Extended DiSEqC commands with Hauppauge DVB-S

Kiwi_Tim

Hi there,

Has anybody had luck with using DiSEqC 1.1 commands with Hauppauge DVB-S PCI cards?

I have a NOVA-S-Plus & HVR-3000 attached to two 8 port EMP-Centauri DiSEqC switches that support DiSEqC 1.0 & 1.1. Officially the Hauppaugge cards support only DiSEqC 1.0.

I have 4 LNBs (3Ku , 1C-band) attached to my cards via DiSEqC switches. I want to add a 5th ku LNB. Everything worked fine using DiSEqC 1.0 (AA, AB, BA, BB)

I managed to get one port/LNB to work using extended DiSEqC commands in TransEdit

<entry name="1600">[E0 10 39 F2]</entry>

I couldn't get any other LNB to work after making these changes. I thought I'd damaged the hardware, but eventually I discovered that everything would work if I deleted the DiSEqC.xml file in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer

Apparantly, Hauppauge devices use a generic interface to send DiSEqC commands. I followed the instructions given in the EMP-Centauri documentation regarding using committed and uncommitted commands, but my only success was the 3rd port using command "uncommitted 3". No other port/lnb worked using the EMP-Centauri suggested commands.

Perhaps it is not possible to get DiSEqC 1.1 working for more than 4 ports with Hauppauge dvb-s cards. If anybody out there has had success please let me know what you did.

My system:

Windows XP SP3 32bit

Foxconn A7GM-S

AMD 5050e X2 2.6 GHz

4GB PC800 DDR2

XFX RADEON HD5670

300W power supply

NOVA-S-Plus

HVR-3000

Satellites: Optus D1, Optus D2, Optus C1, Intelsat5 and (hopefully) Intelsat8

See attached support.zip

Many thanks,

Tim

New Zealand

Did you read the instructions given here?

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%2...EqC.html#Editor

Apparantly, Hauppauge devices use a generic interface to send DiSEqC commands.

The Hauppauge DiSEqC interface used by DVBViewer/TransEdit is designed for sending raw DiSEqC commands, which means, all kinds of commands. However, we don't know what the driver does - maybe filtering? DVBViewer and TransEdit translate the (committed) Pos/Opt commands to raw commands like E0 10 38 ... and sends them via this interface, which seems to work in your case. So I can't see a reason why DiSEqC 1.1 should not work.

Thanks Griga, I had read the instructions and applied commands according to my DiSEqC switch documentation, but the only port that worked was the 3rd port on the switch.

I'd be very interested in learning more about raw DiSEqc 1.1 commands. Can you recommend a website for DiSEqC documentation?

If anyone out there in cyberspace has managed to get Hauppauge cards working with DiSEqC 1.1, please enlighten me.

Many thanks,

Tim

New Zealand

Thanks for those links Griga. I've been trying for a few days now to get my Hauppauge cards (Nova-S-Plus & HVR-3000) working with DiSEqC 1.1, using TransEdits extended DiSEqC commands, but I'm not making any progress.

Hauppauge says the cards only support DiSEqC 1.0; maybe they are right.

If anybody has been able to get more than 4 ports working on a DiSEqC switch, when connected to a Hauppauge DVB-S card, could you please let me know how you did it.

Many thanks

Tim

New Zealand

Edited by Kiwi_Tim