AC3 Recording with videorecorder plugin

Hi,

I tried to record many times euro1080 with ac3 Sound. Right now the Classical Concert in Portugal is with ac3 sound on PID 257. With the Videorecorder plugin no ac3 stream is included even when its is marked. Standard recording in DVBViewer in mpg includes the ac3 sound. Recording ZDF with ac3 sound with the plugin works fine. any suggestions?

turntoyou

With the Videorecorder plugin no ac3 stream is included even when its is marked.

If you record as TS it should be included, if it is marked - or the plugin gets no data with this PID.

If you record as MPG, it is only included, if the AC3 PID is marked and MP2 audio is *not* marked. The plugin records MPG with only one audio stream. It takes the first one that is marked - did you consider that?

If you got an ac-3 pid in your channel list from a previous scan, it won´t help to select this ES if there´s no current ac-3 transmission.. What we need are dynamic settings (e.g. right click on selected channel -> rescan) :)

@griga

I have read the readme very carefully.... iam aware that recording with mpg only allow mp2 or ac3. The problem was that even when there were broadcasting with ac3 and it was marked no sound was in the .ts file

@Derrick

I agree with you, i can record ac3 only if there are broadcasting like that. The Concert conducted by Berlioz was completly with AC3, unfortenatly my DVBViewer died right before beginning and i was in a hurry to restart DVBViewer without to mention that that the other DVBViewer was still visible in taskmanager :) and the recording i have done is not acurrate especially the ac3 stream is destroyed the picture is ok.

@turntoyou,

Thanks for the information :)

I can confirm that by changing manually the audio PID to 257 I get the " Europa Konzert Berliner Philharmoniker 2003 " with DD 5.1 audio.

I record a short test and the playback is exactly as the broadcasting - with DD 5.1.

Thanks again.

Rittberg

no sound was in the .ts file

How can you know? What did you use to play or examine it?

In case it was the TSPlayer: It is not able to detect a stream, if the PID can't be found in the first 8192 packets (= 8192 x 188 Bytes) of the file. Possible with HDTV...

You can increase the number of initially scanned packets in the TSPlayer.ini. Use a text editor (e.g. NotePad) and insert a line in the [frmPlayer] section, like

MaxPackets=16000

without any blanks.

@Griga

I tried this out.

MaxPackets=16000

TSplayer did not found any sound and any ac3 pid. With hdtv2mpeg i found the ac3 stream in the .ts file. After coverting it to mpg i could also demux ac3 from the stream and listen to it. So ....it seems that the plugin records the ac3 stream but it is not visible in tsplayer und there is also no sound in tsplayer.

turntoyou

....it seems that the plugin records the ac3 stream but it is not visible in tsplayer und there is also no sound in tsplayer.

Hmm, strange. Perhaps AC3 was not listed in the broadcasted PMT (Program Map Table)? The TSPlayer relies on the MS Demultiplexer, and without a correct PMT entry it won't do anything.

Don't know... I checked Euro1080 TS playback with the TSPlayer some time ago - it was OK. I will do it again...

unfortenately they dont send AC3 always, probably you will have a chance in the forthcoming broadcast of various clips. yesterday the trailer of euro1080 between the clips was always ac3.. try it out

turntoyou