Cant watch UK - HDTV channels with latest DVB 4.2.1 version

mark1832

Hi ALL,

I have a pc with a dvb-2s card and 2 satellite 28.2 and 13.

Originally i had 3.9.4.0 and i was watching all HDTV UK channels but very few italian.... then i installed 4.2.1 rescanned the whole range for both satellites and i cannot watch the UK HDTV channels but i know see all 30 plus Italian HDTV channels.

What i am foing wrong ? why in 4.2.1 i can look at the UK channels ( channle list ) but when i click on any of them does not work ? even bbchd does not work...

Do there is a recent list of INI file to put in the Transponder folder ? ALso as brodacaster change those frequencies often where can i get an always uptodate ini file for both 28 and 13 degree satellites please?

Regards

Thanks for your prompt reply... diseqc is ok as i can see standard definition channels on both satellite... it is only on HDTV that does not work.... SUPPORT.ZIP i dont understand what do u mean .... Please clarify.... with both version i do rescan both satellite ranges... i cannot understand why with one version i can get 28 and the other 13...only hdtv channels the one in BLUE ok ?

Thanks

ABove where? (diseqc-setting? ..and support.zip pls.) i already answered your 2 questions but i will rewrite below again

1 diseqc is ok as i can see standard definition channels on both satellite... it is only on HDTV that does not work....

2 SUPPORT.ZIP i dont understand what do u mean .... Please clarify

Thanks Griga.... nothing at all..... i think is something to do with the tuning and my TT 3200 sat card..... but is incredible that DVBViewer does not have some transponder list always uptodate as tv frequencies change almost evry week for not to say every day... SO to recap

dvb 3.9 hdtv channels 28 ok and Italian 13 can only watch 3 or 5 hdtv channels

dvb 4.2 hdtv channels 28 are all listed in channel list but all black screen including FTA BBCHD and this is driving me crazy WHY BBCHD..... on 13 degree sat i can watch perfectly all more than 30 HDTV channels

So it is nothing to do with the diseqc or sat card or pc... it is just in the tuning of the 2 dvb versions

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do DVBViewer have a customer service? either via email,telephone or webform ? I found incredible what is happening to me and more incredible that nobody can help... Should be a very simple problem or not ? Thanks

Derrick i already said that the sd channels are tuned but display a black screen... so BBCHD which is FTA.... diseqc is correct a/a a/b b/a b/b if the diseqc was wrong how come when i have the 3.9 version it tune them and can see them ? clearly it is not the diseqc.... do there is a way t just copy a set of favoroties indide DVBViewer... I mean in the dreambox multimedia you can push an uptodate BOUQUETS of many satellite without the need to retune everything.... it is that possible ?

thanks for your prompt reply !

..so why are you wining about missing HD on 28E? You can't receive any channel from 28E, right?

..then i installed 4.2.1 rescanned the whole range for both satellites and i cannot watch the UK HDTV channels but i know see all 30 plus Italian HDTV channels.

If you start with a fresh installation and select the corresponding sats for a scan, you have to check your diseqs settings first! How on earth can the DVBViewer come with preconfigured inis for every possible situation? :)

btw. my 1st question was about diseqc. So check diseqc or learn Italian :)

look i ma not interested in the SD channels but in the HD ones only...

i dont want to repeat myself but if my stup of the diseq work for vers 3.9 why should not work with 4.2 ?

Anyway later on i am going to get some screenshotts and collate on a word document and post back here..

my diseqc is

a/a = hotbird 13

a/b = astra 19.2

b/a = nothing

b/b = astra 28.2

The only things that is strange that when i retune everything and go to select hotbird there are 2 hotbird 13 and so for astra 28.2 ... so i wiped al DVBViewer directory install 3.9 from fresh and got only one and one fine 28.2 work all ok sd and hd channels but 13 sd ok but HD only few hd channels when it should be more than 30........Then i installed 4.2 on top of 3.9 and again i got 2 hotbirds and 2 astra 28.2.....

retune hotbird 13 and all perfect sd and all more than 30 HD channels.... go to retune astra 28.2 and i got nothing!!!!!!! or better got many channels that belong to the 13 hotbird and the diseqc is on B/B!!!! Impossible.... if the diseqc is on B/B must pickup astra 28.2 range and not hotbird

What i am doing wrong ?

Please open zip file with pics 1,2,3...

1= i got all 13 hotbird channels either HD and SD all of them.. Perfect!

2= I am scanning on B/B which is astra 28.2 ( funny that until 11200 or 30% approx fnd no channels at all when 28.2 got tv inthat range 10700-11200)

3= picture 3 show that 977 channels were found but there are 202 channles in skyitalia???? skyitalia does not broadcast on 28.2...did not find one channels of the 28.2 astra sat...

I do all of this again with 3.9 version and bingo i see everything on both 28.2 and 13 but it show only 5 channels HD on skyitalia when they should be more than 30... DAMN IT!

What i am doing wrong please ?????

dvbviewer4.2.zip

Edited by mark1832

You channel list is a mess. Channels belonging to root 28E in your list sem to be from hotbird. Maybe you should delete everything in your channel list and start again from scratch..

i have done it already more than twice and said on my previous posts... same problem... let repeat it again...

I install 3.9 tune all over again and everything is ok except that hot bird 13 shows only 5 hd channels and not 30 ..

i do it with 4.2 and i have the many times mentioned above problem.... what does it look like ? to me that the software got a bug.... thats fine..... i am happy with 3.9 but why i have only 5 of the 30 HD channels ?

it seems to me i cannot win with DVBViewer

I don't know what's wrong with your installation. Last try:

I've assembled a channels.dat with 19E, 13E and 28E according to your diseqc settings. It includes ITV HD. The SD channels BBC4, BBC3 have to be updated in the evening. Put the file into the configuration folder of your dvbv 4.2.1 (-> help -> configuration folder)

which codecs do you have installed? perhaps the vpids or something have changed??

check in channel editor with king of sat or lyngsat and make sure all the info corresponds.

I'd give coreAVC a try if you haven't already as i found that gave me the best hd visuals... i know for definite itv hd needs vpid changing on freesat however these are not BLUE (dvb-s2) channels are you on sky or freesat and if you're getting sky i would suggest it is the manner in which you're getting sky on your pc that is the problem - hope this helps?!!?!?

DERRICK, Many thanks but No your dat file did not make the problem disappear... still having the same problem... can i have a DVBViewer version below 4.2 and over 3.9 please ? Regards

Milly the ini files are ok.... thanks anyway for your help...