"NOT including words" search

Barleyman

Could we get "Not included" function in the search EPG? Pretty please? :blush:

Right now there is no way to define I want to record a program that does NOT match some given keywords. This would be hugely useful for avoiding reruns, etc.

Possibly the regexp search could do it somehow but the wiki link for regexp reference example is dead to start with.. After some searching I didn't locate much in the regexp reference pages which would provide "not" functionality. It should be fairly trivial to program additional search loop to exclude search results which match your "not" keyword list, thought.

Thanks for the tip. I think I looked at that some time ago on something entirely different not related to rec service.

In any case I think the "not including words" search item would be core functionality and it shouldn't be let to the users to figure out some obscure use of regexp. As I suggested before, it should be relatively easy to code such "negative search" parameter just by making a second search on matches from the 1st search and excluding hits.

Yeah, it's been stated not all channels support it and so forth and so on but it'd be nice to have for many people whos provider does include "uusinta" or something like that on EPG..