Blindscan Support in TransEdit

Anony55

DVB World has a couple of S2 cards out that will HARDWARE blindscan (with their software). I also understand that some Prof cards have the hardware ability, but no software support for it yet. There may be other brands as well, but I'm not sure.

Will/can TransEdit be updated to hardware blindscan using these cards? It would be nice to NOT have to copy all the TP info from one program to another.

Cheers

Transedit can perform blindscan for a long time now. According to your informations there is no need to change anything. So what is your point?

Transedit can utilize the hardware blindscan on these cards?? When I use the blindscan built into TransEdit with my TT3200 S2 card, it looks like it's just a software forced blindscan that takes a very very long time.

My question is... can TransEdit utilize the "hardware" blindscan function that is built into the chips on these cards? The DVB World hardware blindscan is reported to take 3 to 5 minutes per satellite (in NA), and is very accurate. That is very different from using software to manually check each combination that's predetermined by the user to see if there's signal there.

Cheers

OK, now you're getting me excited. I'll be getting my DVB World PCIe card in about a week. I'll give it a try & post back the results in this thread.

Did you mean also set the freq & sr to zero as well?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I have the DVB World PCIe 2006 S2 blindscanning card installed now. It blindscans with its included software very fast (and mostly accurate), just as I had seen reported. I left the TT3200 installed also, so now I have 2 DVB-S2 tuners. DVBViewer does a very good job handling them automatically when you PIP 2 channels from 2 different TPs.

But, how can I select which tuner I want to scan with in TransEdit? I've been all through the menus in TransEdit, and I can't find a place to "force" a particular tuner for the scans. I would like to attempt a blindscan with the DVB World card (as suggested earlier in this thread), but TransEdit seems to be set on using the TT3200 for scans. Probably because I installed & was using it first, but that's just a guess.

Anyone know how to select among multiple tuners in TransEdit?

Cheers

TransEdit: -> Hardware -> Detect Devices

after this you should see all devices. If you edit the status, you can prioritize a particular card or you can exclude a card from scanning.

Thanks Derrick. I did the TransEdit: -> Hardware -> Detect Devices thing, and I do see all on the hardware on the list.

How do you prioritize the devices or exclude a tuner from the scans? I'm not at home right now, but I can check it out tonight. Thanks again!

Cheers

Thank you again, Derrick. That did the trick.

After setting the DVB World PCIe 2006 card up as "preferred", I attempted the blindscan as suggested above. I'm sorry to report that the results indicate that TransEdit does not take advantage of this card's blindscan abilities. The resulting blindscan was clearly just another "software" blindscan.

So I guess my original question still stands... Can the blindscan option in TransEdit be adapted to take advantage of the "hardware" blindscan abilities of this card & other brand cards that have similar chip sets?

Cheers

The resulting blindscan was clearly just another "software" blindscan.

..that`s all what there is.

Can the blindscan option in TransEdit be adapted to take advantage of the "hardware" blindscan abilities of this card & other brand cards that have similar chip sets?

maybe.. but it would require a totally different approach. Now the stream coming from the card is the only thing the DVBViewer will detect. The card driver has to send the parameters that were determined by a hardware blindscan.

Can the blindscan option in TransEdit be adapted to take advantage of the "hardware" blindscan abilities

No, unless the manufacturer provides an API (Application Programming Interface) for it.

No, unless the manufacturer provides an API (Application Programming Interface) for it.

I wonder what the chances of getting one of the manufacturers (Prof, DVB World, ect...) to collaborate with the authors of DVBViewer are?

I'm a complete outsider & nobody concerning this. But my initial impression is that this would have a huge fan base in North America. I can't imagine that most pci-dvb feedhunters in NA wouldn't jump at the chance to have a true blindscan in an understandable layout like TransEdit/DVBViewer.

The current DVB World software performs the function, but is cumbersome to say the least. The way TransEdit handles & displays TP information is very straight-foreward and easy to understand. I'd give TransEdit a very high rating on the "user-friendly" scale. That's why I think the NA crowd would go nuts for DVBV & any card that it supported with a true hardware blindscan feature.

I would think that it could be a big win for all three parties (DVBV, card maker, and end users). But that's just MHO.

Cheers