Transponder lists for DVBViewer

I like services that take care of transponder lists. I also use KingOfSat though because I can automate the update. I did set up a periodic job that executes a script which updates my transponder lists automatically:

@echo off

ver | find "5.1.2600" > nul
if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 (
  set PROFILEPATH="%USERPROFILE%\..\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\CMUV\DVBViewer"
)
ver | find "6.1.76" > nul
if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 (
  set PROFILEPATH="%PROGRAMDATA%\CMUV\DVBViewer"
)
set SCRIPTPATH=%~dp0

%SCRIPTPATH%\utils\wget -O %PROFILEPATH%\Transponders\0192.ini "http://de.kingofsat.net/dl.php?pos=19.2E&fkhz=0"
%SCRIPTPATH%\utils\wget -O %PROFILEPATH%\Transponders\0130.ini "http://de.kingofsat.net/dl.php?pos=13.0E&fkhz=0"

The command-line tool 'wget' is assumed to be present within the 'utils' sub-folder.

Does anybody realy need this very frequent update

For me the frequent updates look like a quite obvious attempt to attract visitors to the site. However, it is tolerated as long as there is a useful aspect. This will be checked an re-evaluated from time to time. It would be helpful to know how many DVBViewer users are actually using this service resp. the transponder lists and are regarding them as useful.

For me the frequent updates look like a quite obvious attempt to attract visitors to the site. However, it is tolerated as long as there is a useful aspect. This will be checked an re-evaluated from time to time. It would be helpful to know how many DVBViewer users are actually using this service resp. the transponder lists and are regarding them as useful.

Looks like no one uses this "service"

And in my opnion it is stupid to upload all tansponderlist in the World, when you can download the specific .ini file you need from King Of Sat, for free!

Here you have an example: http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-0.8W.php

It is updated TODAY, and it is always updated

So if i need to make an new scan, i just download the .ini file

It's like uploading the Phone Directory for the Whole World. We don't need that

Latest update 08-03-2014 >>>

(transponder list in one installation file, download and install)

Transponder INI files:

Europe - America - Asia - Atlantic

Latest update 08-03-2014 >>>

(transponder list in one installation file, download and install)

Transponder INI files:

Europe - America - Asia - Atlantic

@McenterFreak

Please be correct in your comments:

"You don't need that" instead of "We ...", otherwise it looks like trolling.

@McenterFreak

Please be correct in your comments:

"You don't need that" instead of "We ...", otherwise it looks like trolling.

Then tell me why nobody respond: We Need This!!

The reason for my objection is that I, and many others recieve mails when relevant questions/answers are submitted. But this is not relevant. Nobody neeed this. It is stupid to unpack this. Nobody will do a channel search every time this is uploaded. And everybody can find a specific transponder .ini file on kingofsat.com, which is updated all the time

To Board owners

I think this "user" just want to generate trafic to his own site, to show comercials. Is this okay with DVBViewer's rules?

@McenterFreak

Who is this "WE" you are talking about? It's just your personal opinion.
Be respectful of other users, and in general - what's the problem?
Just don't use it!

@McenterFreak: RobertB just gave the feedback that I've asked for, and please leave it to us to decide whether this thread is accepted or not. You got the opportunity to express your opinion, but it's enough now. In two words: Please stop! Further attempts to start a quarrel here will not be accepted.