How to load recorded playlist in OSD mode?

Fabien44

You have to save your Playlist within DVBViewer Playlist window once, clicking on the diskette icon; then it will be remebered forever, and you can pick it from the OSD/HTPC/Playlist...

To start the Playlist when DVBViewer start you have to add the "-x65" command to the link command line, eg:

"C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" -x65

You can also define a keyboard key or a remote button to run the command "-x65" to start playng the first item of you playlist whenever you want...

o:)

Edited by Gioxy

Thanks Gioxy o:)

Is there a way to trace all songs played via the playlist (a kind of history).

In fact, i want to use playlist to generate random music listening but i would like to know what songs were played.

a kind of history

I don't think so, and I haven't noticed if the playlist item - when played randomly - are all played only one time before repeat the whole list, but you can see via OSD what's item is going on in real time (even with appropriate beautiful cover - depend on OSD skin): just press "Enter"...

o:)

You can also define a keyboard key or a remote button to run the command "-x65" to start playng the first item of you playlist whenever you want...

B)

How do you define that keyboard key associated to the command "-x65"?

Thanks

Oh, sorry, I did not noticed that this command was added among the predefined input actions: it's called First Item and you find it in "Setting / Options / Input", in the Playlist section...

Anyhow, you can add a new action (or a sequence of actions; for the complete list look in the "actions.ini" file in the main DVBViewer folder) among the input items pressing the [Add] button on the right...

B)

Thanks, first item works!

But something annoyes me. When i play a song, it deletes my whole playlist. I would like to load it again. I export my playlist into a file. How can i load it thanks to a keyboard key?

When i play a song, it deletes my whole playlist
Uh? B) Never had such a problem... for example, the playlist I have here at work is rock solid from many years ago, and I play almost everyday...

Are you sure you've correctly saved (not exported!) the playlist by clicking on the diskette icon on the playlist window?

And are you find it unchanged (before play it...) every time you start DVBViewer? It should be so...

:bye:

the playlist is replaced with the songs of album
As Tüftler stated that's ok: in fact you are loading a new playlist...

So to comply your needs you have to build a unique playlist with all plain playable items in it: simply drag&drop in the playlist window all intended files (not playlists...), then save... you better also export a copy of the whole playlist to protect your work against accidentally deletion :bye:

B)

As Tüftler stated that's ok: in fact you are loading a new playlist...

So to comply your needs you have to build a unique playlist with all plain playable items in it: simply drag&drop in the playlist window all intended files (not playlists...), then save... you better also export a copy of the whole playlist to protect your work against accidentally deletion :bye:

B)

That's i did! I drag & drop my all wanted songs, saved (and export to archive). My playlist is well played until i chose to play a single song from music library -> my whole playlist is replaced with songs of the album playing.

Is it possible to load again the first saved playlist?

Is it possible to load again the first saved playlist?
Of course, with the first Playlist window button ("Add Items into Playlist"); but as the hint state, it *add* loaded items to the current existing ones, so if you want only the ones in the saved playlist you have to push first "Clear all" (fifth button with garbage tray icon...)

B)

Of course, with the first Playlist window button ("Add Items into Playlist"); but as the hint state, it *add* loaded items to the current existing ones, so if you want only the ones in the saved playlist you have to push first "Clear all" (fifth button with garbage tray icon...)

Yes, but i would like to perform this in OSD mode, not in window mode B)

Simply place the Playlist file you saved before in a folder you can reach via "Music Virtual path" then go in it via OSD / theMusic / [VirtualPath] and click on the Playlist name: DVBViewer automatically recognize it as a Playlist, change the OSD page accordingly and also automatic start the first item; you can then chosse to play items randomly, loop them etc... :bye:

B)