Reinstalled OS - DVBViewer has some issues - help pls

BigJohn500

Reinstalled OS - DVBViewer has some issues - help pls

Hi to all and thanks for helping,

Previously I had DVBViewer installed on this computer and it was working well on all feeds I had tried. It was especially handy as it would decode and display 4:2:2 chroma feeds. I was very pleased.

I was forced by some issues unrelated to DVBViewer to wipe the hard drive reinstall the XPP.

This OS resides on a HP xw8200 workstation with twin Xeon 3.2Ghz processors and 2 gigs ram.

When it came time to reinstall the TBS 6920 S2 sat card and drivers, all went well.

When it came to reinstalling DVBViewer some issues have cropped up.

The actual installation of DVBViewer was without incident, I choose a standard installation plus choosing DVBViewer documentation; later when it asked what additional components it was to download, I was not sure what I had chosen the first time, but this time I choose the Postprocessor plugin, Transedit, the Transedit manual in english.

The completion of the installation was without incident.

Currently the following are displayed as DVBViewer components.

DVBViewer -> Help -> about -> Version info returns the following info.

DVBViewer Pro V4.2.1.0

DVBSource V3.4.3.0

VODSource V1.0.2.0

DVBServer V4.2.1.0

Import.CSV.dll V0.9.1.9

PostProcessor.dll V2.1.0.0

From the original installation of DVBViewer several months ago, I had previously saved the following files before performing the HDD wipe and OS reinstallation.

channels.dat, hardware.xml, setup.xml, userdata.xml, setup.bak, userdata.bak

After the reinstallation of DVBViewer, I replaced those files except the setup.xml and setup.bak.

Thought it might be better to allow it to achieve it's own setup.

When I started DVBViewer I noticed that all my familiar channels were where they were previously, but in Transedit, it was if it was a fresh install. All of the Sats on which I had changed parameters were back to original. Obviously, I didn't replace some files somewhere that Transedit uses for support.

The other operational issues I'm experiencing are as follows.

When I used DVBViewer to go to a familiar channel which I know is working due to it's concurrent reception on a DVB STB, the DVBViewer states the following error,

"Cannot render media file/output pin, error Ox80040218 no existing combination of filters to render..."

I have installed the following filters without any issues. I let them install into their default locations with default full installs. Core AVC, DviX, ffdshow, Elecard, and ac3filter. I have the latest Nvidia drivers for the 9400GT 500mb video card. Also yesterday I updated DirectX to the latest files for XPP.

All of the filters show up as available to DVBViewer in options -> DirectX, except Elecard.

Elecard is missing in DVBViewer, although it is available to the computer in the Start -> Program menu. Of course, I need to know how to get DVBViewer to recognize Elecard.

And I've tried all sorts of combinations of filters and mixers. All combos yield the same error message on the NBC and CBS feeds.

The two feeds in which I'm most interested are the NBC network mux on 105W, I believe it is MPEG4, HD, S2, h.264 4:2:0, and the other is the CBS network mux on 89W and 97W, it is MPEG4, HD, S2, h.264 4:2:2. DVBViewer will tune and play audio on the NBC mux after throwing the "error Ox80040218", but will not display any video. DVBViewer has displayed video on a couple of MPEG2 4:2:0 chroma channels, so I assume the error is something to do with MPEG4 or S2 or h.264. I know for a fact the TBS 6920 card is functional as it's included player 'BlazeTV'].

plays the NBC mux without any issues. BlazeTV won't play the CBS 4:2:2 mux as it doesn't seem to have 4:2:2 chroma capability. I think BlazeTV does render the audio on that channel.

So if someone will please take some time and help me I will be very grateful.

I have searched the various forums here without finding how to resolve this issues.

I wish there would have been a method to have saved an 'image' of the whole original DVBViewer installation and all of the needed support .ax files for situations like this. I know that would be difficult as the way in which DVBViewer interacts with DirectX and helper apps in quite complex.

I downloaded and tried the 'supporttool.exe', but all it would do was to say it needed to be in the DVBViewer folder. When I moved it to c:programs/DVBViewer folder, and clicked it, it threw the same message, put up a tall box with nothing in it. Does it need to be in a particular folder inside the DVBViewer folder? And I tried in in the othere folder inside 'Documents and Settings', same result.

Thanks so much, John

BTW, my 20 yo daughter is studying at Univ. of Aalborg in Denmark this semester, very close to your location. She has already taken a 'Field trip' to London on a long 5 day weekend, and has Cologne on her radar. After the semester is complete, my wife [her mother] is to fly to Paris and meet her for a short trip through several European cities. They have Paris, Rome, and Athens on the agenda.