it into the members section.

I really would like to test the new version of the TeVii remote plugin, but I can't download it.

I am getting the error message: "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.". But I am logged in. :bounce:

Jens

You should have. Please try again, maybe with a different browser, and make sure you are logged in.

[EDIT]

You can also download it here.

Edited by CiNcH

[NEW]

[*] configurable anti-repeat time within the tvremote.ini (default 250ms)

The hardcoded anti-repeat delay was 125ms in previous versions. If 250ms is still not enough, try increasing this value within the ini file.

Strange. Today the download works fine. Now to the new version of the plugin:

I unzipped the *.dll and *.ini overriding the old version of the DLL. I tried different values for antirepeat, event up to 5000 (yes, fivethousand), but it does not help (best seen in the favorite OSD menu).

Maybe this is because of Windows 7? I am unsure if the dll can find the ini in the same directory (because of these "folder layers" or how to call that feature of Windows 7).

Anyone else still has the repeat issue with the driver?

Jens

You can try copying the ini into the DVBViewer configuration folder, then folder Plugins (DVBViewer menu bar -> Help -> Configuration folder).

So no matter what you set for the anti-repeat time, it makes no difference?

Think I don't have to mention that you should only edit the ini, when the DVBViewer is closed?

Edited by CiNcH
You can try copying the ini into the DVBViewer configuration folder, then folder Plugins (DVBViewer menu bar -> Help -> Configuration folder).

So no matter what you set for the anti-repeat time, it makes no difference?

Wow! Thank you CiNcH! That did it.

I have moved the INI from ?:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Plugins into this special directory structure you get using the Help -> Configuration Folder menu item (there also into the Plugins directory). Now it works just fine (5000 is way to high, the default 250 are good).

It would be fantastic if this would be made a GUI option (for the dummies like me).

Thanks again to you both (Christian and CiNcH), now I can really start to enjoy my new Atom + ION + TeVii HTPC. :bounce:

Btw.: Are there plans from the plugin developer to develop a EventGhost plugin? That would be really cool.

Jens

Think that TeVii should just add a little note to the API, so that everybody who deals with the TeVii remote API knows that he has to take care of anti-repeat time. My opinion still is that the driver should not add a delay.

The attached version should run fine. I updated the way how the plugin is reading the antirepeat setting. If the settings can not be found at the setting folder, the plugin uses the default ini file instead.

Christian

tvremote.zip

• 3 weeks later...
Wow! Thank you CiNcH! That did it.

I have moved the INI from ?:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Plugins into this special directory structure you get using the Help -> Configuration Folder menu item (there also into the Plugins directory). Now it works just fine (5000 is way to high, the default 250 are good).

It would be fantastic if this would be made a GUI option (for the dummies like me).

Thanks again to you both (Christian and CiNcH), now I can really start to enjoy my new Atom + ION + TeVii HTPC. :P

Btw.: Are there plans from the plugin developer to develop a EventGhost plugin? That would be really cool.

Jens

I would appriciate an Eventghost plugin aswell. I would buy that person a beer :P (or non-alcoholic drink)

Regards

• 2 months later...

Hi

I've just bought a Tevii S660 and a motorized dish. Can Tevii S660 move that under DVBViewer? How?

I have been using a Diseq 1.0 PCSAT card with 4 dishes without problems under DVBViewer.

I'll be grateful to you.

• 2 months later...

Using

DVBViewer 4.2.1.0

TransEdit 3.4.2.0

Tevii S660 USB and Driver.20090811.zip

Problem switching between the inputs of 4x1 DiSEqC switch (SAT SWITCH20W).

Got it setup as follows

Input 1 = 13e (Pos A/Opt A)

Input 2 = 19e (Pos B/Opt A)

Input 3 = 28e (Pos A/Opt B)

Input 4 = not connected

Do you still have the problems? I am using drivers 4.5.0.0 and also the S660 - but I still have problems with some transponders (on input 2 and 3)... :(

I have also three Inputs - the same like you but 1 and 2 swapped...

So, let me know, if you found a solution.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Windows XP

TeVii S660

DVBViewer 4.1.1

transEdit 3.4.2

DiseqC 4in1

134E A/A

138E B/A

146E A/B

LOF1 11300 LOF2 11300 LOF S/W 11700(0 is ok too)

(All my LNBs are 11.3G)

It works very well, the only problem is some free China channels are without voice!But no such a problem on ALTDVB/MyTevii/MyThetre/ProgDVB/DVBDream!

Those silent channels are 134E 12395V27500 CETV-1/CETV-2/CETV-sky 3 channels, and other 11 free channels in 138E 12538V41250 (Longtown Asia)!

It's so strange! No voice for free China channels only?! haha... :biggrin:

Can somebody tell me why?