Problems with ATI driver and the EVR Vista Enhanced Video Renderer und

Zori

I have been using an older version of DVBViewer with Vista for a long long time. When I upgraded my Vista to 7, I upgraded the DVBViewer version too. Since then I have experienced sudden slow down and speed up only when watching 1080i TV, once in a while but not often. Now I just upgraded the CPU and motherboard and I found the sudden slowdown and speedup affects not only the 1080i TV channels but all other channels too.

After trying different version of DVBViewer and Display Card drivers and TV drivers, I found somehow all my ATI driver (tried ver 9.3 to 10.1 driver) and the EVR Vista Enhanced Video Renderer are not running properly under Windows 7 AERO theme. It causes my ATI 4870 to have amdkmdag error (used to be called atikmdag) constantly. It has no error using VMR9 Video Renderer but the quality is way below EVR Vista Enhanced Video Renderer. I then tried to use the BASIC theme instead of AERO theme. Now, all TV (standard MPEG2 or h.264 1080i) are running smoothly without any problems. There are still amdkmdag error when watching 1080i TV but unlike constantly non-stop errors like before, errors stop after 2 seconds (shown in the log) and never showed up unless I change the size of the screen. Still it recovers within 2 seconds and no pauses on the screen.

I hope the EVR Vista Enhanced Video Renderer can be more stable under Win7 with ATI drivers in the future.

Thanks.

My current configuration:

CPU: i5 750

MB: Asus P7P55D-E Premium

RAM: 4Gb 1600 OCZ

HD: WD 1TB x 2

Video: ATI HD4870

TV Card: Magic Pro -HDTV Diamond