Unicode EPG import using COM

Delphi

From another thread about HTTP interface:

If you consistently save the whole stuff as unicode and set the charset = 255 it will should work...

I tried this with the Pro version of DVBViewer: Any strings containing Danish characters æøå was compleatly ignored.

Then I tried the 4.3.1.45 beta: æøå was displayed as chinese characters (at least I think it is :bye:)

Unfortunatly this cannot be tested with the current official version of Xepg since I found a bug in that one. Setting Charset to OEM_CHARSET, which should be 255 actually set it to 16 (Index in ComboBox). Forgot to look up the real value in an array o:)

If you or anyone else want to test you can download a newer version here:

http://www.a123.dk/forum/setupxepg.exe

Be sure to have the following settings:

XMLTV Job Editor: Charset: Use OEM_CHARSET

Options -> Technical -> Uncheck "Import as ANSI into Recording Service" If you want to test UTF-8 import.

Options -> Technical -> Check "Flag XML Import into DVBViewer as UTF-16"

You will se some new controls. You can play around with them, but this stuff is under construction and will have no effect.

Edited by Delphi

Great o:)

It would be really nice to remove all these options about Charset and encoding. Well, maybe I should leave them for a while and publish a test version when the next DVBViewer beta is out.