Web Interface

Hi,

Could anyone give a little help with setting up Web Interface 1.5.0, I'm getting frustrated as I seem to be getting nowhere.

I've installed VCL and the Web Interface as per instructions and have managed to get all working (I can login and start DVBViewer ok) , where I get stuck is when I want to stream the program. 1st problem was I got a message on the viewer page after pressing the play button saying "libvlccore.dll" could not be found. I found this manually in the ...VideoLAN/VLC directory and after copying to the DVBViewer folder the error message stopped, all good so far but when I view I get "VLC Server is now streaming media." the player window open and goes through "connecting" to "Ready" but only displays a black screen.

Things I've tried

Turn off fire wall

Played around with streaming config window option (turned on/off active video transcoding).

tried playing in WMP and VCL

Opening web interface on laptop connected to network, same result.

Not sure if the original problem has something to do with this as theres no mention in instructions of having to copy "libvlccore.dll"

any guideance would be most appreciated

Using

DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1

Web Interface 1.5.0

VLC 1.0.3 installed

DirectX V11

O.S. Vista x64 SP2

3Gb Ram

1.5Tb HD

2 x opteron CPU's

• 1 month later...

I'm using it with VLC 0.86, newer versions are not working i've heard. That version should be downloadable from this forum somewhere.. i'll see if i can find a link for you.

If you get over that hurdle its working really great! Watching full quality tv in web on Ubuntu linux!

here it is

http://www.filehippo.com/download_vlc/1958/

Edited by Nemesis944