PiP Playback from recorded transponder

Cian

No change in PiP on top. I can't think of anything else that I am doing that coincides with the full screen. The home machine is built pretty lean - no Office or other silly programmes, just HTPC related stuff. I have also tried different video decoders and renderers to see if it might be that, but there was no change.

For myself, I don't see it as a problem, since the main picture goes full screen in either case - In other words, I don't seem loose anything by not having it switched on. As I said in the earlier post, it was an observation rather than a problem.

As a test for the audio renderer, I changed the TSPlayer audio renderer from HDMI to a PDVD9 renderer, and the PiP sent the audio to the HDMI straight away, so that seems to confirm my theory about one application taking posession of the HDMI audio output. It also means that I have a work-around. I noticed it previously when I tried to do a type of PiP with DVBViewer and TSPlayer going at the same time - I could not get the audio from both playing at the same time.

I have no issue with the processor going mad at the end of the stream - it just closes both video windows and returns me to the TSPlayer.

What do the "Detect Audio" and "Detect Video" buttons do in the PiP settings window?

Edited by Cian
No change in PiP on top.

Seems to remain a mystery. I would like to fix it, because it may also affect PiP in DVBViewer GE under unknown circumstances, but I don't know how.

Yesterday I've tested it on a PC with XP SP3 (formerly with XP SP2), but the PiP window stays on top, whatever I try. However, the test revealed that the latest PreviewW.exe couldn't be launched by DVBViewer GE on this PC for some unknown reason, only by TSPlayer, due to the latest changes

So I've re-uploaded TSPlayer 2.2.1.10 to the members area, beta section, but with the previous PreviewW.exe 1.8.5, in case someone tries to use it in a DVBViewer GE installation.

What do the "Detect Audio" and "Detect Video" buttons do in the PiP settings window?

They are supposed to let the DVBViewer Filter detect the format (video resolution, number of audio channels etc) before playback starts and inform decoders about it when they connect to the DVBViewer Filter (same as Options -> DirectX -> TV/Radio Pre-Format Detection in DVBViewer Pro). These options delay playback start and are only necessary for decoders that are not able to detect the format by themselves, causing Mickey Mouse sound or modern art video.

However, they are useless anyway in case of file playback (should be disabled -> to-do list), so leave them unticked.

Ok, I think most of what can be done now is done, but I'll come back to it. Thanks for participating, and please let me know if you encounter additional issues that should be handled.

@MartinG: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=288976

Same decoders used by both? TSPlayer doesn't stop when it reaches the end of the file, because it is supposed to handle growing files (= ongoing recordings). E.g. you can record the transponder in DVBViewer (playback switched off) and watch it timeshifted in TSPlayer.

Maybe some decoder goes mad because playback is still running, but no data arriving anymore. Try different ones in TSPlayer 2.2.1.9.

The obvious solution is to stop playback automatically when the end of a non-growing file is reached. This may be inappropriate when TSPlayer is used as conversion tool, dunno... nevertheless version 2.2.1.10 does it this way. Everything is allowed in a beta :(

Yes, it was same decoder (cyberlink). Changed to another one for pip and then only the cyberlink window had high cpu. Changed both windows to acouple of other decoders and the problem went away completely. Changed back to cyberlink for both, restartad TSPlayer and now I cannot reproduce the high CPU at all anymore. Haven't rebooted the PC though. Strange! But no need for you to spend more time on this, it wasn't a real problem anyway.

Thanks for your efforts!

/Martin

• 2 weeks later...
Finally... the test version has been removed from the members area, the release is up (TSPlayer 2.3, PiP module 2.0):

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=3688

Please use the release version, because several bugs and quirks have been fixed, among them "PiP window vanishes in full screen on top mode".

Excellent - Thanks!

Used it on the Formula 1 recording last week and it works beautifully for all my quirks and requirements :)