IPhone/IPod touch support

Lars_MQ

The recording Service does contain the IPhone/Ipod/iPad support now. (see wiki: http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/IPhone/iPod/iPad_Support )

Lars

I uploaded a Alpha version of the recording service with support for Iphone Webinterface. You can find it in the membersarea at the bottom of the page (just scroll down).

Some things are not implemented (EPG search, streaming, configuration, recording thumbnails) and you're most likely better of testing this with WiFi/WLan. o:)

You can reach the webpages via your normal recording service url + /iphone/ .

Edited by Lars_MQ
Added notice and link to wiki.
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lars_MQ

• aht961

• Bossmann

• ml 05019

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice, will try that out!

Is it possible to stream live-tv to iphone/ipod? Im not familiar that VLC 0.86i supports that but maybe there is another solution for this?

/ D

Well google says it should be possible, but I don't know if I get it working... First priority is for now getting a interface running to control the service. Then we'll see o:)

I uploaded a Alpha version of the recording service with support for Iphone Webinterface.

Sweet!

Do you have plans for Windows Mobile as well or ist it already supported?

Nice, will try that out!

Is it possible to stream live-tv to iphone/ipod? Im not familiar that VLC 0.86i supports that but maybe there is another solution for this?

/ D

I am able to stream the live-tv via RS using the VLC4iphone client (you need to jailbreak). I will try this /iphone/ version soon. However, the normal web interface works as well without any problem. You choose the streaming option suitable for WLAN and then start the external VLC and vola. The channels can be switched using the drop-down list on the web interface. All you need is to start the VLC4iphone client and open the URL => http://yourrecordingserversIP:3335.

ps: for the locked iPhones, "streamer" works as well however, I could not managed to handle the sync problems with audio.

I am able to stream the live-tv via RS using the VLC4iphone client (you need to jailbreak). I will try this /iphone/ version soon. However, the normal web interface works as well without any problem. You choose the streaming option suitable for WLAN and then start the external VLC and vola. The channels can be switched using the drop-down list on the web interface. All you need is to start the VLC4iphone client and open the URL => http://yourrecordingserversIP:3335.

ps: for the locked iPhones, "streamer" works as well however, I could not managed to handle the sync problems with audio.

I guess that you're using 3GS, right? Cause I cant get it to play smooth on my Iphone 3G :/

aht961 What streaming settings do you use to watch live tv on yor Iphone?

After choosing the programme in the web browser, start play and ACTIVATE video transcoding (I use the Finnish localization, therefore the exact english wording might be slightly different), then choose MPEG-2, Bitrate 384, smaller video size, 75%, audio decoder: mp2, bitrate 64, channels 1. Then hit "start play", after which you will have a pop-up (allow pop-ups in safari), from which choose the channel you want and keep this window open in case you want to change the channel.

Go to VLC4iphone, hit "playlist" and then ADD: http://yourrecordingserversIP:3335.

Problems:

1. Everything will depend on the bandwidth of the WLAN to which you are attached. At home where I have N-wifi, I get beatiful connection. However, there is no sense using iPhone at home where you will have your computer/tv set. Abroad (eg. hotels), usually it stutters or freezes for a while.

2. No dvb or teletext subtitles in mpeg-2

3. No landscape or full screen in VLC. In streamer, you do go through the exact steps, you get full screen in landscpae, however, lips don't sync.

At the end of the day in real life I use the iPhone for browsing the TV programme and scheduling the server for future recordings or to shutting down/restarting the server PC.

Hope this helps (indeed I use 3GS with 3.1.2 (7D11) and firmware 05.11.07.

Edited by aht961
I uploaded a Alpha version of the recording service with support for Iphone Webinterface. You can find it in the membersarea at the bottom of the page (just scroll down).

Some things are not implemented (EPG search, streaming, configuration, recording thumbnails) and you're most likely better of testing this with WiFi/WLan. ;)

You can reach the webpages via your normal recording service url + /iphone/ .

Lars: Tested. Very nice work, very clear lay out, loved it. Thank you very much. Streaming might work right away if one could call the original "streamtext.html" page. At the moment gray VIEW button (EPG-Info) swaps for blue but nothing happens (as you have mentioned in your message).

Would it be possible to have under "system" heading at "home" page, a title called let's say STREAM where the user defines the variables for streaming (bitrate, codec conversion, video size etc. which you already have on your web version)? Once saved, the user calls the similar page like streamtext.html by pressing a "Play" button there (after which one can choose the channel from the drop down list or stop the VLC server). Maybe?

Regards.

Looks nice! Thanks Lars.

Abot streaming, maybe this can help you on the way ? Air video

Works like a charm with Iphone, I´m using it to view my DVBViewer recordings when im not at home.

