Skin's Poll

Guest hackbart

Do you prefer the windows style, or is a skin indispensable?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the windows style, or is a skin indispensable?

• I prefer the Windows Style with XP Buttons
    • I prefer the Windows Style with 9x Buttons
    • I prefer the Skins
    • I don't like skins ;)

Guest hackbart

Yes the reason for this poll is to find out if you want to use skins or if you (like me) prefer a simple fast windows based frame instead.

Christian

...I voted "Windows Style with XP Buttons" only because there is not much choice (except the various "color variances" by Technofrend...

I tried with the actual Skin Editor Package on a Win98 PC but it crash suddenly; now I have a XP PC but the SEP is old... so maybe with an updated SEP (if there will be one, as Christian said) someone will be stimulated to create some new skin (also I?)...

Cheers

Gioxy

Guest hackbart

Yes you are right, there a no much choices. This is why i started the poll - mainly to figure out how many people really want a skinned DVBViewer.

I know this feature is a selling argument, but anyhow even if the skin uses alphablending effects and you can do powerful effects with, i personally prefer the good old windows style - sometimes i use a luna skin which is looking like MacOSX (in my opinion the most stylish OS ever).

Christian

I voted for skins of course. The reason why I don't make new skins from scratch is, that the default skin has everything that I need: Its slim, nice, has whatever color I want, has all the buttons I need.

>how many people really want a skinned DVBViewer

please don't remove the skinability in order to make the program more streamlined.

>Skin Editor Package on a Win98 PC but it crash suddenly

Same over here. But actually you don't need this progam at all.

I can't use it and I don't want to use it.

Guest hackbart

nah, dont panic :wub: I don't want to remove the skins - i just thought about creating a few more. For example DVBPortal has a few more and also beautiful skins on his website..

Christian

Guest DAvenger

I think DVBPortal's skins are rip off of a couple of BSPlayer skins. I would prefer to have both graphical skins as well as Win32 skins. (at least that's what we plan for RL)

• 2 weeks later...