Radar Images for OSD Weather

Kiwi_Tim

Hello from New Zealand.

I'm running DVBViewer Pro V4.2.1.0, which I am very pleased with. One thing that I don't seem to be able to get to work is the radar image in the OSD Weather.

Does the radar image have to be in a specific format to enable DVBViewer to read it?

Below is the image I wish to use:

http://www.metservice.co.nz/national/maps-...llington-latest

When I put this into DVBViewer I get nothing when I select Radar Image in Weather OSD, just a black screen.

Could someone please give me the web address of a radar image that is known to work (any location) so I can test it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tim

New zealand

Thats ok, I'll make do with it at the current size.

I thought there might be away to input the size and location of the image on the screen.

Thanks again for your advice.

Tim

New Zealand

This inspired me to set up the weather for my area (Bristol, England) but I can't get it to work!

I selected the Weather option, entered my city and found a nice radar image but when I try to select it from the HTPC menu I get nothing. I made sure it was selected in 'OSD Menu' and it was/is so I'm stumped!

The strange thing is that I set it up on another computer here and it worked.

Any ideas of what else might be affecting it?

Thanks,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Did you see Starmans first reply to me where he explains that you must right click on the radar image, then select properties to get the web address of the radar image file (not the entire webpage's address). This worked for me.

I hope this helps.

Tim

New Zealand

I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it but mine isn't updating either. The actual web page updates every 14-16 minutes with a new image, but DVBViewer never updates, even when I click refresh which is supposed to manually update....I think? I have autoupdate ticked also. What exactly does autoupdate mean? What is the update frequency? Anyone have any ideas? BTW I am running 4.3.1.45 Beta, but I tried it in 4.2.1 and its the same behaviour.

Did you see Starmans first reply to me where he explains that you must right click on the radar image, then select properties to get the web address of the radar image file (not the entire webpage's address). This worked for me.

Thanks for the suggestion Tim but I'm not seeing the weather page (in DVBv) at all. I click the tab in the HTPC menu and nothing happens.

It's a fresh installation on Windows 7 HP but so is my HTPC so something strange has happened to my workstation version.

Edited by SimonP
Thanks for the suggestion Tim but I'm not seeing the weather page (in DVBv) at all. I click the tab in the HTPC menu and nothing happens.

It's a fresh installation on Windows 7 HP but so is my HTPC so something strange has happened to my workstation version.

Hi, you must download the Weatherimages from the DVBV-Homepage and install all in your DVBV-Installationdirectory, from this moment on you can use the "Weather" in the OSD of DVBV.

PeterF

Hi, you must download the Weatherimages from the DVBV-Homepage and install all in your DVBV-Installationdirectory, from this moment on you can use the "Weather" in the OSD of DVBV.

Kicks self really hard - thank you Peter, it was as simple as that!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Is there any way to resize radar image in DVBViewer? At this moment my radar image looks like this:

alknxw.jpg

But it would look nicer if the picture is little smaller.

Edited by tpaasiala