"You are about to switch satellite.... Really switch Yes/No?&quot

patti

Hello, I have my HTPC equipped with a motorised dish. Every now and then I turn the dish accidentally from one satellite to another. I have minimised the trouble by setting my channels so that the dish moves from satellite to satellite with minimal movement ie. from 13E to 16E to 19.2E and not from 13E to 28.5E to 16E. But even with this set up it would be useful to have BVDViewer warn the user about satellite change like it warns if you are about to change channel and you have timeshift or timeshift recording active. A simple "Really switch satellites Yes/No?" would do the job. Of course this question should be surpressed if a recording timer moves the dish to point to the starting recording satellite. And to preserve compatibility with "no warning needed" school of users it would be a good idea to have this feature disabled by default so the user could turn it on in options if they so wish.

Thanks, watching TV without DVBViewer would not be so much fun.

PK

This is a great idea. :bye:

I have a problem in my Sky star S2HD sometimes instructs my Moteck Vbox to go to one of the end stops when I switch the computer on. This is very embarasing!

Regards

• 2 weeks later...