Dual HDTV tuner cards in DVB Viewer...

antdude

Hello.

I have two questions:

1. How do I know which HDTV tuner card (same model -- Broadband Technologies Air2PC-ATSC-PCI; DVB; connected to a rabbit ear antenna via a splitter) is showing in my DVBViewer's v4.2's screen?

2. I noticed one card is stronger and more stable than the other one on some channels. How can I have specific channels use one specific card?

Thank you in advance. (w00t)

Hello.

I have two questions:

1. How do I know which HDTV tuner card (same model -- Broadband Technologies Air2PC-ATSC-PCI; DVB; connected to a rabbit ear antenna via a splitter) is showing in my DVBViewer's v4.2's screen?

I think you have to go to Settings>Options>Hardware and the card in use will be highlighted.

2. I noticed one card is stronger and more stable than the other one on some channels. How can I have specific channels use one specific card?

You can set groups for channels by opening the channellist, clicking channel editor, set a different group in the bottom right corner (A-H) for the channels that are weaker. Then go again to Settings>Options>Hardware and untick the new group for the weaker channels on the weaker card. HTH (w00t)

Thanks. (w00t)

However, I set first card as group A and second card as B. I selected some channels for each group.

When I record one and record another, it says there is no hardware available. Eh? I must be doing this wrong. :(

And is there a way to do for specific timer's recording? I didn't see any options to tell it to which card to use.

Edited by antdude
  • 2 weeks later...
However, I set first card as group A and second card as B. I selected some channels for each group.

What is the reason to use for using the groups?

I didn't see any options to tell it to which card to use.

The DVBViewer select the cards for a Timer at the start of the recording.

Do you have a copy from channels which are in group A in group B?
Are you asking for a copy of my channel list from exporting to show that? Yeah, I can send that but I am not at the computer right now so I will have to do it later tonight (PST).
Are you asking for a copy of my channel list from exporting to show that?
Not really. But if you send me a copy of you channel list I can see the answer to my previous question in it as well.
Not really. But if you send me a copy of you channel list I can see the answer to my previous question in it as well.
OK, I will do that later. Did you want me to configure the grouping or without?

OK if you don't use groups at the moment. I need no channel list.

When I record one and record another, it says there is no hardware available. Eh? I must be doing this wrong. :)

Pleas explain this a little bit more.

If you connect a channel to one group you can receive this channel only with cards connected to this group.

I remember I set a bunch of channels to one group/card, others to another group/card. I record one, and then tried to change to another but couldn't because of hardware not found error. If I don't use groups, then I have no problems.