• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lars_MQ

• aht961

• Bossmann

• ml 05019

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

which channels.dat will be used by the iphone support?

I'm asking because I'm getting a completely different list on the /iphone website as on the /mobil website or on my PCH A-100 over /popi, that means channel groups are missing completely, sort order has changed, etc...

btw: great job done by Lars, thanks a lot!

EDIT: time problem, after waiting around 20 minutes at all, te channellist is now complete and correct! sorry for disturbing...

Edited by spiridon
20 mins? you're using a Wifi (Wlan) or a telephon connection?

WiFi 11g, don't know if that was the reason for the issue. Streaming runs fine with nearly no interrupt at all.

No, that's not the reason. I myself run my iPod touch over wifi. The first time showing the channellist the channel logo thumbnails are generated, but this shouldn't take 20 minutes, more 30 secs (with a list of over 1000 channels)... does it always take this long?

I dont use safari in pc so i dont know ;)

What i mean is that its working from recordingservice in internet explorer not using the iPhone link (/iphone/)

Well that's something completely differnent. ;)

The iPhone needs and gets specially resized logos. It seems the resizing process does fail on some systems in the gdi+ windows subsystem, reason unknown...

Ok thats why when quick tested on my Win xp pc it works but not on my Win homeserver : (

Another problem is that it wont refresh channel loggos in Iphone then i changed loggos , the old deleted ones is still there.

Tryed restart pc/iphone but didnt help!

But if i still want loggos in my Iphone from WHS what size should they be?

Got them working know without really knowing how! :)

Had to rename some channels and loggos with space and dubbel dots to make them show up i Iphone ;):tongue::huh:

It looks like channel without EPG equals no streaming to iPhone. Because the only entrypoint to start streaming a channel is selecting something from EPG. Can anything be done to enable streaming non-EPG-channels?

That would be great. I have very few channels with epg, only ones I have added with xepg. No epg here in the US on fta. Looking forward to a solution.

No epg here in the US on fta.

that's strange. The test streams we had did all come with (atsc)epg. Which DVB-device are you using?

I am using a Technotrend S2-3200. Very few fta channels have epg here. Mostly they are network feeds, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. so no epg. This is DVB Satellite, sorry for the confusion. We call atsc "Over the Air" here. Unfortunatly it doesn't come in where I live at all so that is why I use satellite.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. If others are in doubt, it is called Rec. Service Test 1.5.0.91

------------------

Noob question, where can I find the download?

I have searched the members section (http://www.DVBViewer.com/members/), and can't seem to find an alpha of recording service. The newest recording service I can find is:

Description: DVBViewer Recording Service ( 8730 Downloads )

» Version: Version 1.5.0.31 Beta

» Size: 1547 KBytes

» Last Updated: 18.08.09

Am I looking in the right place?

Edited by gasjack
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Lars,

thanks for non-EPG streaming in version .95,

I'd like to ask you for another fix. See, in web interface, the encoding of pages is determined by language file, and every page has this in htmlcode:

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset={lngCharset}">

However, in iPhone pages, the encoding is predefined to ISO-8859-1, and the header is:

<meta content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type" />

can you change that? Just swap this (charset=iso-8859-1) to (charset={lngCharset}) so I could use my Russian languagefile :rolleyes:

Thanks for reminding me. I wanted to do that, but somehow it got lost. :rolleyes: I'll fix it.

Lars is there any on going work to get the search epg in Iphone working?

Yes but it will be a very simple "enter search phrase" and search in all fields (Title, Subtitle, Description) and limit to max 100 result items search. Everything else would be impractical on the iphone...

This would be for most users not very usefull. Not because it is a bad idea but because it will be at the very bottom of the page and you would have to scroll down every time. You have to remember this is only a webpage. We don't have all possibilities a "native" iPhone app has. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Could someone help me?

Recording Service is configured and working great. I can access the normal web interface using http://192.168.1.99:8422

But when I try to use the iphone supprt by using http://192.168.1.99:8422/iphone/

I get a 404 Page Cannot Be Found error.

Am I doing something stupid or not not configured something correctly.

Thanks

Nigel

PS - Just realised I am using 1.5.0.31 - Should I be using a newer (Alpha) version. There are posts mentioning it at the bottom of

the screen of the members section, but I can't see it.

