Prof usb 7500 Remote Control Problem

yallawo

hi all

my tv card is prof tuners usb 7500.

driver site

http://shop.prof-tuners.com/download.html

i bought DVBViewer to use remote control and its stability but i can not use remote control.

with dvbdream and smartdvb remote control works as native

with altdvb remote control works as keyboard2

with DVBViewer it does not work ;)

please help prof users. we need support.

support.zip

Edited by yallawo

any help, support, answer? coder, moderators?

why don't you help or give any answer to your paid member?

is this very hard to say it is possible or not possible?

i want to use dvbwiever with my prof 7500 and it's remote control.

Probably because nobody have your card/remote...

with altdvb remote control works as keyboard2

Thus have you already tried to use it in the same way with DVBViewer?

Go to "Settings / Options / Input", press "Learn" button, select some command and push a remote button: what's happen then?

:)

oh, thanks for your reply Gioxy! nice to see an alive admin :)

i tried "learn" section with all input plugins in members area, but DVBViewer doesn't receive any signals.

altdvb is really old program and there is no support fıor it, but it is working very well ;)

i can use remote control with those three dvb app. so, if DVBViewer's coder adds prof 7500 remote support we can use it. i think it this is very easy for coder.

I have this card too and know many others who have it, but i doubt that developers will make remote control plugin for it. They couldn't(didn't want to) do it for 3 or more years now.

I have this card too and know many others who have it, but i doubt that developers will make remote control plugin for it. They couldn't(didn't want to) do it for 3 or more years now.

Dont know why you would need a plugin to get your remote to work with DVBViewer? You only need the software that was bundled with the remote. This software emulates buttons on remote sending keyboard commands. You must program each button on your remote sending the keyboard commands Gioxy talks about "Settings / Options / Input", press "Learn" button. You should therefor NOT need any plugin.

A good first step is to check if you can control DVBViewer with your keyboard using the commands in "Settings / Options / Input". If that works next step is to set up your emulating software. Check the CD for it and start setting up each and every remote button sending out different keyboardcommands. DVBViewer will pick them up/respond if you have done it right, cuz your remote is now like a keyboard sending keystrokes to DVBViewer (Also make sure DVBViewer is the active window when you are sending the keystrokes).

Edited by majstang

@majstang: thanks for having clarified my thoughts...

@yallawo:

I can add thtat as your remote are already working with other sw, probably you only need to have it running and configure as majstang explained...

...please make your finding known to others posting about...

Maybe you were saying this emulating software, that Im talking about in my earlier post, that is supposed to be provided by the manufacturer does not exist? If so, that would hardly be any DVBViewer developers headache and of course they will not help you guys, since it is the manufaturers responsibility. But if it doesnt exist how do you get it to work with AltDVB?

Edited by majstang
Dont know why you would need a plugin to get your remote to work with DVBViewer? You only need the software that was bundled with the remote. This software emulates buttons on remote sending keyboard commands. You must program each button on your remote sending the keyboard commands Gioxy talks about "Settings / Options / Input", press "Learn" button. You should therefor NOT need any plugin.

A good first step is to check if you can control DVBViewer with your keyboard using the commands in "Settings / Options / Input". If that works next step is to set up your emulating software. Check the CD for it and start setting up each and every remote button sending out different keyboardcommands. DVBViewer will pick them up/respond if you have done it right, cuz your remote is now like a keyboard sending keystrokes to DVBViewer (Also make sure DVBViewer is the active window when you are sending the keystrokes).

hi majstang

We know there is a learn button in DVBViewer but it doesn't work also i tried that button with other input plugins(FireDTV Remote plugin, Geniatech Remote Control , MCE Remote Plugin, Skystar USB 2 Remote, Technotrend Remote Plugin, Tevii Remote Plugin, Twinhan USB Remote, X10 Remote plugin 1.1.1). We can program all buttons if DVBViewer receive the ir signal.

and i didn't understand what is emulating software? if it is winlirc, prof 7500 is a usb device and remote is bundled with it.

hi majstang

We know there is a learn button in DVBViewer but it doesn't work also i tried that button with other input plugins(FireDTV Remote plugin, Geniatech Remote Control , MCE Remote Plugin, Skystar USB 2 Remote, Technotrend Remote Plugin, Tevii Remote Plugin, Twinhan USB Remote, X10 Remote plugin 1.1.1). We can program all buttons if DVBViewer receive the ir signal.

and i didn't understand what is emulating software? if it is winlirc, prof 7500 is a usb device and remote is bundled with it.

But the only thing the learnbutton does is learn new keyboardcommand/combination in DVBViewer. For example if you want the keyboardbutton "R" to start TV recording you use the Learn button and hit R and you are by that learning DVBViewer that R is for recording. It has nothing to do with your remotecontrol. Yes winLirc sounds to be the accurate software. What it does is to translate IR-signals to keyboardcommands. In your case you must setup your remote/button to send the IR-signal for keyboardcommand R in winLirc. WinLirc is the actual translator and decodes the IR-signal and sends the keyboardcommand R to DVBViewer.

If DVBViewer is the active window when you press that button, on your remote, you tied to keyboardcommand R, DVBViewer will respond to it.

Edited by majstang

@majstang: as was said before, Learn button doesn't help and this card doesn't have its own emulating software.

For DVBDream and AltDVB developers of that card created modules, that make them react to remote actions. Don't know if they created module for ProgDVB or Prog did it himself, but remote works with it too.

