analog sources

lams

I know that DVBViewer gets only digital sources. I would like to have also analog sources or at least s-video or composite video input support. I know this is also analog. This will be very nice to concentrate all of my sources (digital, cable decoder, analog and vcr) in one program. You have probably the best program in the world but with that, you can be sure that you have.

• 1 month later...

We are several users that suggest this (analog support) because we find it useful and necessary to complete the program but, I do not why, DVBViewer developer always gives us a resounding NO, without explaining reasons.

I think that it is not a very difficult feature to implement and it will be very useful for many of us, but it is a closed matter, i fear.

Edited by ii141c
I think that it is not a very difficult feature to implement

If it is that easy for you. You only need to build a Program that transforms analog TV in a proper DVB-IPTV. Than you can add in DVBViewer a DVB-IPTV device and use analog TV in DVBViewer. :)

OK. I thought it was no dificult to implement this feature, as many other programs have it, but it seems that it is no so easy. I apologize.

I think that the only reason for me and for many other users of DVBViewer to ask for analogue is that we think that DVBViewer is the best program, but we need analog channels and it is a pity for us to have to use two diferent programms or to use another program that allows to use digital and analog channels.

We think: if another worse programms have it, why this wonderful program does not?

I apologize again if I have disturb anybody

Why do you need analog?

Is there any country that still use analogue, I thought Denmark, where i live, was the last country to convert to Digital (1. november this year)

I completely understand why the developers say no. I is like asking Boeing to implement Propellers in all Jets, or asking Ford to implement equipment to secure that their cars could be Horse driven. Analogue is dead!

I need analog because i have some channels modulated to see them in all tv in my home. I have the sat-deco, one dvd and one multimedia hard-disk in a rack, each of this connected to a analog modulator and they are distributed by antenna cable to all TV plugs across my home. So, with only one sat deco, only one dvd and only one hard-disk, i can see sat channels, dvd or films in all TVs in my home.

I do not need analog for analog TV (i had digital TV channels), but I need it for modulated channels for distribution all over my home.

I think that there are digital modulators similar to analog modulators i use now, but digital modulators are very very expensives.

Edited by ii141c

It is not ver often this kind of installation is used, and in my opnion to much to ask the devolpers of DVBViewer to develop a solution to this. I think you are better off with MediaPortal who can handle mixed analogue and digital signals.

I ask developers of DVBViewer for this subject just because, as you say, there are other programms, like PowerCinema or MediaPortal, that do it.

My thought was that if worst programs do it, why not DVB, that is the best one.

I do not require or demand anything, I only suggest.

It seems that it is not so easy or that DVB developers do not consider the analog world.

So, I apologize again if I bothered somebody and I will try to find another program that covers all my needs.

Thank you

Edited by ii141c