DVBViewer as TV module for other media center sw

feucar

Hi all, I think that DVBViewer is one of the better live tv program i know. I'm using it since 3 years ago and i've updated my configuration with recording service. It is so stable that i removed all antenna cable from my home tv and since 1 year ago we use only streaming either with DVB-T and DVB-S (FTA) sources. We are happy and TV are used either by my young children without problems.

I'm sorry but i don't like how DVBViewer manage "static" contents like music, movies, picture, news and so on. Actually for this material i'm using the old (but very flexible) meedio sw (it's configured to launch DVBViewer when i select "tv" function and i use girder to manage remote input and send them to the correct program).

I tested either xbmc and mediaportal sw but i think that DVBViewer is better for live tv.

So my idea: using DVBViewer core to build "live tv" module for xbmc or mediaportal (i don't like a lot its tv module and it have a server module heavy and hard to mantain and manage).

Thanks for your kind attention.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

great idea...

tuning and signal handling by DVBViewer in background

interface by Win 7MC (also working audio files, photos, IPTV, add-on apps, fully working MHEG etc)..

Would need to consider how 7MC could accept "technical lead" from DVBViewer - codecs, image control, audio control, TS files, etc, etc