Timeline that we can use

mrpeach

Hi,

DVBViewer the best software which is available to watch TV on a Windows PC.

I cannot understand how this software has such a poor EPG timeline.

This is something which is vital for navigation of TV programs from your remote.

I would have expected something much MUCH better than the frustrating OSD timeline.

If I buy a very cheap set top box I would get a better EPG Timeline so I do not think it is unreasonable to expect something better from a computer based system.

For a few tips check out something called My Stuff for Topfield Set top boxes, this has the best epg Timeline I have ever seen.

I would expect something near as good if not better from computer software, but NO. 2010 more like 2000.

So what is the main problem,

I like the default OSD plugin, it shows me a brief description of the channel program, but the EPG timeline sucks, not much difference with other OSD skins.

Only 5 Tv channels (7 if you use anotherOSD )

We need more info on the screen a minimum of 8 channels, like a digiguide timeline or mystuff.

I need to be able to look and see whats going on without having to continuously press the remote and search I would be better off using my itouch to check the TV guide.

Out of all the EPG Timelines I have seen the DVBViewer must be the worst so it needs to be sorted.

Anyway I will stop ranting , I know nothing will change until 2020,

If you are unhappy with the OSD EPG Timeline then reply.

Don't bother telling me you can use another OSD Skin to give me 7 channels unless its something not obvious in which case I will need to apologise.

I cant programme the OSD editor, and I shouldn't need to.

Just the response I was expecting.

Im talking about the OSD TIMELINE, the thing all TVs and boxes use today.

The thing that is so useful in navigating.

The OSD Timeline sucks big time in DVBViewer.

Just to confirm OSD Timeline.

Expect for saying you want 8 channels (which can easily be done by anybody with the osdeditor) you only rant and do tell what you actually dislike.

Not very usefull in this way, if you want improvements its better to

- Use a different tone (I would never invest time to improve something based on this post)

- Come up with clear and detailed suggestions.

Hay Im sorry but I am angry that something that is commonly used in TV watching is so poorly setup in DVBViewer, it should be the other way around.[software should have more options than fixed boxes]

The suggestions are to copy mystuff topfield epg setup.

Give options to add more than 5 channels, 12 would be nice.

MyStuff EPG

The horizonal view of the timeline can be longer.

As for OSD editor and OSD Timeline, I have tried to use it a managed to make the TV window bigger but I am unable to figure out how to add more channels in the OSD timeline list. I forget now which xml file you have to edit as it was a while ago.

I dont think it is easy to use.

you get easlily angry then :)

Anyway, EPG on your link can be made with OSDSkinner. If the default one doesnt work for you try the new one from LonelyPixel link

Btw.. one more thing to think about. There are currently quite a lot of very very nice OSD skins, if none is to your liking it might just be that your taste is not so common as you might think.

Edited by amontillado

Thanyou for the link, Its a pity I dont speak German as I cant find a English mode.

I just thought 5 channels was very basic for a program with so much.

I see the timeline as the most used fuction when watching TV.

I just wish DVBViewer had a similar EPG Timeline as MyStuff

Thanyou for the link, Its a pity I dont speak German as I cant find a English mode.

I just thought 5 channels was very basic for a program with so much.

I see the timeline as the most used fuction when watching TV.

I just wish DVBViewer had a similar EPG Timeline as MyStuff

Hmm, that's quite interesting.

I wasn't are that such an alternative as an 8 descriptor timeline existed.

I agree it IS very functional and aesthetically pleasing.

However; Google offers translation service, DVBViewer offers an almost infinite amount of features that MyStuff doesn't, and amontillado is truly a God, he, Markus, Lars and Griga have provided us with an almost perfect solution to nearly all our needs.

I imagine that amontillado will have something that better than MyStuff, he's THAT good.