DVBViewer and Windows Seven

Hi all,

I decided to migrate to Windows Seven. (DVBViewer worked fine under XP).

Unfortunately, DVBViewer 4.2.1 seems to don't like this new MS System.

After a full install of DVBViewer where everything went ok and the USB DVB-T stick (from Freecom) was discovered, when trying to go search for the TV channels, nothing was found.

Moreover, the status led of the DVB-T stick doesen't change from yellow (driver initiated) to green (program access).

I changed the DVB-T stick with an other one from LeadTek (DVB-T Gold) and even with a third model (PCTV DVB-T pico stick) and the symptoms are the same: no channels found.

For information, when using the Microsoft MCE, all these sticks work well.

Any Idea?

On that specific system (HTPC), it's Seven 32 bit.

It works Really? I found some hope here.

I still can't get it to work. Even when using 3 differents USB Sticks (3 differents drivers).

Should be something special I can't understand :

1) could it be the rights? I'm administrator.

2) could it be the drivers? Why the 3 sticks works with MCE (1 stick has Vista 32bit drivers and the other 2 sticks, Seven compatible drivers all signed).

3) could it be the codecs? DVBViewer can read about any video I throw to it (divx, mpeg, DVD, h264,...).

4) could it be something in the DVBViewer config? Perhaps but I see nothing different from my old XP config.

5) why it can't find any channels (connected to external roof antena).

What was your experience with the install of DVBViewer in Seven 32bit?

Please, give me some ideas...

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Windows 7 Professional x86 (32bit) with DVBViewer v4.2.1.0. My tuner is a BlackGold Signature DVBT using their BDA drivers. I have had to do nothing unusual in terms of running as Administrator either when installing or running.

I did however notice that Windows 7 did not detect my GPU so had to hop over to Intel to download the drivers. Gone are the days when you used to get a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager when Windows did not recognise the hardware, Default VGA driver was loaded and everything looked normal.

• 2 weeks later...
when using the Microsoft MCE, all these sticks work well.

there are some threads describing problems with MCE.

Maybe your's the same problem (I'm not sure).

Deaktivate MCE and try again.

• 2 weeks later...

there are some threads describing problems with MCE.

Maybe your's the same problem (I'm not sure).

Deaktivate MCE and try again.

I was having the exact same problem. Deactivated MCE and now works fine.

• 6 years later...
On 24/05/2010 at 2:59 PM, Mr Jolly said:

I am using Windows 7 Professional x86 (32bit) with DVBViewer v4.2.1.0. My tuner is a BlackGold Signature DVBT using their BDA drivers. I have had to do nothing unusual in terms of running as Administrator either when installing or running.

I did however notice that Windows 7 did not detect my GPU so had to hop over to Intel to download the drivers. Gone are the days when you used to get a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager when Windows did not recognise the hardware, Default VGA driver was loaded and everything looked normal.

Tried the exact same setup but with DVBViewer Pro v5.6.4 and no luck. I get no hardware error.