How to start DVBViewer with OSD menu?

rulet

Is It possible to start DVBViewer with OSD menu on screen without pressing Esc button on keyboard?

s_1278511641_5864e3eb80.jpg

Edited by rulet

@rulet:

carefully look again on what you've done: the action command is right and work great here with DVBViewer Release and Beta...

Another clue is that your OSD can't be seen until you tune in some video channel: can you see the OSD if you press "esc" key right after DVBViewer was started with black screen (ie with "-c" command)?

:bye:

That's what I am talking about -- to start DVBViewer with OSD menu without pressing ESC button. Of course wnen I press Esc button OSD menu appears.

The command DVBViewer.exe -x111 just starts DVBViewer without starting automatically OSD menu.

So what's mean then -x111 parameter?

Edited by rulet
So what's mean then -x111 parameter?
Mean you have to add it to the command line that start up DVBViewer... the most logical way is to add it in DVBViewer desktop icon (right click on the icon, choose "Properties") like that:

post-485-059168600 1278746525_thumb.jpg

BTW: the additional "-f" parameter starts DVBViewer in full screen too...

I don't understand how did you do that, when I trying to do that it shows an error that the file destination is wrong, something like that...

s_1278765727_8d665fa0f6.jpg

When I run this comand here

s_1278767518_108b9a5fe1.jpg

it just starts DVBViewer as usualy with black screen without showing OSD menu automatically.

Edited by rulet

The problem reside in the space between "Program" and "files"...

To do the trick you have to write exactly this string WITH the two quotations marks:

"C:\Program files\DVBViewer.exe" -x111

Well I did that, in my case this

"C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" -x111

but OSD-menu is not shown after starting,

so this command doesn't work.

so this command doesn't work
rulet, you forgot to add "for me"... <_<

As you can imagine, without your active collaboration we can't help you that much; so please tell us at least:

- have you already tried other "actions"? And what are the results?

- have you already tried to double click on the modified DVBViewer icon WHEN DVBViewer is already running? (BTW: this will not open another DVBViewer instance but will pass it the extra parameter(s) and execute the relative command line action(s)...) And what are the results?

Please give us an answer and we will be happy to try to help you...

after this DVBViewer just closes
:blink: I've never seen such a behaviour on any of my 5 PCs, but all my PC are XP based, so maybe is a Vista/W7 limit/feature: please try to run the DVBViewer modified icon as "Administrator"...

...and what about adding other actions? Do they work?

I am using Windows XP SP3. To run it as Administrator I have to use a password for the system which is not a good idea on HTPC, to write a password every time booting the system...

Other methods I haven't tried because I don't know which other methods I can to use.

But to be shure I have run DVBViewer modified icon as administrator(created password for the system) with the same result -- DVBViewer closes.

Maybe the thing is that I use pyrat version of DVBViewer(for testing), so I see there is no way to check if that command works is just to buy a license...

By the way, is there already 4.5 realise of DVBViewer, and if not when it is plannig to realise?

Edited by rulet

No Support for pirate copys.

remove now the pirate copy and all configuration files (e.g. channellist) from your PC

than get a legal copy or use a different DVB program.