TSPlayer Feedback

Hi, firstly i would like to stay thanks for a great plugin. One issue I have with it and the latest 3.0 version of DVBViewer is that I am not able to disable the Video/Audio during schedule recordings, nor manually clicking on 'Audio' or 'Off'. I hope this can be fixed as soon as you can. Thanks again.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Griga

• majstang

• mitsu

• TNT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One issue I have with it and the latest 3.0 version of DVBViewer is that I am not able to disable the Video/Audio during schedule recordings, nor manually clicking on 'Audio' or 'Off'.

OK, to make a long story short:

- I asked the DVBViewer Head Programmer why it doesn't work anymore

- Was told the required function of the plugin interface is no longer supported by the DVBViewer 3.0

- Found a work-around for enabling it again, uploaded a new VRPlugin version

- A leading developer of the DVBViewer 3.0 issued a warning in the Deutsch forum, saying that the "egomaniac behaviour of the plugin" may compromise the stability of the DVBViewer 3.0, especially when using the OSD in the VMR modes.

- Removed the work-around and uploaded again.

Sorry, no better news - there is nothing I can do about it.

However, the recorder engine of the DVBViewer 3.0 should work as well as the VRPlugin, since I contributed the code to the 3.0 release. So you probably won't need the plugin anymore.

Hi,

I think i´ve found a small bug in the latest VRP Version, the "+additional audio" option doesn´t work as expected: If I tune to a channel like "Sat.1 (ac3)" or "ProSieben (ac3)" only the ac3 audio pid is selected, although "+additional audio" is checked. If I tune to "Sat.1 (deu)" or "ProSieben (deu)", the mp3 and ac3 audio pids are selected properly. This happens with the latest VRP and DVBViewer 2.2 RC1, while the first VRP 3.0 Version works properly.

concerning the problem with disabling A/V via Plugins: It has already been fixed, but i will try to get some other things running before uploading an RC1.

Christian

Guest Lars_MQ
However, the recorder engine of the DVBViewer 3.0 should work as well as the VRPlugin, since I contributed the code to the 3.0 release. So you probably won't need the plugin anymore.

No, I think that's not true. The VRplugin is and will be important, because it can do a lot more things than the DVBViewer. It's the same code from griga of course, but for the "normal" user it would be too much to handle with all the detailed settings and possibilities if integrated directly into the DVBViewer. And having the advantage of being a plugin, it can be developed faster and explore new directions or concepts. That's not for shure not possible with the whole application :bounce:

I think i´ve found a small bug in the latest VRP Version, the "+additional audio" option doesn´t work as expected: If I tune to a channel like "Sat.1 (ac3)" or "ProSieben (ac3)" only the ac3 audio pid is selected, although "+additional audio" is checked.

it's true, using GE 1.1, i experienced the same

Hola,

Again some suggestions regarding to finnish subtitles. As The VRPlugin doesn't show the subtitle PIDs in the channel list, it would be nice to have a possibility to add a permanent custom PID value to each channel. If I use the custom PID field in the current version, I have to change it everytime I want to record a new channel with subtitles. Also I have to check the PID value from a paper, because I don't always remember the correct values. So a possibility to add a permanent PID value to each channel would be nice ;)

Well, as long as subtitle PIDs are not part of the DVBViewer's channellist, it's a diifficult thing...

However, there are two workarounds that you may try (applies to TS recording only).

1) If the channels don't provide videotext, or if you don't use it, replace the videotext PID by the subtitle PID. Tick the + Videotext checkbox to let the plugin record it by default. However, I don't know what happens when the DVBViewer tries to process the subtitle data as videotext... ;)

2) Create an additional category at the end of the DVBViewer's channellist. Fill it with duplicates of the channels that are broadcasting subtitles. Append "(sub)" to the names, separated by a blank, e.g.

ChannelXY (sub)

and replace the audio PIDs by subtitle PIDs, thus letting the VRPlugin display them as additional audio streams. Tick the + Additional Audio checkbox to let the plugin record it by default.

After that, close the DVBViewer and re-launch it, so that the VRPlugin can read the new entries.

You should never tune these channels, and never try to record them as MPG, of course. When recording TS the VRPlugin doesn't care wether an audio PID really belongs to audio packets or not. It just records the stuff, regardless of the content.

Thank you! Method 2 did exactly what I was looking for. Cool ;)

Any ideas how to extract those subtitles from the stream? I managed also to get the subtitles saved to ts stream like this, but projecx demux tool shows those subtitle PIDs as audio PIDs, and cannot demux the subtitles to subtitle file (SUB, SUP etc.)

Thank you! Method 2 did exactly what I was looking for. Cool ;)

Any ideas how to extract those subtitles from the stream? I managed also to get the subtitles saved to ts stream like this, but projecx demux tool shows those subtitle PIDs as audio PIDs, and cannot demux the subtitles to subtitle file (SUB, SUP etc.)

