Skystar 2 hd codec Win 7 and continous freeze

dott.cunchelli

Hi @ all

i'm Andrea from Italy and recently i have bought Technisat Skystar 2 HD and i decided to install and buy DVBViewer.

When i see canal progam i have continous freeze and delay audio/video. Sincerely i don't understand because i have a medium PC and a lot of codec...what's the problem?I try codec pure video, elecard, maincopncept, ffdshow arcsoft and more. I tried a DVD Visualization ( Lord of the ring ) and vision is perfect... Where i am wrong?

My pc is enough?!

PC : AMD Athlon X2 6000@3,4 Ghz, Asus M2N-SLI, 4 GB Trascend DDR2 PC6400 dual channel, HD SATA2, Maxtor 500GB 32MB, HD USB Maxtor 500GB, ZOTAC NVIDIA 9600GT 512MB, DVD-RW LG GH22LP20 Lightscribe , Scheda TV Technisat Skystar 2 HD, ALIM 500W (+5v:40A, +12:18A),Monitor Benq T2200HDA@1920x1080,Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Here a little video where see the problem...actually i use this combination codec : FFDSHOW for SD and MAINCONCEPT for HD with EVR rendering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ldsxc9emPI

The quality really sucks o:)... with other codec the quality is very very bad...more freeze and delay

Tnx for your reply!!!

Andrea

P.s. here a support.zip for more info

support.zip

Edited by dott.cunchelli

Try the latest nvidia drivers 195.55 beta version and update DirectX using

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

I too have Skystar HD2 and Nvidia 9500GT, everything works perfect, half day watching HD and SD no freeze at all.

Plus your technisat driver is old, update to 1.3 version from www.technisat.com.

Edited by tomas.jurksas

I too have Skystar HD2 and Nvidia 9500GT, everything works perfect, half day watching HD and SD no freeze at all.

Plus your technisat driver is old, update to 1.3 version from www.technisat.com.

tnx for reply!!!!!!!

the problem is windows 7 . 7 use dx10 and here are an upgrade for 9.0c.... anyway i will upgrade nvida driver tonight!

for driver now i have 1.1.1.502....

say something in a few minutes!!!!

I have update all (technisat driver, nvidia driver and dx sdk) but problem still remain

Here is another video...24 second @ 720x576

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItGc08To3ds

Any idea? o:):):P

I have update all (technisat driver, nvidia driver and dx sdk) but problem still remain

Here is another video...24 second @ 720x576

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItGc08To3ds

Any idea? o:):):P

Haven't seen your video, but how is it with your signal?

Even if you have at perfect signal into your TV or settopbox, it could be problematic for a PC Tuner.

I have this problem: TV is perfect, but Picture in DVBViewer was poor, but it got a lot better after i walked the roof with a Notebook with a FireDTV directly connected to the Sat Dish. The Dish needs a very precise adjustment. In my case 5 mm was the difference between succes and failure

It is not perfect here yet, but i am working on it

Haven't seen your video, but how is it with your signal?

Even if you have at perfect signal into your TV or settopbox, it could be problematic for a PC Tuner.

I have this problem: TV is perfect, but Picture in DVBViewer was poor, but it got a lot better after i walked the roof with a Notebook with a FireDTV directly connected to the Sat Dish. The Dish needs a very precise adjustment. In my case 5 mm was the difference between succes and failure

It is not perfect here yet, but i am working on it

I have 73% Level and 98% quality.... is a good signal, or is too poor?!

hi

i have 9600gt with 191.3 driver and skystar hd2 with latest driver on win7 64bit

my system is intel q6600/4GB ram though.

i use cyberlink pdvd 9 for sd channels and microsoft dtv for HD channels. with EVR custom (using beta version).

but never get anything from your description. the video is clear on sd & hd channels.

does this happen on all channels, i mean fta (free channels) channels too?

if so i recommend you to format ur pc and install only the codec you need with latest driver.

klite full with pdvd9 will run everything u need..

good luck.

Edited by stan300
hi

i have 9600gt with 191.3 driver and skystar hd2 with latest driver on win7 64bit

my system is intel q6600/4GB ram though.

i use cyberlink pdvd 9 for sd channels and microsoft dtv for HD channels. with EVR custom (using beta version).

but never get anything from your description. the video is clear on sd & hd channels.

does this happen on all channels, i mean fta (free channels) channels too?

if so i recommend you to format ur pc and install only the codec you need with latest driver.

klite full with pdvd9 will run everything u need..

good luck.

tnx for your post!!! i try to install pdvd9 but with pdvd9 codec the result is bad...more freeze! the freeze happen in fta....

Sincerely at this point i don't have any idea....the os is from a fresh install...

tnx again!

tnx for reply!!!!!!!

the problem is windows 7 . 7 use dx10 and here are an upgrade for 9.0c.... anyway i will upgrade nvida driver tonight!

for driver now i have 1.1.1.502....

say something in a few minutes!!!!

It's not update for 9.0c its update for all directx, try and will see. And put your video in another place because link dont work for us.

Edited by tomas.jurksas
It's not update for 9.0c its update for all directx, try and will see. or you can download from ######

its about 103Mb. And put your video in another place because link dont work for us.

if you click you don't see video on youtube?

My configuration is:

INTER-TECH HTPC-2008V Desktop

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H

Phenom X3 2.1 GHz.

4Gb. RAM

Nvidia MSI 9500GT 512 Silent

SkyStar HD2

Pinnacle DVB-T

HDD SATA2 500Gb+1Tb.

Fortron Blue Strom II 400W

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

DVBViewer 4.3.1.30 beta

H.264 Microsoft DTV-DVD

MPEG2 Microsoft DTV-DVD

Custom EVR Render

Audio:

MP2-ffdshow

MP3-ffdshow

AC3-ffdshow

AAC-System Default

Latest drivers, latest BIOS

Nvidia 195.55

DirectX update from MS

Windows 7: (turned off UAC,Windows Search, drive indexing,Page file size set to 0)

HTPC connected to Panasonic Plazma 42" with HDMI

HD chanels DVBViewer CPU load ~2-6%

Edited by tomas.jurksas

First of all tnx everyboby for your precious support but this morning i decide to buy another motherboard (i bought asus m4a785d-m pro) and with new install of windows 7 the situation is ok.

For me my old MB is too old and have more incompatibilities with ss2 hd

With DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 and nvidia decoder the visualization is ok!!!

tnx again guys!

Try to reinstall DVBViewer. I had the same problem (freeze of picture and sound). I have tried everything (new driver for GPU, another codecs...). Finaly i have reinstall DVBViewer and its running ok again. Dont know why.Try this

Try to reinstall DVBViewer. I had the same problem (freeze of picture and sound). I have tried everything (new driver for GPU, another codecs...). Finaly i have reinstall DVBViewer and its running ok again. Dont know why.Try this

i don't have any problem now....it's all ok o:)

First of all tnx everyboby for your precious support but this morning i decide to buy another motherboard (i bought asus m4a785d-m pro) and with new install of windows 7 the situation is ok.

For me my old MB is too old and have more incompatibilities with ss2 hd

With DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 and nvidia decoder the visualization is ok!!!

tnx again guys!

Can you try to to one thing ? Watch in BIOS where is an option AMD C1E and the state isanabled or disabled ? When I enable it the picture freezes too. Can you try to do it and write here, it's very interesting is it a bug of motherboards or somthing else, because I read one article, fragment: Also bear in mind that, while the MSI board offers C1E support as a BIOS option, the feature doesn’t seem to be working properly right now. Enabled, it’d cause the screen on two different TVs to shake at random intervals. Disable C1E and you should be fine.