Edited by Nigel P

Does anyone have success streaming to an Ipad?

Mine get stucked on streaming page with a blackbox (no play button)

Maybe quicktime in Ipad is a little different.

Streaming to Iphone/Itouch are working great though :)

/appis

ipadk.jpg

Edited by appis
Does anyone have success streaming to an Ipad?

Mine get stucked on streaming page with a blackbox (no play button)

Maybe quicktime in Ipad is a little different.

Streaming to Iphone/Itouch are working great though ;)

/appis

ipadk.jpg

Same problem here. :angry:

Sorry no clue. haven't seen one, haven't had the chance to test one and it will be (according to my "secretary of finance") several month till I even have a chance to even think about buying an quote: "mostly useless, overpriced and overgrown iPod like gadget". ;)

Yes Lars,

It might be the most overpriced Apple product ever released, but still it would be a great feature to get streaming running from Rec. service.

I´ve tried a little changes in C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\config\iphoneprf.ini without success.

Seems that Ipad is restricted to Main Profile level 3.1

My guess is that Ipad/quicktime can´t handle TS-files.

I will mail steve jobs and ask him to send you one Ipad for free ;)

IPAD specs:

H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

IPHONE specs:

Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.

The specs are the same. If it works for the ipod, it should work for the ipad. Did you try liveTV or recordings?

Does the airserver work with the ipad?

Neither Live-Tv or recordings from rec. service works, but ts-recordings with live conversation on air-server runs ok.

I will try some different ffmpeg-builds.

can you get the commandline for ffmpeg that the airserver uses with ProcessHacker? maybe there must be special parameters set...

A wild guess would be: the audio format must be AAC now and not mp3 (as it is now).

@lars

I am new to processhacker but this is the output of one ffmpeg instance:

"C:\Program Files\AirVideoServer\ffmpeg.exe" --conversion-id fd3a128c-e36d-4f4b-acbb-7c4761ce079c --port-number 46631 -threads 4 -flags -loop -g 250 -keyint_min 25 -bf 0 -b_strategy 0 -cmp +chroma -deblockalpha 0 -deblockbeta 0 -refs 1 -coder 0 -me_range 16 -subq 5 -partitions +parti4x4+parti8x8+partp8x8 -trellis 0 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -qcomp 0.6 -map 0.0:0.0 -map 0.1:0.1 -ss 0.0 -i E:\\DVBrecordings\\04-05_00-21-16_TV4.ts -cropleft 0 -cropright 0 -croptop 2 -cropbottom 2 -s 568x320 -aspect 1.775 -y -f mpegts -vcodec libx264 -bufsize 128k -b 1200k -bt 1300k -qmax 48 -qmin 2 -acodec libmp3lame -ab 192k -ar 48000 -ac 2

Seems that libmp3lame is involved.

There is also another instance of ffmpeg running within airserver called segmenter.

I did notice one difference in safari settings on Ipad versus Ipod touch.

Ipad is missing a safari plugin setting enable/disable.

They are using mp3 also, so that's not the problem. It's similar to the settings we use for ffmpeg, so I don't think the encoding is our problem...

http://developer.apple.com/safari/library/...Audio_Video.pdf

iPhone Video Placeholder

On iPhone and iPod touch, a placeholder with a play button is shown until the user initiates playback, as

shown in Figure 1-1. The placeholder is translucent, so the background or any poster image shows through.

The placeholder provides a way for the user to play the media.

Figure 1-1 The iPhone video placeholder

On the desktop and iPad, the first frame of a video displays as soon as it becomes available. There is no

placeholder.

Media Playback Controls

Controls are always supplied during fullscreen playback on iPhone and iPod touch, and the placeholder

allows the user to initiate fullscreen playback. On the desktop or iPad, you must either include the controls

attribute or provide playback controls using JavaScript. It is especially important to provide user controls on

iPad because autoplay is disabled.

Lars, I have no idea how to change the relevant webpages.

Yippie! ;)

Got streaming to work on an iPad by editing:

C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\SVCweb\iphone\streamint2.html

Quick fix for iPad.

change

<video src="{srcurl}" autoplay></video>

to

<video src="{srcurl}" controls></video>

/appis