I assume you cannot watch live-tv stream with it or can you? I have tested the free version earlier but could not manage to have the live-TV ;)

Looks nice! Thanks Lars.

Abot streaming, maybe this can help you on the way ? Air video

Works like a charm with Iphone, I´m using it to view my DVBViewer recordings when im not at home.

By the way, do you need to install Air Server at the PC where your recordings are or do you manage to use the RS to stream? If you have managed to do it using the RS, what is the port number do you use in Air Video client (3335 or 8889 do not work)?

PS: If the Air Server is needed, then there are other options with regard to streaming the recorded sessions by the RS. For example PLugPlayer recognizes the Recording Service stream at WLAN naturally without any further installations.

Lars and others involved in this nice project: I have converted the "streamconfig2.html" and "streamext.html" files to iPhone layout and added a line ({streamurl}) to the "epg_details.html". Accordingly, when the VIEW button is pressed, the iPhone-converted streamconfig file opens and thereafter the stream can be started according to users' stream-settings. After that the user can stream the live-tv to his/her iPhone using the vlc4iphone client or Streamer. Functions very nicely within LAN and today even managed to stream it to my office.

Do you mind if I handle those three files to you for adding in the package or upload them here, so others can try? I do not know your policy, hence this question. Great job by the way, thanks.

PS: In the header of the index file, the "support" button takes the user to the forums, however there is no return/back to the HOME page any more. Therefore one has to quit the application and start all over. Could it be possible to change that behaviour?

Edited by aht961

It took some time, but the next testversion with iphone support is in the membersarea (at the very bottom).

You also need:

FFmpeg Revision 18639 for Win32 extract it into the program folder of the recording service. Not every ffmpeg version works correctly. The one mentioned here works. So stick to it in the beginning and make sure it works for you also, then you can experiment with newer ffmpeg revisions. But be warned they didn't work for me.

What else is new: I change the webpages a little bit, removed some bugs there, added livetv and recordings streaming to the iphone but nothing really exciting... (w00t)

...but nothing really exciting... :(

You must be kidding man. I just gave it a try, and could not believe in my eyes (w00t) It just works with internal Quicktime and with super quality. Believe me that there is NO OTHER program out there which could do this - and I mean: real-time tv streaming simultaneously to all TV sets running attached to Win or Os X (via xbmc) as well as to my doughter's laptop and my iPhone. I have gone through all available options, unlocked my iPhone in order to have this crap vlc4iPhone client (no widescreen, no fullscreen, playlist writes hundreds of empty lines) running. Now you bring this option also to unlocked iphones with full screen high quality streaming and all for free.

with many thanks and regards.

A.

Edited by aht961

Do you use WLan (WiFi)? what's the source material (h264/mpeg2)? I had it running on a normal SD Mpeg2 channel via wlan for 3 hours yesterday evening without any connection drops.

I have been testing more today with live-tv. It runs about 2-3 min, after which it stops (and does not start by itself again). You need to go back to the previous page, stop / start server, and then it is ok for another 1-2 min. I have tried with high/medium/low quality - does not matter. Nevertheless, very promising so far.

Two questions:

- would it be possible to "save" the settings, so it is not alway default to "high quality"?

- would it be possible to "fine tuning" of the encoding settings like in "streamconfig2.html", so user could choose between H264 (quicktime) or mpeg2 (eg. vlc)?

ps: very surprising finding was that I could now stream the earlier TS recordings on fly using the quick time (even could see the thumbview) - however for a minute or two.

Edited by aht961
Do you use WLan (WiFi)? what's the source material (h264/mpeg2)? I had it running on a normal SD Mpeg2 channel via wlan for 3 hours yesterday evening without any connection drops.

Got it working now with no connection drops. I use Wlan and mpeg2 SD channels. This is awesome!

It was a plugin issue, [removed] B)

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common interface" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

- would it be possible to "save" the settings, so it is not alway default to "high quality"?

see userdatafolder\config\iphoneprefs.ini -> Default=1

- would it be possible to "fine tuning" of the encoding settings like in "streamconfig2.html", so user could choose between H264 (quicktime) or mpeg2 (eg. vlc)?

see userdatafolder\config\iphoneprefs.ini, but you're on your own there.

And also read/answer this: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=283138 please

I have been testing more today with live-tv. It runs about 2-3 min, after which it stops (and does not start by itself again). You need to go back to the previous page, stop / start server, and then it is ok for another 1-2 min. I have tried with high/medium/low quality - does not matter. Nevertheless, very promising so far.

Two questions:

ps: very surprising finding was that I could now stream the earlier TS recordings on fly using the quick time (even could see the thumbview) - however for a minute or two.

Same problem here but i think its because my Windows home server is to slow ( CPU goes up to 100%) will test on a diffrent machine tonight , How is your cpu %?

for h264 channels you need a lot of power. My 2.4 ghz quadcore CPU can't handle 1080i/720p h264 Channels. It seems ffmpeg does/can not use multiple cores for h264.