I asked technical support of Prof-tuners Group about DVBViewer. They said, that it is commercial software and developer has to care about it himself.

So, i guess there is no hope. "We wont do it go to software developers" - "Why should we do it? Go to your card's developers."

Edited by iriskin

BUT i still dont think you guys have gotten the whole picture here. Googeling WinLIRC show it is capable of emulating keystrokes and that is all you need to get it to work. Yallawo says this remote is bundled with WinLIRC, so therefore it should work. Forget about the DVBViewer Learn button. This button has nothing to do with the setup of your remotecontrols. The programming should be done in WinLIRC. Only use the keyboardcommands in DVBViewer "Settings / Options / Input" as a template when programming WinLIRC. Concentrate on WinLIRC and have a good poke around to see whats possible programmingwize. This should not be that complicated when you have got a hang on it. It easy to say of course when never have used it, but every other emulating software is easy to get a grasp of after some time. The hard thing to grasp is the correlations between DVBViewer and the emulating software. You must at least try this and not be held back by any blamegame between developers.

Good luck! :)

Edited by majstang

WinLirc needs remote to be connected to COM port. But this one is bundled to USB card's IR-port. So i don't think u're idea would work, atleast i couldn't find a way for it to work.

Wow, that was a scary one! So this company bundles WinLIRC to its USB version and its only working through a COM port. This sounds really strange, to say at least.

This company budles it's remote control(i mean device) to the IR-port on the DVBS2 USB-card. But WinLirc works only if remote control(device) is connected to PC through COM port.

Hope this is clear now.

Edited by iriskin

@majstang

i think you understand me wrong or i made a mistake.

everybody knows winlirc uses serial port. you said you should use emulating software also i asked you what is emulating software and gived an example.

but this dvb card uses "usb port" and it's ir receiver on the card like skystar 2 usb.

Company doesn't bundle winlirc, it is impossible because there is no com port device.

hope confusion is resolved :)

This company budles it's remote control(i mean device) to the IR-port on the DVBS2 USB-card. But WinLirc works only if remote control(device) is connected to PC through COM port.

Hope this is clear now.

Yes, its clear now! When reading about the WinLIRC it says only for COM port. This company selling that crap must be jokers...

Anyway, I think waiting for some plugin to be made by someone, would be pointless. What about solving it with a product like iMON KNOB or something? Remote, Software and USB IR-receiver. Quite expensive though, but the most smooth and less timeconsuming way to go.

As clearly stated in #15 Prof product FAQ, the remote act as emulated keyboard: ...«You can set up the remote control in the following way: " Main Menu": "Settings" -> "Input" -> "Keyboard".» and these "should" mean that you don't need any input plugin (or, also, you can deselect all input plugins...); but of course there can be problems on witch keys are emulated by the remote...

I noticed that with several USB remotes you can know wich keys are generated by the remote buttons opening a notepad and pressing remote buttons... is this somewhat working for you?

...and what if you try to reprogram the remote keys in other (already working) progs? Are same remote buttons producing same keys over diferent progs? Have you nedeed to install specific plugin in the other progs to have it working?

altdvb, dvbdream, smartdvb can learn key strokes, they record different keys or codes

for ex: power button

in smartdvb, command: exit app, remote command: 132

in altdvb; action: close application, hotkey2: P

in dvbdream; function: power, code: 1

no need to install spesific plugin.

for example smartdvb has special prof 7500 settings, in tools-device settings menu diseqc mode: prof tuners, Remote: prof 7500.

for altdvb and dvbdream prof-tuners provides bda files.

If the hard thing is to really know what keystroke the remote sends out maybe RCTester could help to capture this. Havent tried it myself.

Could this work?:

You say that "in altdvb; action: close application, hotkey2: P"

So we know then that the "Close application" button on the remote sends keystroke P

The corresponding function for that in DVBViewer is Exit in Options--Input--Application

If highlighting Exit and then click on Learn button and then press P on your keyboard and then click on OK

What happens when pressing the Close Application button on remote then when the DVBViewer window is active?

Ok, and when you pressed the Learn button and then P the "Keyboard P" showed up under Exit?

Well, next step should be to capture what the remotecontrol sends out somehow. Maybe there are several good tools abled to do this and hopefully freeware too.

altdvb, dvbdream, smartdvb can learn key strokes, they record different keys or codes

no need to install spesific plugin.

This mean to me that you remote it's hardcoded in every app, then as iriskin guessed in Post #11 "there is no hope", unless someone will build a specific input plugin for DVBViewer or you find another keyboard emulation sw that already know your "IR receiver" (Gurder? EventGhost?)...

...another solution can be to buy/build a cheap WinLIRC serial IR-receiver, but your PC must have a serial port and you have to learn WinLIRC your remote codes...

Excuse me for saying this, but to me this sounds to be a really crappy product and this company should not be allowed selling anything at all. Why not turn it back to the manufacturer (may be hard to return it to the store you guys bought it) and say it doesnt met your requirements. Did that with a Logitech Harmony 895 once after 6 months use. Also if it says on the freakin box it has DVBViewer support and it turns out not in every part of the product this is a cheat simply put. And that is a heavy argument to throw thier way in a reclamation errand and very hard one to deny.

It seems that ProfTuner (a "Prof" employee?) are thinking/working on this plugin from the beginning of this month, and today - for the yallawo's (and much more iriskin's :)) happyness - today they did it... hoping that it work flawlessy, it's the very first release... so cheers!