Pls help me with osd [en] I need help with OSD skinner

Georges Valch

Im working at an OSD skin and I want to put a signall strenght metter (like in sysinfo progressbar) on MyMiniEPG window. Someone could help me pls? Because when I try to reproduce that one I have no color. Thank you and sorry because I dont speak german.

Hi! No, this is not possible! Try to find and download the program "dvbvspy.exe" and click on "GetTags", then you will see all global variables that are available by default on specific OSD pages. Other information is available only in the page where they are intended to be displayed. E.g. in "mysysinfo.xml" the progress control with the ID 52 and and a label with the ID 51 will be filled with the information you need. On other pages different control IDs may be filled with different information. This depends on the context of the page.

Thank you, SnoopyDog. I thought that noone will answer me but finally u do it o:) . Well, if its how u said and Im sure it is, thats very frustrating... but thats it. At least pls tell me how I could launch mySisinfo.xml page not from osd menu but pressing a button on my remote? Thx again man, have a nice day.

Some time ago I wrote a small plugin, it exports such variables:

# Miniepgvars.SignalStrength - signal level (updated every 1 sec);

# Miniepgvars.SignalQuality - quality (updated every 1 sec);

# Miniepgvars.HDlogo - possible values: HD_1080p_Video.png, HD_1080i_Video.png, HD_720p_Video.png;

# Miniepgvars.Channel_Root ;

# Miniepgvars.Channel_Category;

# Miniepgvars.Sat_Position - position of the satellite;

# Miniepgvars.Transponder.Frequency, # Miniepgvars.Transponder.Polarity, # Miniepgvars.Transponder.Smbolrate - frequency, polarization, symbol rate of the current transponder;

Limitations:

# Miniepgvars.SignalStrength, # Miniepgvars.SignalQuality obtained for the first found hardware (DVB File Device, PTV Network Device, Unicast Network Device, Multicast Network Device excluded, when installed more than two cards may not correctly receive data. Unfortunately I do not know other way).

I understand that this is not the most elegant way but it works o:)

Edited by evgen_ln

# Miniepgvars.HDlogo - possible values: HD_1080p_Video.png, HD_1080i_Video.png, HD_720p_Video.png;

# Miniepgvars.Transponder.Frequency, # Miniepgvars.Transponder.Polarity, # Miniepgvars.Transponder.Smbolrate - frequency, polarization, symbol rate of the current transponder;

Limitations:

# Miniepgvars.SignalStrength, # Miniepgvars.SignalQuality obtained for the first found hardware (DVB File Device, PTV Network Device, Unicast Network Device, Multicast Network Device excluded, when installed more than two cards may not correctly receive data. Unfortunately I do not know other way).

Thank you evgen_ln, your plugin was exactly what I need it for my skin. I dont plan to use DVBViewer with more than a card so ur app works gr8. thx again man.

Limitations:

Hello evgen_ln,

and why did you hide this gem for so long ? B)

Do you want to release the sources ? Public or by PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello evgen_ln,

is it correct, that you plugin blocks the DVBViewerServer for other applications?

Can you correct or fixe that?

I try to run a command-line skript wich try to read things from the DVBViewerServer.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
On 12/18/2009 at 12:24 AM, evgen_ln said:

Sorry, I can't correct the previous post, so correctly link

Please resend the link source of Miniepgvars plugin.