FFDshow destroyed my setup - no picture

Stevieg_73

HI

I really need some support here. I´m using version 4.2.1 and have Cyberlink and Nvidia decoders installed but wasn´t satisfied with the deinterlacing so installed CCCP codecs and started experimenting with FFDshow (deinterlacing, resizing and BR & NR tabs). I got all worked up and tweaked for the best but output when all of a sudden the picture goes black in DVBV (i have sound, EPG and everythin).

What i did was changing the screenresolution from 1920 x 1080 - 30Hz to 1360 x 768 - 50Hz (my LCD native) as i wanted to try resizing this resolution to 1080i and had DVBV running. After that all got black and i now i cant get a picture with any of my codecs. I finallay did manage to get a picture after modifing my DVBV and uninstalled CCP codec & using default renderer but that don´t give me alot of options.

If i change something the picture goes black and i have to select "default renderer" and press rebuild grafic ... to get a picture.

I can imagine that something is mixed up in my register or something but i don´t know where to lock.

My setup is

MOBO - ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO (IGP Radeon 4200)

AMD Phenom II 550 BE 3.1 Ghz

DVBV V.4.2.1

Hmmmm. Now it seems to be ok which feels rather strange as the filtergraph looks exactly the same as i it did when i didn´t work and the only thin i have done is pressed register on overlay and overlay 2 in radfilter manager....

Maybe i was abit to hasty. After closing DVBV and started it again the same error occurs - no picture in overlat but with system default. Att. is the files of that

EDIT - This fault only occurs if i start DVBV in window mode. When i change to full size and after that choose overlay mode it works perfectly, any ideas ???

support.zip

Edited by Stevieg_73

Hmmm. After some more testing it doen´t matter if it is windoe/fullscreen mode. If a switch from Picture setting A to B or vice versa it seems to work. But i must say that my system is a bit unstable as it crashes alot and sometimes this feature doesn´t help either but if a start a movie in VLC and then starts DVBV it works.

There has to be some problems with the filter not reseting and start over in DVBV ....

Its not that easy exactly pinpointing your problem, but you could start troubleshooting one step at the time and then check the result.

1. Remove all decoders (arcsoft and both versions of PowerDVD) and do a reinstall of lets say only PowerDVD 8. There could be conflicts especially if you run two Cyberlink versions (PowerDVD 7 and 8)

2. Update your FireDTV BDA driver (you have a really old version)

3. If your ATI driver is old try to find a newer one. (Your crashing issues should be caused by the Catalyst driver on WinXP systems. If system freezes and the sound loops and you are forced to do a hard reboot you have a common issue descibed at the ATI site. Probably due to HDMI driver issues. Fix is to use Catalystdriver 9.4 (last known stable one)).

4. Update DVBSource (DVBFilter) to latest version (a long shot if nothing else work)

Edited by majstang
Another good idea is to (re)apply the latest DirectX Runtime redist every time you change anything that involve the DirectX chain (eg install/uninstall codecs, video/audio drivers and so on...)

Hmm, maybe that "DirectX Runtime redis" could have something to do with my own WinXP crashing issues when i use Catalyst 9.5 to 9.12. I must do some research on that. Thanks a lot Gioxy ;)

Lovely, thanks for the help guys and sorry for not replying sooner . I will do some testing tonight and see what happens. For now it works as i don´t change anything but i can´t use FF or skip in recorded material without DVBV crashing and if i don´t get any picture due to swapping from A picture settings to B settings it works if a start VLC and play a vid and the start DVBV.

Strange things can happen. One question though is it better to test DirectX Runtime redist before i uninstall my codecs? I would like to try which codecs are the best before i take some away (and yes it was a bit clumpsy to install a new version og PDVD before deleting the old on)

Hmm, maybe that "DirectX Runtime redis" could have something to do with my own WinXP crashing issues when i use Catalyst 9.5 to 9.12. I must do some research on that. Thanks a lot Gioxy ;)

Well this is another problem i have, i can´t start the ATI Catalyst so maybe this is my main problem. I updated it and now i doesn´t work. Can this --------------- up my DVBD or is it a combination of maybe DirectX and this which makes me try to fix both problems in ordr to get a stable DVBV ??

is it better to test DirectX Runtime redist before i uninstall my codecs?
...yes, it's sure worth a try, but don't expect any miracles: results deep depends on where is the real problem; anyhow you can run it without any (additional) harm...

;)

I really need some support here. I´m using version 4.2.1 and have Cyberlink and Nvidia decoders installed

My setup is

MOBO - ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO (IGP Radeon 4200)

AMD Phenom II 550 BE 3.1 Ghz

DVBV V.4.2.1

Why did you have NVidia decoders installed when you have a fully AMD/ATi setup? Did you used to have NVidia card/motherboard on the same installation?

Well the Nvidia decoder worked like a charm on the former setup (which was a GeForce GPU). I cant find any decoders from AMD or ATI but as i said before i cant start my CCC so something is ---------------ed up with that for sure.

i dont know if that iis my main problem though. The main issue is that i dont know which decoder performs hte best on my HW. with some TV transmitions the deinterlace (at least i think it is) kind a smears the pictutre looking abit like a painted picture ontop of hte real one

Well the Nvidia decoder worked like a charm on the former setup (which was a GeForce GPU). I cant find any decoders from AMD or ATI but as i said before i cant start my CCC so something is ---------------ed up with that for sure.

i dont know if that iis my main problem though. The main issue is that i dont know which decoder performs hte best on my HW. with some TV transmitions the deinterlace (at least i think it is) kind a smears the pictutre looking abit like a painted picture ontop of hte real one

You could try driver sweeper in safe mode to search and get rid of any NVidia leftovers. Maybe then install new CCC drivers (first uninstall old version using ATi uninstaller in control panel).