I have tested using WIFI (iPhone, mobile safari) and 1G LAN (iMAC, safari). Only 1-2 min I could play using the MPEG-2 TS recording or liveTV regardless of the client or WIFI/WLAN.

Now I have tested using MPEG 2 recording options (WIFI, all firewalls disabled, sitting beside the router or away from it). The audio does not sync and it stops after a while. I will play with different video/audio decoding settings and will get back to you.

PS: And not to mistakenly confuse you, I am trying to use iPhone here. With Win 7/Os X clients on WLAN or WIFI I have not got any problems with REC Service. It just functions as it should ment to.

Edited by aht961
I have tested using WIFI (iPhone, mobile safari) and 1G LAN (iMAC, safari). Only 1-2 min I could play using the MPEG-2 TS recording or liveTV regardless of the client or WIFI/WLAN.

Now I have tested using MPEG 2 recording options (WIFI, all firewalls disabled, sitting beside the router or away from it). The audio does not sync and it stops after a while. I will play with different video/audio decoding settings and will get back to you.

PS: And not to mistakenly confuse you, I am trying to use iPhone here. With Win 7/Os X clients on WLAN or WIFI I have not got any problems with REC Service. It just functions as it should ment to.

I also experience this problem where the stream stops after 1-2 minutes. It works really good until it stops, the quality is nice and no discontinues in the stream. The cpu is around 70-80% on my Asrock Nettop 330HT.

/ D

I cannot get more than 1-2 min. As it was mentioned earlier, until it stops, the quality is superb, no stuttering, no discontinuties, all of sudden it stops. Now with ffmpeg H264 the QT streams nicely for a short-time, but VLC4iphone does not at all. If I use the VLC for streaming (by starting the streaming via the earlier streamconfig2.html file), then vlc4iphone streams ok (in a small window), but then Quick Time does not B) Definitely, QT is the correct way to go, since it is native player for iphone. Could it be realted to buffering capacity or memory of the iPhone (however, the Safari on Desktop with direct GIG LAN connection as well does the same thing, thugh, and stops all of sudden around 1 to 2 minutes)?

Edited by aht961

I've uploaded Version .83 to the membersarea (same place as before).

Changes:

- A lot of debug logging for iphone streaming.

- Several fixes and improvements on streaming of recordings.

- The Recordingspage reworked and extended. Makes it easier for me to handle my 520+ recordings :bye:

@All with streaming problems (liveTV or recordings)

Please check it with this version and post the svcdebug.log if the problems still exists. B)

I am sorry to say that the same problem continues. Please find enclosed svcdbug.zip (I have changed the username - hope there are no other personal data - if there is, please do remove it from here).

By the way, the following page after RECORDINGS do not have any headings/titles. Hope you can sort this out. Thanks.

I removed the log. Please turn off upnp debugg logging next time B). Then the headers will not be displayed.

All I see is starting of the playback (liveTV) and it runs until the service is shut down. There are no warnings, the framerate (transcoding) is absolutly correct everything seems to work. Maybe some external source for the problem? Virus scanner, firewall, router etc?

One thing: it seems you didn't stop the stream server as far as I can see. The headers are really annoying and make it nearly impossible to follow the important stuff. Could you please turn the upnp debug logging of and do the test again? B)

Thank you. I have turned off the firewal entirely as well as the antivirus (S-Secure). The router should not be a problem since it is functioning without any problems when I use the WIN7/OsX desktops (with DVBViewer or XBMC clients) both with LAN or WLAN. Even the oldest MacBook (5years old) could stream it without stuttering.

PS: Sorry just noticed your note, I will turn it off )honestly did not notice it. I could not stop the stream server since when the Quick Time stopped I had to leave the safari. Since iPhone's window locks and there is no multitasking allowed (if I don't use the backgrounder), I need to log once again to the Recording service and cannot get hold of the page (where one can stop the streaming) any more. If I did not need to log, then I could go back to the very same page aagin.

Edited by aht961

Of note, I have three tuners (two cable one terresterial). To demonstrate both, first I have used the Firewire tuners, after the stream has stopped (around 80 secs), I stopped the stream, started the terresterial tuner, and did happen the same thing. The stream stops around 80 secs on both occasions. The debugging report is coming now w/o headers, sorry for that.

Edited by aht961

Win 7 Ultimate, AMD Dual Core 4850e processor, 2,5G, pyhsical memory 2G. I use it as a headless media server out of my sight and did not want to have a high end PC for this purpose. It can stream HD channels w/o problems, though. Or do you mean the iPhone 3GS? Any way, thanks for your help. Probably it will sorted out with time or I will upgrade the PC or overclock it B)

Edited by aht961