Well I also use ProjectX to extract the different parts of the stream. I don't remenber I changed any of the settings except the subtitle type to SUP. I just add the file and press Go and it works. It recognizes the subtitles with no problem. You should try different settings with ProjectX... Kyllä se siitä.

Well I also use ProjectX to extract the different parts of the stream.  I don't remenber I changed any of the settings except the subtitle type to SUP.  I just add the file and press Go and it works. It recognizes the subtitles with no problem.  You should try different settings with ProjectX... Kyllä se siitä.

Yes, I finally got it working! The problem was outdated version of ProjectX, with the newest version everything works. Thanks very much for the help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
hi

im new in here

idont know how to be able to download some files

thanks alot

Shouldn't you then have a look at the newbies section?

But well, you have to use your account data, which you received to install DVBViewer Pro, to log into the customer area.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, folks - the uploaded ZIP still contained the previous TSPlayer version. :D

I knew at least one mistake would happen, when updating the whole plugin stuff within a few days. Unfortunately I didn't know beforehand which one...

So, download again. Should be TSPlayer 1.6 now.

Hallo Griga, first of all thanks for all the SW you provide, most of it exactly suits my needs.

I have a little remark to the latest version of VR Plugin though: it certainly is fine to include more detailed information in the logfile but it has a very unpleasant consequence - in the previous versions when there were no stream errors in the recording the log file size was 44 kb. So at a glance you could see which recordings have stream errors without even opening it. Now, due to different sizes of the name of a broadcast the logfile sizes are random, which means that to see if there are any stream errors one has to open every single one of them. Is there a chance to make the shape of the logfile selectable somewhere in the settings? A radiobutton or checkbox fot choosing "simple" or "complex" logfile would be useful...

THX

TNT

Hallo Griga, first of all thanks for all the SW you provide, most of it exactly suits my needs.

I have a little remark to the latest version of VR Plugin though: it certainly is fine to include more detailed information in the logfile but it has a very unpleasant consequence - in the previous versions when there were no stream errors in the recording the log file size was 44 kb. So at a glance you could see which recordings have stream errors without even opening it. Now, due to different sizes of the name of a broadcast the logfile sizes are random, which means that to see if there are any stream errors one has to open every single one of them. Is there a chance to make the shape of the logfile selectable somewhere in the settings? A radiobutton or checkbox fot choosing "simple" or "complex" logfile would be useful...

THX

TNT

I can second to that, it would be really nic to turn including epg info off. I was used to check recordings by 44 bytes files as well. :)

I like both the 44 byte at-a-glance-quality-check and the additional info in the log-file.

So, how about adding something easily recognizable like "_STREAM_OK" to the end of the log-filename if there are no stream errors? That should make everyone happy. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like there is no possibility to record DVB subtitle stream (Thor Canal+ HD channel) with VRPlugin. That is very unfortunate because DVD subtitle recording seems not to be working with DVBViewer standard recording either. Am I missing something or is this really the case?

Other questions:

- Is it possible to start VRPlugin recording with standard settings without VRPlugin settings window popping up? (needed for remote control use)

- Would it be possible to add activation of teletext subtitles with right page number as default in a recording if selected in the original channel? This is of course a change to DVDViewer but anyway. Currently VRPlugin recording and DVBViewer playback is the only way of managing recordings with teletext subtitles, therefore this would be very useful. This is the only way of doing timeshifting as well

- For the same reason, would it be possible to see VRPlugin recordings in the OSD recording window (immediately after the recording is started)

Very many thanks for the excellent plugin.

Edited by mitsu
Seems like there is no possibility to record DVB subtitle stream (Thor Canal+ HD channel) with VRPlugin.

There is. Described in this thread. Sometimes reading before posting is quite useful. ;)

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...indpost&p=51103

Currently VRPlugin recording and DVBViewer playback is the only way of managing recordings with teletext subtitles,

TSPlayer does playback as well, DVBViewer GE does recording and playback even without VRPlugin.

Would it be possible to add activation of teletext subtitles with right page number as default in a recording

No. However, TSPlayer and DVBViewer GE provide a search function for subtitle pages, DVBViewer Pro probably will in future.

For the remaining questions, I recommend to read the manual

Ok. Are you proposing the sub PID duplicate channel entry trick? Another stupid question: how can I find the (finnish) DVB subtitle PID for the CMore HD channel?

KingOfSat or Satmania do not have any information of that new channel. DVB subtitle information are not on the listings anyway.

Believe me,I read that post already earlier but did not undestand how to do that in practise ;) Sorry for stupid questions.

I tried to show subtitles with TSPlayer using the instructions in the manual (changing DVBViewer video mixer to VMR7 and TSPlayer to overlay etc.) but the picture got jerky. I might have done something wrong.

