• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Griga

• majstang

• mitsu

• TNT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had no problems with VRPlugin with 3.2.1. I have to go back to 3.2.1 because I really need VRPlugin. That is unfortunate because 3.2.3 seems to be far more stable with my Twinhan card.

Griga: would be so nice if you had time to fix this problem. Please :bye:

It didn't function in the 3.2.1, too. A modification of the VRP is necessary

Id did work with 3.2.1. I've checked it: DVBViewer Pro 3.2.3 does something chaotic on startup. First the VRP is enabled , then disabled again, for whatever reason :) not so easy to circumvent without killing the well-working communication with DVBViewer GE.

Work-around for the moment: After having launched DVBViewer Pro 3.2.3, perform "Rebuild Graph", which enables the VRPlugin again.

Yet another chapter of the long DVBViewer Pro/VRPlugin story, and I'm really fed up with it. :bye:

Actually I need to rebuild graph after each channel change

DVBV 3.2.3 unnessecarily disables the VRPlugin on each transponder change. It can be enabled by tuning the same channel again, or another channel from the same transponder.

However, I've found a work-around that seems to work (at least until the next DVBV Pro release :) ). Before uploading it I'll let the beta testers check it.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I have a minor problem and even I tried I did not manage to fix it myself - I use DVBV GE on AS2 and record (both DVBV Recorder and VR Plugin) into ts format. I can work with the recordings (demux etc.) but can't play them in TSPlayer - it was working for me up till some two three weeks ago but lately it only starts playing the audio and gives me the "MPEG TS/PS Player & Converter has encountered an error and needs to close..." message.

I suspect there is some problem in decoders but I am very careful with these (basically I do not install anything I would not test on a backup system) and lately I only installed the CyberLink PowerDVD 5 player and Womble MPEG Video Wizard - which I used to have also in my previous installation (and have on the backup system too) of W XP SP2 where the TS Player was working with no problems.

Do you please have any idea what to check?

Sorry, no idea.

Are there settings which prevent this error from occuring? Different decoders, different renderer?

Try to play a MPG or MP2 (audio) file with TSPlayer. Is the error related to TS/video only?

AFAIK the Cyberlink decoder from PowerDVD 5 insists on using the Overlay Mixer 2. It may cause strange effects when trying to use a different renderer, but I've never encountered that kind of message.

It does not originate from TSPlayer. Must be some component, that causes a severe error, so the only thing for Windows left to do is to close the whole app.

Ok, thanks for the hint... I usually do not use the Overlay Mixer, since sometimes it caused non fluent replay. Now I switched that on and voila - it works.

Apparently the simplest solutions come last - for me that is... :-)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'd use the decoder from PowerDVD 6. It's much better and more flexible.

You can get it from PowerDVD 6 trial. The decoder still works after the trial period has expired.

That sounds great, thank you!

Just one minor question - the mentioned BDA support in DVBV GE 1.7 means it will work with other DVB-T card brands too or just more instances of TS (or Twinhan) cards?

In any case it is excellent news, since I have been considering to add SS2 to my AS2 and if I get it right, the new version of DVBV GE should allow this, correct?

• 11 months later...

Thanks Griga i have tried projectx in the past. But with everything nearly disabled, it was still fixing some things.

I have a very old Dec dtt device that outputs .mpg files, it has no ts save option. It is not as good as the Nova-t bda devices. Though it serves as an extra tuner when it is occasionaly needed. It sometimes has video errors albeit not many or big ones. Then needing to edit the errors out, first needing to locate them in each mpg. For this task the files have to be in a ts format.

I am presently evaluating hdtvpump with it's tsconverter utility. So far it seems to do everything that is needed, looks ok by fixing anything in each ts file, i have convert so far.

I agree some information is always lost converting mpg to ts, i think it is the extra padding or other that is removed. Ts files having more of what is removed, making the ts format a more resiliant format. Which matbe why broadcasters use the ts format for broadcasting.

making the ts format a more resiliant format. Which matbe why broadcasters use the ts format for broadcasting.
..and that's why the "t" in ts stands for Transport :)

What you want is of no use. Afaik said Dec dtt card already drops the ts_packet_headers internally. There is no way to reconstruct the original ts_packets from mpeg PS. But only the original headers could tell you, where ts_packets have been dropped due to transmission errors. Try to fix the stream with excellent tools like pj.x

I tried with projectx, i could not get to turn of all its internal switches. It was still modifing the stream a little. Tsconverting that i'm using now is a good, the only program so far.

