problem or bug with subtitles ...pls help

jonyx

Hello,

I apologize for my bad english. I buy DVBViewer 4.2.1 (also tried the latest beta version) and installed without any problems. But I can't see DVB subtitles. I have a STB DVB-C receiver from my cable company and I see any subtitles without problems, but with my DVBViewer on Terratec H5 I can't see subtitles. When I try to activate DVB Sub from Settings menu....Subtitles ....appears None option. I tried different settings in DVBViewer but without any results. Also if I use VLC and plugin Netstream, in VLC is possible to select subtitle track and I see without problems. So what can I do to see subtitles in DVBViewer directly ?

Thanks.

No idea? How could I get contact directly with developers DVBViewer? I searched on forum and I see that this problem exists to others, so probably it is a bug in the program. I gave money to this program and now I'm forced to use other software to view subtitles. Please help me with any idea.

Thanks for reply. It seems that it is the same problem. But I try latest beta version 4.3.1.82 and problem with DVBSub still exists. It can be solved in next versions ?

Edited by jonyx

Oh a misunderstanding. I meant the user in the pointed out thread provided a ts-recording with subtitles activated of the channel in question, so we could take a look at the stuff.

The transportstreamID in the PAT is not set. in the SDT it is set. The PMT Parser does not work with no transportstreamID and so the subtitles are not detected. Obviously a flaw produced by your provider...

..and also a flaw of the DVBViewer cos the transport stream id is not necessary for playback. If it was, there would no video/audio either :bye:

Unfortunately I am not familiar with such technical specifications. I'm just a simple user but still with other programs like Dvbdream, ProgDVB or Terratec Home Cinema software can see subtitle. You can not include an option or a setting in future versions of DVBViewer which recognize the stream's also non-standard types?

I pay even more for this software but I would like to have a option to view subtitles just like as other programs have one (they seem to recognize this TS format without problems )

Please help me, it is unlikely that the cable provider change somehow type of streaming just for me (especially as on their STB I see subtitles with no problems).

Just prefer to be paid your software than to give money to another program (and it sucks when I can not see subtitles on favorite shows).

Thank you for understanding

Edited by jonyx
Well epg won't work either, cause there is a TransportstreamID. So it's pretty save to say it's a bug of the provider. :(

SDT and EIT, no problem at all. There's enough information to identify the services of the actual multiplex. And there can be only one actual multiplex :bye:

0x42 service_description_section - actual_transport_stream

0x4E event_information_section - actual_transport_stream

it is unlikely that the cable provider change somehow type of streaming just for me

Since neither the provider nor Lars seem to be willing to do something, nothing is left but a dirty work-around.

Try the attached plugin. Store the DLL in DVBViewer\Plugins. Launch DVBViewer and check if subtitles work (TV only, not files recorded in the past). It should also patch recordings as long as playback of the recorded channel is active. Additionally EPG data for the channels should show up. Make sure that Channel -> Auto Update is switched on.

I've tested it with your transponder dump, and it worked. However, a live stream may be a different thing. Better don't expect too much...

Could someone else be so kind and provide a link to the instructions for making such a plugins work with background recordings? (e.g. Tjod :bye:)

TSIDPatcher.zip

Waw, you guys are the best. It works very well and finally I see subtitles in DVBViewer. EPG also works perfectly. You did a good job, I will recommend your program to all my friends. Thank you again for your help. ;)

@jonyx:

Be careful. As I said, it is a quick and dirty workaround. There still may be unwanted and unexpected side effects. Test it for some time.

E.g. DVBViewer and the plugin will not auto-detect if the broadcaster changes the transportstream ID of a transponder (DVBViewer usually does). In this case subtitles and/or the EPG may vanish again, and you would have to go to the channel editor, manually reset the Stream ID value for all affected channels to 0 (in order to trigger detection in the plugin), click Apply and retune the channel.

Additionally it will fail in general on transponders with more than 40 services.

@experts:

The plugin only intervenes if the TSID in the PAT is 0. It overwrites it with the TSID from the channel list, if it is > 0. Otherwise it tries to retrieve the TSID from the SDT or EIT.

PAT packets are invalidated as long as no TSID > 0 is available, in order to prevent DVBViewer from reading them. If there is a valid TSID > 0, the plugin writes it to each PAT section and recalculates the CRC32, provided the whole PAT section fits into a single TS packet (which is mostly the case, but not always ;))

Thanks Griga, is good to remember this trick if I have problems in future. Maybe in future versions of DVBViewer it will automatically detect and correct this problem with non standard TS streams.