Well, I can't receive channels with DVB subtitles, and no channels from Finland, so I can't help you, sorry.

Are you proposing the sub PID duplicate channel entry trick?

Seems to be working fine, so give it a try. Select the channel in the channellist window, go to the Edit Tab, replace the audio PID by the subtitle PID, rename the channel to ... (sub), click "Add". Repeat this for all channels with a known subtitle PID, but never tune them, close DVBViewer, launch it again, and the VRPlugin should display the subtitle PIDs as additional audio PIDs, so you can select them on the Channels Tab for recording.

but the picture got jerky

May depend on the video decoders selected in DVBViewer and TSPlayer.

Seems to be working fine, so give it a try. Select the channel in the channellist window, go to the Edit Tab, replace the audio PID by the subtitle PID, rename the channel to ... (sub), click "Add". Repeat this for all channels with a known subtitle PID, but never tune them, close DVBViewer, launch it again, and the VRPlugin should display the subtitle PIDs as additional audio PIDs, so you can select them on the Channels Tab for recording.

Hi. I followed these instructions and got subtitle PID as additional audio PID and selected it. But Tsplayer don't recognize this. It shows only video and audio (pic_1) and in record-folder there is only one file, .ts file.

post-15469-1125751426.png

post-15469-1125751440_thumb.png

Edited by Jukka

Same thing. Adding subtitle PID was successful, but DVBViewer does not recognise the subtitles and TSPlayer does not have any additional audio or subtitle visible. The finnish DV subtitle should be right. Taken from the following:

Name: 050903_103353 C MORE HD No program TS.dat

Size: 104 MB (109564734 bytes)

Date: 3. syyskuuta 2005 10:34:40 EEST

Type: DVB/MPEG2 TS (SID 0xCEA ,PMT 0x105)

Video: PID: 0x205

Audio: PID: 0x294(eng)

PID: 0x295(AC-3)(eng)_PD

Teletext:

Subpict.: PID: 0x259(swe_0x10_p1_a1 )

PID: 0x25A(dan_0x10_p1_a1 )

PID: 0x25B(nor_0x10_p1_a1 )

PID: 0x25C(fin_0x10_p1_a1 )

est. Playtime:

where Finnish DBV subtitle PID 0x25C = 604

and in record-folder there is only one file, .ts file.

The subtitle stream should be included in the TS file. Different stream types can be mixed in one TS file.

and TSPlayer does not have any additional audio or subtitle visible.

TSPlayer doesn't handle DVB subtitles, only an additional teletext stream, that may contain teletext subtitles. AFAIK DVBViewer Pro provides DVB subtitle handling, but I have no experience concerning this matter. I can't receive DVB subtitles, and I can't test it. Everything I know about it is from this thread.

Same thing. Adding subtitle PID was successful, but DVBViewer does not recognise the subtitles and TSPlayer does not have any additional audio or subtitle visible. The finnish DV subtitle should be right. Taken from the following:

Name: 050903_103353 C MORE HD No program TS.dat

Size: 104 MB (109564734 bytes)

Date: 3. syyskuuta 2005 10:34:40 EEST

Type: DVB/MPEG2 TS (SID 0xCEA ,PMT 0x105)

Video: PID: 0x205

Audio: PID: 0x294(eng)

PID: 0x295(AC-3)(eng)_PD

Teletext:

Subpict.: PID: 0x259(swe_0x10_p1_a1 )

PID: 0x25A(dan_0x10_p1_a1 )

PID: 0x25B(nor_0x10_p1_a1 )

PID: 0x25C(fin_0x10_p1_a1 )

est. Playtime:

where Finnish DBV subtitle PID 0x25C = 604

Well assuming from the file name 'No program' you did record that sample during a demo "loop", right? Altough the pids are there during the demo, there aren't no actual data.

I recorded Lord of the Rings ROTK from C more HD with VRPlugin and added 604 as an additonal PID and I do get the DVB subtitles in the stream.

And at least VLC player are showing the finnish DVB subtitles.

Right, I did record the demo loop. However, ProjectX info is the same when

recording real program with real DVB subtitles. Obviously the 604 subtitle PID is

in the recorded stream. Only problem is that DVBViewer does not recognise the

recorded subtitles for some reason. Would be nice if Herr Hackbart commented

that.

Currently the only way to get teletext subitles working in timeshift in my system is to start recording with VRPlugin and then immediately start watching the recording with DVBViewer. That works but is a little bit complicated with remote. Is there any easier way to do the same thing? There seems not to be a way to get DVBViewer to use VRPlugin in timeshifting.

In the new 3.2.3 if I select Videorecorder for recording in the DVBViewer recording options, recording does not start either from the DVBViewer recording button or from the VRPlugin. Actually the VRPlugin start button is "grey" and not selectable. Recording without VRplugin is working OK.