HDHomeRun?

boborg

you know what? why don't you just start the DVBViewer via Start -> Programs -> DVBViewer program group -> support -> DVBViewer (debug mode) and try to scan some channels. Then you post a support.zip and we'll see if we can make sense of it. :bye:

<section name="@device:pnp:">

OK this can not work. The BDA tuner filter can not be located with this information. The question is, how can this device be identified... I'll do some research.

Hi again,

No messages when scanning in Transedit but no channels are found. It's DVB-T and DVB-C tuners by the way. I'm testing DVB-T. I'm just testing it for a product review so I just thought I would test if it worked in DVBViewer. Seems interesting with dual tuners but no worries if it does not work :P

They seem to add support for lots of players. In the setup I can choose from GB-PVR, Mediaportal and many more. So maybe SilliconDust can add support for DVBViewer?

HDHomerun_install2.jpg

Edited by boborg
It's DVB-T and DVB-C tuners by the way.

Hmm,TransEdit detects two DVB-T tuners... according to the Silicondust PDF the detected type may depend on how it is configured by the user. What did you try to receive? DVB-T, DVB-C or both? Of course TransEdit doesn't find anything if you try to receive DVB-C with a DVB-T tuner. However, the hardware settings allow to change the tuner type. Dunno if it does the trick in this case... :P

Is it a DVB-C/T hybrid tuner (which means, only one of the tuners can be used at a time), or a dual tuner device?

Please try select "Use standard Interface" in the Transedit Hardware settings.

...and also try the second tuner by setting the status of the first one to "Don't use".

@Lars: I suspect the tuner filter exposes two demodulator nodes, and TransEdit/DVBViewer only find the first one...

well at least Transedit finds something. :blink: I found the problem in the pro and I suspect this is also the cause it doesn't find the correct node...

@boborg

If you are willing to run some fast tests with a modified transedit test version, we should be hopefully able to fix this. :P

@Griga it is dual tuner and both tuners are DVB-C/T hybrid tuners.

Use standard Interface did not help finding the DVB-T channels.

I could run some tests if you want.

This is a special transedit version, modified to (hopefully) detect and open the HDHomeRun device. it does scan but thats all nothing fancy, it's just to check if the device is responding.

You can simply put it into the DVBViewer program folder and start it. Do a hardware search and make sure the direct tuning setting for the device is OFF.

It does log several additional things in the BDADevice handling code, so even if it doesn't work, the created debug.log will be helpfull.

Thank you for your help. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know. I still have the HDHomeRun should you wish to make some further tests.

I also have contact details if you perhaps would like to try to get hold of a sample of this device yourselves for testing with DVBViewer.

Did you consider the following?

The BDA driver consists of a single Direct Show filter. The Direct Show filter is registered both as

a "BDA Source Filter" (KSCATEGORY_BDA_NETWORK_TUNER) and as a "BDA Receiver

Component" (KSCATEGORY_BDA_RECEIVER_COMPONENT) for compatibility. Only one instance

should be used (typically KSCATEGORY_BDA_NETWORK_TUNER).

Quite unusual... and I wonder if the HW PID filter must be set in order to get data.

I think so. As far as I understood the pdf, you can't use direct tuning, you have to use the normal tuning spaces (means deactivating direct tuning). Maybe you can activate some settings in the installer program of the hdhomerun? I think I saw an options titled DVB-t and dvb-c (or something like this) when I tried it...

• 1 month later...

What is the outcome of all this? Does one of the betas work with HDHomerun now ?

I have a HDHOmerun and do consider purchasing DVBViewer, but I read in the Beta that its not supported.

TransEdit finds 210 channels, so i know that work, and its able to get info from the DVB-C tuner.

Is there any one here who has tried if they could get HDHomerun working with DVBViewer ?

I get 210 channels with TransEdit, so shouldn´t it work in DVBViewer too ?

I've just tested under Windows XP and no problems tuning or watching channels. Why I cannot scan anything on Vista or Windows 7 I don't know. So I can confirm that WinXP + HDHomeRun and DVBViewer works.

I'm interested to hear if it is just me with the Vista / Windows 7 problem.

Edited by boborg
I've just tested under Windows XP and no problems tuning or watching channels. Why I cannot scan anything on Vista or Windows 7 I don't know. So I can confirm that WinXP + HDHomeRun and DVBViewer works.

