DVB-T No Channels Found

meditating_hamster

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some issues getting DVBViewer to work and would really appreciate some help :-)

I'm running

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

DVBPro V4.2.1.0

Hardware:

HVR1300

Windows 7 MCE picks up the card and tunes all of the channels fine, but DVBViewer won't find anything though, whether I select Europe or UK(mendip), I am selecting Terestrial as opposed to cable or satellite. Tried an in in depth scan, frequency range is 50000 to 858000. What's odd is that the signal meter jumps to green every now and then as if it's finding a channel, but the new channel counter remains at zero, and the PAT/PMT/SDT only ever has the PAT in red. The hardware device is selected Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner/Demod.

I've spent two evenings now reinstalling drivers (tried the wintv site ones as well as the default windows 7 drivers, virus scanning, forum searching and re-installing DVBViewer with no joy :-(

I've had this working before with a technisat skystar2 HD, but am not in a position to be able to do this at the moment to fully test the app with this card)

Cheers :-)

info file attached

Board specs

Intel Pentium e5200

socket 775LGA

Gigabyte MB model ep45-UD3

chipset intel p45/p43

support.zip

Edited by meditating_hamster

I also tested this with another app called TV source and it did the same with that, suggesting that it may be a driver issue. Not sure if windows 7 by default uses something other than BDA drivers, but if it did then it may explain why the apps can't interface properly with the card yet MCE can. The major bugger is that I don't have my original wintv disk to test wintv with it. I could try downloading progdvb but would rather not install loads of different software and potentially causing a mess of dlls and configs.