3D Anaglyph Shader

hackbart

@ricabullah

Thx for your screens! Equal to mine. But the file you posted the link for is 576p Over/Under Format (as it's said in the description and as it's visual in DVBViewer when playing back the file without any shaders).

Are you sure you used the 576p version and not a HD-Version which can be obtained after contact to 3dtv.am? Maybe the HD-Version is Side-By-Side?

@hackbart

I know that ;)

But as I said before, with anaglyph shader the picture stays Over/Under and does not become one.

ElecardFan's hint does the trick. I just changed everything about tex.x in the anaglyph.xml file and saved it to a new one. Now the file is displayed correctly.

But it's kind of strange that I seem to be the only one with that problem?

If someone wants some screenshots or other info, just ask.

@ricabullah

Thx for your screens! Equal to mine. But the file you posted the link for is 576p Over/Under Format (as it's said in the description and as it's visual in DVBViewer when playing back the file without any shaders).

Are you sure you used the 576p version and not a HD-Version which can be obtained after contact to 3dtv.am? Maybe the HD-Version is Side-By-Side?

OK you're right.

The same link gives Over/Under one nowadays, i've just checked.

Peter must have changed the file on the link.

And i asked permittance from him to add here side by side one.

Here is what Mediainfo says:

Mine:

General
Complete name                    : C:\Users\rica\Desktop\Peschke Macroshow 576p.wmv
Format                           : Windows Media
File size                        : 73.1 MiB
Duration                         : 1mn 59s
Overall bit rate mode            : Variable
Overall bit rate                 : 5 119 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate         : 9 196 Kbps
Movie name                       : 3D Film Peschke Macroshow 09
Performer                        : Verena and Günter Peschke
Encoded date                     : UTC 2010-01-17 11:50:30.761
Copyright                        : Copyright (c) 3D Film Peschke
Comment                          : In the field of 3D visualization, macro recordings have its special charm. They provide the ability to represent things clearer and more effectively than you can normally see them. It is particularly interesting to leave real-time presentation and extend it with time-lapse and high speed footage. The macroshow 09 is a trailer of a movie that does not exist (yet). But maybe a professional partner who wants to tackle such an interesting project together with the authors can be found?
Source                           : http://www.3d-rental.eu
Stereoscopic                     : Yes
StereoscopicLayout               : SideBySideRF
StereoscopicSkip                 : 50000000
StereoscopicPreview              : (Binary)

And yours:

General
Complete name                    : C:\Extract\Peschke Macroshow 576p (Wide).wmv
Format                           : Windows Media
File size                        : 87.7 MiB
Duration                         : 1mn 59s
Overall bit rate mode            : Variable
Overall bit rate                 : 6 135 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate         : 10.3 Mbps
Movie name                       : 3D Film Peschke Macroshow 09
Performer                        : Verena and Günter Peschke
Encoded date                     : UTC 2010-10-31 18:54:53.180
Copyright                        : Copyright (c) 3D Film Peschke
Comment                          : In the field of 3D visualization, macro recordings have its special charm. They provide the ability to represent things clearer and more effectively than you can normally see them. It is particularly interesting to leave real-time presentation and extend it with time-lapse and high speed footage. The macroshow 09 is a trailer of a movie that does not exist (yet). But maybe a professional partner who wants to tackle such an interesting project together with the authors can be found?
Source                           : http://www.3d-rental.eu
Stereoscopic                     : Yes
StereoscopicLayout               : OverUnderRT
StereoscopicSkip                 : 50000000
StereoscopicPreview              : (Binary)

mine.txt

yours.txt

Edited by ricabullah

OK you're right.

The same link gives Over/Under one nowadays, i've just checked.

Peter must have changed the file on the link.

And i asked permittance from him to add here side by side one.

FYI here is the response from Peter (thanks to him for the explanation)

The Macroshow sample movie has been re-encoded recently, the new file has a different resolution than the previous one and uses over/under instead of side-by-side layout. The HD version is not available any longer.

Please link to the files on the 3dtv.at server but do not copy them. If you want to copy the files, you need the approval of Günter Peschke, he is the copyright holder

_ _ _ _ _

Edited by ricabullah

Hm, doesn't matter. For me it's ok to know that the "old" version uses side-by-side and the "new" version upper-under instead. No need to prove it by test - problem solved.