I'm interested to hear if it is just me with the Vista / Windows 7 problem.

And to others that needs to know if HDHomerun and DVBViewer works together, yes it does.

Thanks Bo for testing it. I can confirm too that it work. I know other than me are looking for an answer.

Hi,

I've just brought a HD Homerun - got it up running, and it found all the expected channels - OK, now it's possible to view TV from my (XP) PC.

My goal is also to be possible to record some TV... for this purpose I brougth DVBViewer (I saw in this tread is possible for them to work together).....

- but after installation of DVBViewer, I cant figure out how to use the tuners from the HD Homerun. ?

If I look in the Settings - Hardware, both the tuners are present - means the software has detected them.

From the DVBViewer's channellist I only have "Astra 19,2", "Hot Bird 13.0" and "Astra/Eurobird28.2" - but I don't figure out how to add the tuners from the HD Homerun (?)

Any suggestions will be welcome ....

Hey Rene,

Thanks for a quick answer - unfortunally I don't quite understand it o:)

First I'm also using Stofa as provider - so my set up should be similar to yours.

You talking about a transponder file (Cable.ini)....(?)

Where do I have to define this ?

I'm only seeing something about "Transponder list" if I open "Scan channels", chose "Reception Type" = "Cabel", and select "Transponder list" - here I get a dropdown list containing several "Kabel" entries (QAM 4, QAM 16, QAM 32, QAM 64, QAM 128, QAM 256 - what does these mean?, some similar values was present when configuring the HD Homrun DVB)

I'm not figuring out how to change device to the "HD Homrun" - when doing as descriped above, DVBViewer don't show any device in the bottom of window, I only see the "HD Homerun" in Settings - Hardware, where both the tuners are present - my guess is the software has detected them, but DVBViewer (only?) has to be configured to use them...

You talking about a transponder file (Cable.ini)....(?)

Where do I have to define this ?

I'm only seeing something about "Transponder list" if I open "Scan channels", chose "Reception Type" = "Cabel", and select "Transponder list" - here I get a dropdown list containing several "Kabel" entries (QAM 4, QAM 16, QAM 32, QAM 64, QAM 128, QAM 256 - what does these mean?, some similar values was present when configuring the HD Homrun DVB)

I'm not figuring out how to change device to the "HD Homrun" - when doing as descriped above, DVBViewer don't show any device in the bottom of window, I only see the "HD Homerun" in Settings - Hardware, where both the tuners are present - my guess is the software has detected them, but DVBViewer (only?) has to be configured to use them...

Sorry my bad, i just figured out i took a transponder file from somewhere else and used that.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\Transponders\DVBC_den_Stofa.ini

DVBC_den_Stofa.ini

Choosing that file and tunertype Kabel and you should be able to scan all channels.

Btw. we are talking about the Beta of DVBViewer right ? The release can´t access the hardware. Only Beta 4.3.1.60 can.

write a pm if you want a direkt MSN session. I got TeamViewer so i can help you out if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just had a check after installing latest firmware. It now seems to work if you set application in HDHomerun setup to Other DVB-T/DVB-C

Edited by boborg

That sounds great, however I still can’t get it to work.

If you have the time could you please take me through your installation and setup of DVBViewer. Are you installing anything else than DVBViewer 4.2.1 and the hdhr software? When I go through the setup it finds the tuners but it will only scan for 1-3 seconds then it stops. If I go and scan after finishing the setup it will scan but it finds no channels.

That sounds great, however I still can’t get it to work.

If you have the time could you please take me through your installation and setup of DVBViewer. Are you installing anything else than DVBViewer 4.2.1 and the hdhr software? When I go through the setup it finds the tuners but it will only scan for 1-3 seconds then it stops. If I go and scan after finishing the setup it will scan but it finds no channels.

hi as i wrote in another post, you need to use the beta software to be able to access the HDHR tuner. Current version im using is 4.3.1.90 (beta)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi.

The final version of DVBViewer isnt compatible with HDHomeRun, only the Beta version is.

But the beta version runs out the 30th of April according to the download site.

Do you have any plans of releasing a new version of DVBViewer for us registred users which is compatible with HDHomeRun in the near future ?

Best Regards

Peter