Minimize to system tray

nars

Title says all ;) I would love to have an option to allow DVBViewer to show on taskbar normally as any other app when window is visible but when minimized just show in system tray and not in taskbar, like WinAmp, Alcohol 120%, uTorrent, etc...

Also I noticed there is a bug on latest release version (didn't checked if it is still present on the beta versions), if we run DVBViewer with the option to Show DVBViewer in taskbar then if we go to options and select the option to show only in systray then it will not disappear from the taskbar until we close DVBViewer and re-run it.

Well, either I was not clear in explaining my suggestion/problem or then it doesn't really work as intended... are you referring to the "Both" option? With that option when I minimize the DVBViewer it still shows in the taskbar... and I would like it to disappear from taskbar and show only on systray when minimized, should it do that? If yes then the problem may be related to the bug I reported in the post above with taskbar button also never disappearing even when we select "System Tray" option? (we need to restart to take effect as I explained in my post above)

Edited by nars

Thanks for the info Griga, as I didn't saw anything about that on the betas changelog I didn't even tested that :(

I did now tested the latest beta and I can confirm the bug is really fixed. But also tried the "Both" option on the beta and it really shows on both always even when minimized, then my "minimize to system tray" suggestion is still valid :bounce:

• 3 years later...

Hi, I didn't want to open a new topic.

I checked the option "System Tray" with v5.2.8.1.
If I minimize EPG window to tray, which I have opened most of the time, it minimizes to a small title bar.

I'd like to have it as...

1. a second symbol in the tray,

2. or show normal EPG window state on left clicking the single tray icon,

if EPG window is still opened and minimized.