"No hardware available" - Only from recording service

I have been using the recording service successfully for about 6 months now, with no serious problems, using 2 FireDTV S2's and 1 FireDTV-T.

Today for no apparent reason I began to receive the error "No hardware available" whenever I try to view any channel. However, recordings continue to work perfectly using the recording service!

Strangely, if I stop the recording service and within DVBViewer choose Settings - Options - Hardware, and choose to use the hardware without going through the recording service, I can view the channels without any problem.

So, conclusion, the recording service is working, but it is not communicating well with DVBViewer, and DVBViewer thinks there is no hardware and won't show the channels. Any ideas?

I have been using the recording service successfully for about 6 months now, with no serious problems, using 2 FireDTV S2's and 1 FireDTV-T.

Today for no apparent reason I began to receive the error "No hardware available" whenever I try to view any channel. However, recordings continue to work perfectly using the recording service!

Strangely, if I stop the recording service and within DVBViewer choose Settings - Options - Hardware, and choose to use the hardware without going through the recording service, I can view the channels without any problem.

So, conclusion, the recording service is working, but it is not communicating well with DVBViewer, and DVBViewer thinks there is no hardware and won't show the channels. Any ideas?

Check your IP adress, maybe it has changed?

CMD

IPCONFIG /ALL

note IP

Options/settings/harware

mark Unicast

choose settings

compare the IP, if not the same then change it both adress fields.

go to Settings,/options/Record Service, check connection.

If not working, check the IP, if on same PC as Record service it should be 127.0.0.1:"the port you specified" when you set it up, here it is 8060

check connection again.

close DVBViewer, and stop record service'and restart all..

now it should work..

I have same problem my IP change between 5 different addresses, depending on the mood it is in :).. despite I have set up a fixed address.

SO approx. once a week I have to go through the set-up.

If not working now, I don't know what your problem is..

good :)

All we need now is a bulletproof way to lock the IP...or DvbV. and RS automatically change to the same somehow.

50% of the times it happens here is when I turn off power to the router/W-lan. The remaining 50% I have no clue, it just happens out of the blue sky...