• 3 weeks later...

hello!

i'm using tsplayer to play a video services from prerecorded ts files (the whole transponder).

but tsplayer very offen cant see a video pid in some video services.

in different files, recorded from one transponder, tsplayer cant recognize different video services.

any ideas?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
- Added: Output with two or more audio streams (TS and MPG)

Works great :robot: thank you very much!

I hope my donation to Greenpeace is in your interest.

• 2 months later...

The Videorecorder Plugin has been updated to version 3.4.4.2 in the members area, plugins section.

There are only small adjustments in anticipation of changes in the DVBViewer channellist structure. People who still need this plugin are recommended to use the new version. 3.4.4.1 or earlier will not work correctly with future DVBViewer versions.

• 3 months later...

Bug TsPlayer: .TS files with teletext and AC3 audio

I do not manage to choose both a AC3 audio stream and show teletext at the same time. If I choose the teletext stream in TSPlayer I only get stereo sound. I can provide you with a clip from such a file if it is needed for testing. I use TsPlayer 1.8.3.

Im running firedtv-c with conax ci module and a subscription card with DVBViewer 3.9.0.0. But i havent managed to get the viderecorder plugin to record a channel when viewing another one. I choose a channel from the channels tab which should be channels from the same transponder.

If i try record in mpg format the recording won't start at all. But if i choose ts all seems fine. But when i open the recorded file with tsplayer it says "Cannot find valid video/audio streams"

I started to dig in this and recorded the channel i was viewing and another one from the same transponder as a ts stream.

Now i could open the file in ts player and saw that only the videotext was recorded from the channel i didn't watch.

But the channel i watched when recording was all fine in the ts file.

What is causing this problem?

Edited by Anders R
Now i could open the file in ts player and saw that only the videotext was recorded from the channel i didn't watch.

Videotext isn't encrypted, right? Seems only one channel can be decrypted at a time - maybe due to the Conax CA? Check it with DVBViewer Pro 3.9. Usually it is able to handle two or more recordings simultaneously resp. playback of a channel and recording of another channel from the same transponder without any plugin.

Seems only one channel can be decrypted at a time - maybe due to the Conax CA?

AFAIR multichannel descrambling has been abolished. It wasn't a big success after all.. ..so only one service/CI-module at a time.

Videotext isn't encrypted, right? Seems only one channel can be decrypted at a time - maybe due to the Conax CA? Check it with DVBViewer Pro 3.9. Usually it is able to handle two or more recordings simultaneously resp. playback of a channel and recording of another channel from the same transponder without any plugin.

Your right, videotext isn't encrypted. I tried without the plugin and only with DVBViewer and no luck there either.

The ci i have is this one. http://www.technisat.de/index55d8.html?nav...Module,de,68-32

In the pid dump you can see this for the channel im viewing.

x 4103 (0x1007) Video

and for the channel im not viewing

x 4102 (0x1006) ?$

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I save my recordings to a NAS drive attached via gigabit ethernet.

Cutting files with tsplayer from NAS to NAS only runs at very slow speed, i.e. it takes the real time length of the scene.

Cutting files from NAS to a local drive runs at normal speed.

Is that an intended behavior ? And is there a workaround ?

Actually the network bandwith should allow a speed many times as high.

Thx

Reis

Edited by reis
reading and writing to the same harddisc will always be slower than reading from one disc and writing to the other.

You were absolutely right.

I took the chance to test it with another gigabit pc, which boosted the performace up to 5 movie seconds per second.

It was the slow CPU in my NAS pc that resulted in such a poor performance (though it has gigabit).

Sorry for that!

EDIT: btw, i was talking about 1080-recordings from AnixeHD.

Edited by reis
  • 2 months later...

Is it normal that TSPlayer 1.9.0.1 doesn't recognize AC3 in a TS with stream type 0x081 ?

Same with DVBViewer GE (2.4.5). DVBViewer Pro (3.9.3.30) works ok. Either ac3 with 0x06 or 0x81 is accepted.

Edited by Derrick
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I am new to DVBViewer. The main reason for me to buy DVBViewer is the program accept command line interface. CLI may not be very useful to a lot of users but I think this feature is also a reason for many buyers of DVBViewer. I basically need CLI for interaction with my self-developed scripts and programs.

However, I am now stuck because I couldn't find a way to use scripts to transcode / convert the h264+ac3 .ts file that DVBViewer recorded to mp4 (either mpeg4 or h264 with aac). I searched here and on the Internet but with no luck. I then find this VRplugin and hope that can work with DVBViewer Pro / GE, but I failed to use the plugin to record mpg. The mpg file recorded is always 0 byte size.

I am using the latest DVBViewer Pro / GE / and VRplugin. Does anybody have similar experience and help me?

Thanks a lot.

Barry