But thanks again for your efforts, I appreciate that!

At present, if you choose from the available PC technologies NVIDIA 3D Vision will be the best choice.

NVIDIA offers an open API for its technology.

NVIDIA 3D Vision support could be easily implemented in DVBViewer, this requires only developers desire.

This is my main suggestion for future versions.

Yes; +1

Edited by ricabullah
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@ Hackbart:

Dear sir, you posted a shader on 31 May 2010, which when modified with algorithm made by Eric Dubois (as provided by you) has been the best shader so far EXCEPT that colours have a rather visible greener tint. On 03 December 2010, another shader, "anaglyph.xirix11.xml" has been posted by filabres28. While this latter shader has excellent colour rendering....giving original skin tones, it fails to give as well-difined image as yours. Can you please modify your shader (with Eric Dubois's algorithm) so that colour tones come closer to what "anaglyph.xirix11.xml is giving.

Thanks & regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I know the question has been asked before.

I also know that I've trawled though the 'how to get anaglyph working' type thread (this one)

I'm a 'payer', I'm using 4.5.0.0 and it's way better than the last one I used many years ago. Good times.

I've recently had a serious hardware upgrade and can play World Of Warcraft (yes, off topic....) in 3D Red Cyan with the Core Duo and Nvidia 3D GT240, so the systems 3D capable.

I wouldn't be writing this post, but I just can't get the 'View --> Shaders --> Anaglyph' (or anything for that matter) to modify what's on my screen. I can receive a wealth of FTV Side-By-Side 3d transmissions and would really like to take advantage of them. Yes, under Settings --> DirectX I've got 'Use Custom Renderers' ticked. And (sorry to start a sentence with 'and') EVR Custom Video Renderer' selected.

I would like to add that selecting any shader has no effect on the displayed image and I'm using the Nvidia Video Decoder, although the Elecard one also shows no effect.

Looking forward to any constructive help,

Jem. Uk. 43W to 42E

VMR-9 is Customized Video Renderer For XP

EVR is for Windows-7

Once Activated , select shader - if the picture remains in side-by-side mode, click the shader ONCE AGAIN. That should solve your problem.

Hi all,

I know the question has been asked before.

I also know that I've trawled though the 'how to get anaglyph working' type thread (this one)

I'm a 'payer', I'm using 4.5.0.0 and it's way better than the last one I used many years ago. Good times.

I've recently had a serious hardware upgrade and can play World Of Warcraft (yes, off topic....) in 3D Red Cyan with the Core Duo and Nvidia 3D GT240, so the systems 3D capable.

I wouldn't be writing this post, but I just can't get the 'View --> Shaders --> Anaglyph' (or anything for that matter) to modify what's on my screen. I can receive a wealth of FTV Side-By-Side 3d transmissions and would really like to take advantage of them. Yes, under Settings --> DirectX I've got 'Use Custom Renderers' ticked. And (sorry to start a sentence with 'and') EVR Custom Video Renderer' selected.

I would like to add that selecting any shader has no effect on the displayed image and I'm using the Nvidia Video Decoder, although the Elecard one also shows no effect.

Looking forward to any constructive help,

Jem. Uk. 43W to 42E

Hello. Update DirectX

Hi again,

Tried the suggestions so far but no 3D :-( My DirectX is 11 according to Dxdiag. No more Windows (7) updates available.

One question .. whilst watching a 3D broadcast with a left/right vertical split I'm selecting View --> Shaders --> Anaglyph. Anaglyph now has a tick by it. Should View --> Shaders have a tick by it as well, like the ones I have by 'Show Statusbar' and 'Show Toolbar' turning Shaders on globally ? Because mine doesn't and won't.

Backing off from the 3D side, if I look at any normal broadcast selecting any of the shaders has no effect. I was expecting 'Water' to make it all a bit wobbly for example.

If I unselect 'Use Custom Renderers' under Setting --> Options --> DirectX the 'Shaders' option disappears from under the 'View' one as I would expect. No Custom, no Shaders.

Sad in Sussex,

Jem.

