Automating TSPlayer export?

I usually use DVBViewer to record my TV programmes and then convert them into iPhone compatible format using mencoder. I found that if there is any TS continuity related error, mencoder will get stuck.

So, before firing up mencoder, I use TSPlayer to open and export the MPEG-PS so that PTS Continuity Correction is finished, and mencoder will convert the files without problems.

I would like to know if there is any method to automate the process using command lines or scripts. It would be great if the overall PTS correction and mencoder process could be automated with a simple script.

Is there a command line version of TSPlayer, or is there any method to automate TSPlayer to process my files?

Thank you for your attention!

I would like to know if there is any method to automate the process using command lines or scripts. It would be great if the overall PTS correction and mencoder process could be automated with a simple script.

Is there a command line version of TSPlayer, or is there any method to automate TSPlayer to process my files?

Processing and then passing files between two different apps fully automated would mean the script is not so simple to make anymore, quite complicated on the contrary, but possible. Simplest tool would be Autohotkey. Prefer it cuz of the exellent command explanations, examples and the forum. http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands.htm

Havent seen a commandline version of TSPlayer, maybe Griga could help you with that.

Processing and then passing files between two different apps fully automated would mean the script is not so simple to make anymore, quite complicated on the contrary, but possible. Simplest tool would be Autohotkey. Prefer it cuz of the exellent command explanations, examples and the forum. http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands.htm

Havent seen a commandline version of TSPlayer, maybe Griga could help you with that.

Thank you majstang! I'll try out Autohotkey, though it's painful to write the script. Really hope that there'll be a command line version soon. That really helps a lot.

Better to use ffmpeg. There are several examples floating around in the www. just use google :) Liverstreaming could of course be done with the recording service...

Thank you Lars_MQ! Livestreaming is nice, though I need to put videos on iPhone and iPod Touch and watch offline. I prefer mencoder to ffmpeg because mencoder gives better video quality. BTW, if there is no command line, it's also helpful to have Windows Scripting Host support. See if anyone can help out with that.

So, before firing up mencoder, I use TSPlayer to open and export the MPEG-PS so that PTS Continuity Correction is finished, and mencoder will convert the files without problems.

When recording as MPG DVBViewer also performs a timestamp continuity correction. But there may be reasons for wanting a TS file, dunno... and the latest TSPlayer version provides a more sophisticated method.

No. I didn't consider it as necessary, because you are the first and only one who wants it.

As you can read here, TS/MPG recording with "TSPlayer 2.3.0 style" timestamp continuity correction will probably be an option in future DVBViewer versions (not in the next release, but in one of the following betas), thus superseding command line and script solutions.

Thank you all of you! You are all very helpful!

After installing "DVBViewer Filter", the TS continuity seems to be resolved. There's no need to utilize TSPlayer now.

Triggering mencoder can also be done with Recording Service tasks. The only problem is that my programme names contain Chinese characters which results in garbled file name. By opening Recording Service Web Interfaces I see all garbled text. Sometimes recording failed because the garbled text contains illegal characters for file name. Is there anyway to resolve this problem?

Should I start another thread starting from this post?

Many thanks!

The DVBViewer Filter only influences playback, but no recordings!

Oh really? Then what has just happened for the situation here? Are there any differences between recordings using DVBViewer and Recording Service concerning TS continuity issue?

Oh really? Then what has just happened for the situation here? Are there any differences between recordings using DVBViewer and Recording Service concerning TS continuity issue?

Cant answer your questions, but have at least some info regarding your initial issue.

Im not exactly sure what you mean by the "TS continuity issue"!? Maybe you are suffering from the "Lazy cam issue" and that is the reason why you have/had problems when using the mencoder on your recordings. There is a tool named Stream Patcher that fixes these kind of errors before the recording is done. It should be downloadable in the members section. I have used it quite long now and I can say it does work very well (only two errors so far). Before i had errors in 50% of all .TS recordings. Errors like missing sound, missing video, no video/audio, screwed up time index etc.

Edited by majstang