REQ: Teletext translate DVBViewer plugin

hi,

Is it possible to integrate or make a plugin that can use a translate tool like google translate to translate teletext subtitles on the fly?

I don't know anything about programming a plugin...

But I'm not sure that this would be so difficult...

Could be cool since I watch freesat almost all the time... it could then be cool to be able to select what language i want to translate to ...

Anyone that maybe can do this ?

• 1 month later...

There is no particular difficulty on writing this plugin. I was written a similar plugin 2 years ago. It was designed to translate the subtitles. Reaction rate and translation quality of translate.google.com enough. I can looking for Delphi sources, if you're ready to redesign it to work with teletext.

There is no particular difficulty on writing this plugin. I was written a similar plugin 2 years ago. It was designed to translate the subtitles. Reaction rate and translation quality of translate.google.com enough. I can looking for Delphi sources, if you're ready to redesign it to work with teletext.

Sounds cool... I just don't know that much about programming plugins... Any chance you can and maybe will help?

How did your plugin work? Did it use dvb subtitles to translate or teletext?

And how well did your plugin work ? ;)

so nice that someone had thought a bit about this too ;)

Ich möchte zum Beispiel Italienisch lernen und schaue oft RAI1. Mit den Teletext Subtiteln. Es wäre wirklich super, wenn diese Untertitel on the fly über google translate etc... übersetzt werden könnte durch ein Plugin.

Es würde mir beim lernen sehr helfen!

Es wäre auch super wenn die Original Subtitel angezeigt und darunter in zb Roter Farbe die übersetzung eingeblendet würde.

Kann sich ein Plugin schreiber vorstellen, so etwas zu realisieren?

English:

For Example, i want to learn the italian language bye watching the station Rai 1. I always watch with the subtitles on the screen. It would be very helpful having a plugin that shows the original subtitle for example in white and the translatet subtitle in red color above. i guess google translate would be very nice.

Edited by danielkoch
Ich möchte zum Beispiel Italienisch lernen und schaue oft RAI1. Mit den Teletext Subtiteln. Es wäre wirklich super, wenn diese Untertitel on the fly über google translate etc... übersetzt werden könnte durch ein Plugin.

Es würde mir beim lernen sehr helfen!

Es wäre auch super wenn die Original Subtitel angezeigt und darunter in zb Roter Farbe die übersetzung eingeblendet würde.

Kann sich ein Plugin schreiber vorstellen, so etwas zu realisieren?

English:

For Example, i want to learn the italian language bye watching the station Rai 1. I always watch with the subtitles on the screen. It would be very helpful having a plugin that shows the original subtitle for example in white and the translatet subtitle in red color above. i guess google translate would be very nice.

Good point...

I would only use the translated subtitle but it might be usefull for some people to have both...

can anyone help with this ? please...

what about you evgen_ln ? Or is there anyone that maybe very easy can do a plugin that can do the job?

I don't have time and interest to continue developing this project. For me it was closed 2 years ago. I am publishing subtitles translation plugin's source code. Unfortunately I was unable to find the latest sources. I have only an interim sources. This is a good example how to get a subtitles (teletext) data and how to output subtitles to the video window. This source code may be freely used and modified. I only request to publish the final source code in order to help other users learn programming.

Known limitations:

all parameters are hard coded (works with Sky UK, translated from English into Russian).

Edited by evgen_ln
I don't have time and interest to continue developing this project. For me it was closed 2 years ago. I am publishing subtitles translation plugin's source code. Unfortunately I was unable to find the latest sources. I have only an interim sources. This is a good example how to get a subtitles (teletext) data and how to output subtitles to the video window. This source code may be freely used and modified. I only request to publish the final source code in order to help other users learn programming.

Known limitations:

all parameters are hard coded (works with Sky UK, translated from English into Russian).

Nice but still i don't know that much about programmering anything in delphi ... i had solved some start problems when trying to run the plugin... needed some directshow files and some more...

but i'm getting some errors saying:

Build

[Error] FindRender.pas(74): Undeclared identifier: 'GetInPin'

[Error] FindRender.pas(98): Undeclared identifier: 'UtilFreeMediaType'

[Fatal Error] Graph.pas(13): Could not compile used unit 'FindRender.pas'

i have no clue what to do... maybe there is an hardcore delphi programmer out there that will be so kind to help doing this plugin?

You must install DSPack

I'm complete lost in this :'( ...

i had tried installing DSPack but don't know what to do and how to program this o:)...

anyone that can help programming this plugin, please?