Error recording to network mapped drive

yrizan

When using the recording service i can not record to a network mapped drive.

1. The first error is that recoring service will use a unc-path and not local drive mapping.

2. The second error is that recoring service cant record to that unc-patch, even if i delete all other paths it still records to the local disk users/video folder.

the first error is you never bothered reading the docs or searching the forum, otherwise you wouldn't have tried using mapped network drives.

the second error see the first. Make sure the recording service / system account has full rights to access the unc path.

• 9 years later...

I now have a network drive problem after movíng the recording service to a brand new Intel NUC with fresh Windows 10 installation. With the old PC everything worked nicely but now the recording service refuses to record to the network drive. I already downgraded SMB to 1.0 to get the network drive (Freenas) visible in the network list. I already gave full permissions to everybody to the full drive using Windows.

Could you please give more detailed instructions how to make sure recording service have full permissions to the drive.

Edit: I use Media Server. I just noticed that this thread is in recording service area.

support.zip

Edited by mitsu