Displaying Messages

I would like a program/utility to display messages in the DVBViewer (TV) window.

Ideally will be a Program (.exe) which takes several parameters, and then Displays a window (like OSD, myMiniEPG.xml) with an OK button (invisible?) and a timeout.

Why this program?

- I like to see who’s calling (phone) me. To display messages from the Fritz!box, several programs exist.(I know about the "Anrufmonitor für die Fritz!box", but this plug-in doesn't display the Caller name, if the name isn't 'imported') A program like JFritz can start a program (with parameters, Name and Number), when an incoming call is detected.

- I would like to see incoming emails from Outlook. This is easily done with a 'Rule' starting a program. Outlook does have a build-in function to display incoming emails. This function, Desktop Alert, plays havoc with the running TV: stopping and stuttering (probably due to transparencies). Desktop alert has a box, which is too small to read from a distance on a large (1920x1200) screen.

- Also I would like a 'unified' method to display messages in DVBViewer screens.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so I am looking for the simplest way to implement this functionality. Also I don't have a Deplhi environment.

I have looked at the ShowInfoinTVPic function: this displays a message in a bar at the top of the screen. And put this in a Visual Basic Script (.VB). Calling this script functions.

Unfortunately this is not usable in all programs: not all programs (JFritz) can start a VB script, only programs can be started automatically (also for Windows 7, signing will be needed).

Fulco

(suggestion C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBMessage.exe mes.xml, 20, “tekst1”, “tekst2”; Displays window ‘mes.xml’ with tekst1/2 for 20 seconds)

• 4 weeks later...

Hope my answer is not to late.

I do it like this:

1) Download xampp for Windows as ZIP Version and unpack it to your harddrive DOWNLOAD HERE

2) e.g. (xampp unpacked to D:\xampp) go to D:\xampp\htdocs\xampp and create a file called OSDpopup.php (see code below)

3) Add D:\xampp\Apache_start.bat to your Autostart (see bat code below)

4) On you Fritzbox (or every other PC) open the PHP URL for every call with the following format :

http://IP-of-your-DVBViewerPC/xampp/OSDpopup.php?Header1=Call%20from%20:%20test%20test\&Text1=from%20:%20test\&Text2=for%20:%20test

On linux based systems with available wget, you can do it with "wget -t 1 -q URL

OSDpopup.php:

<?php
// script by Godik
// last change 24.05.2008
// showing a free text in OSD

$Header1 = $_GET["Header1"];
$Text1 = $_GET["Text1"];
$Text2 = $_GET["Text2"];

$osdMsgTimeout = 240;
$thisDVBViewer = com_get_active_object("DVBViewerServer.DVBViewer") or die("DVBViewer laueft nicht");
$thisOSD = $thisDVBViewer->OSD;

$thisOSD->ShowInfo("$Header1", "$Text1", "$Text2", $osdMsgTimeout,"Exit");

?>

apache_start.bat (when it does not exist by default:

@echo off
echo Diese Eingabeforderung nicht waehrend des Running beenden
echo Bitte erst bei einem gewollten Shutdown schliessen
echo Please close this command only for Shutdown
echo Apache 2 is starting ...

start /MIN apache\bin\apache.exe

if errorlevel 255 goto finish
if errorlevel 1 goto error