DVBViewer 2.1 SP1

coolworm

Guest hackbart

the idea of a SP was made by Oliver. In the past i just released Rx ("R" stands for release) versions. Service Packs sounds more"professional" :)

The mentioned things are on the "to do" list (if they are not already added yet) fpr the next release. This version probably won't be released until 30.07, because i'm 110% overlasted with my final thesis. So i guess once 2.2 will come out, you can call me mr. dipl. ing :)

Christian

Guest Michael
the idea of a SP was made by Oliver. In the past i just released Rx ("R" stands for release) versions. Service Packs sounds more"professional" :)

The mentioned things are on the "to do" list (if they are not already added yet) fpr the next release. This version probably won't be released until 30.07, because i'm 110% overlasted with my final thesis. So i guess once 2.2 will come out, you can call me mr. dipl. ing :)

Christian

nah... i don't like the idea of having "SP" service packs.... that sounds like M$ SP fixing stuff for bad software... i liked the "R" release thing and most people are already familar with the system of having new releases.

Guest Oliver

Yeah, but somebody didn't want to download the Rx versions, because he considered them being "release candidates".

Bye, Oliver

Guest Michael
Yeah, but somebody didn't want to download the Rx versions, because he considered them being "release candidates".

Bye, Oliver

it's his choice not downloading the R(evisions)... it saves traffic for us :)

if you really want to get rid of the R stuff..... i would suggest using subversions like 2.11 or 2.1 build #2131.... that would be more professional than providing "service packs"... just think about how it looks like, if you see "version 2.1 SP12".... that looks awful... like this software would need lots of fixing.... :)

that would be more professional than providing "service packs"

I agree... calling DVBViewer versions/releases "service packs" isn't appropriate. Rather quite odd.

Guest DAvenger

Chaotic :) Calling them "builds" would be more appropriate. Besides, I don't like disclosing what's being worked on because of A, the competition B, some people have problems meeting deadlines (i think they are called programmers, :)) and C, it's no longer a surprise

^_^

...because i'm 110% overlasted with my final thesis. So i guess once 2.2 will come out, you can call me mr. dipl. ing ^_^

Hi, near to be mr. dipl. ing. hackbart! ;)

I'm electronic engineer from october 2003, enjoy your final thesis :)

See you, :)

Marco