Edited by Geezerjem

Yeouch ! So that means:

1. Windows 7 does not generically work (with shaders / anaglyph ) as it has Directx11 as it's default version.

2. Directx11 is NOT fully backwards compatible with Directx9 as Microshaft says it is.

c. I'm gonna have to install Directx9 to reap the fruits of my (and others) labours.

Googly Research says 50% have problems with DX9/DX11 setup and 50% don't.

I'm having a go as I write this and will report back afterwards.

Thanks for the help again,

Jem.

Bingo !

The DX9 runtime thingy at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

has popped my system into action.

The 'wave' shader works as expected, and I had to turn it off quickly. I was on the verge of chundering and couldn't find it in the menus. Just got there in time.

The anaglyph works and combines the two screen halves as expected too. Just need to rummage back through the thread to find the best Red-Cyan Left-Right shader.

Thanks again for your help and if the people I worked with were anywhere near as helpful as you, my days would be much easier.

Thanks again,

Jem.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

great work. Now I can use my red/blue glasses.

Now I only need 3D to 2D conversion. E.g. for watching Euro1080 HD1 without color manipulation.

You can discard the left/right picture if necessary.

I thought about copy anaglyph.xml to 3dto2d.xml and edit it. Which changes are necessary?

@Hackbart

Is it possible to add a property in channel list for side by side 3D channels ?

In this case, it could be possible to switch directly to 3D Anaglyph shader .

It would be great if we could do this the other way around - convert anaglyph videos back to true color side-by-side format in real-time using GPU shaders. Many people in the 3D community convert old anaglyph videos to new 3D formats but this takes hours. I have been testing some basic de-anaglyph scripts for avisynth but they are too slow to work in real time even on a fast CPU, it would be great if it can be done in real time with GPU shaders. Is it even possible to capture the shader output again? To record to file or stream to a stereoscopic player. The de-anaglyph sripts are attached bellow, I would be interested to hear any ideas...

DeAnaglyph.zip

Edited by Nick [D]vB
vB' timestamp='1300502372' post='331441']

It would be great if we could do this the other way around - convert anaglyph videos back to true color side-by-side format in real-time using GPU shaders. Many people in the 3D community convert old anaglyph videos to new 3D formats but this takes hours. I have been testing some basic de-anaglyph scripts for avisynth but they are too slow to work in real time even on a fast CPU, it would be great if it can be done in real time with GPU shaders. Is it even possible to capture the shader output again? To record to file or stream to a stereoscopic player. The de-anaglyph sripts are attached bellow, I would be interested to hear any ideas...

AFAIK, Tony's scripts mainly work very well if you have a 2D version of the same video too.

So expecting a real time real color SBS conversion from a live anaglyph broadcast over shaders is completely a dream.

Sorry for making you disappointed.

Edited by ricabullah

They work better with a 2D source but you can get pretty good results without one, of course it wouldn't be real color but I think a lot if people would be happy with it for an instant playback option, rather than waiting hours to deanaglyph each video, but if the output could be recorded that would be great. I wasn't really thinking about it for live broadcasts but DVBViewer's shader implementation seemed like a good option, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in 3D here...

Not sure if it works?

Even i haven't been able to run DGNVTools with these aviscryppts:

XX-DeAna:

AnaglyphName = "E:\jtoc\3D_new.dgi" # Anaglyph video

PureColName = "E:\jtoc\2D_new.dgi" # Video with color info (either Anaglyph or 2D)

monoName = "E:\jtoc\2D_new.dgi" # Possible 2D video for one eye, if not set to "nothing

AnaExtract:

LoadPlugin("E:\DG\DGDecodeNV.dll")

vidL = DGSource(anaglyphName)

vidOrig = DGSource(anaglyphName)

I had a look at DGNVTools a few months ago but couldn't get it working either, that's why I'm here. :)

I will do some more tests with it, I'm also looking at shaders for MPC-HC. Maybe try:

vidr = DGSource(anaglyphName)

vidlOrig = DGSource(anaglyphName)

monoName = "nothing"

Edited by Nick [D]vB

Nick, i don't think this is the right place to discuss those things; i suppose Chris will kick both of us.

I am planning to open a topic on "anaglyph to SBS" on doom9 this weekend if i can.

Meanwhile i gonna ask to neuron and Tony.

Edited by ricabullah