One leftclick on mouse equal pause during fileplay

majstang

Wonder what you guys would think of adding yet another mousefeature? It would be really handy to have the same possibility as in MPC-HC, one leftclick on playback window pauses videoplayback. This feature would only be enabled during fileplayback in DVBViewer of course. Since one leftclick during fileplayback does nada today anyway, could this be doable?

as in MPC-HC, one leftclick on playback window pauses videoplayback.

extremly annoying and I am absolut against it. Everytime you move the window the playback stops.

extremly annoying and I am absolut against it. Everytime you move the window the playback stops.

Ok, no chance then! I suppose there is no way to change your mind. I can only tell you about my userbehavior and hope others do agree with me.

Hard to say about the routines of others but my userbehavior is...set DVBViewer windowsize to whatever you like and position the window according to taste and let it have that position all the time. I do not move around the window ever (why would anybody do that regularly) and i do watch movies in fullscreen all the time. So one leftclick action while fileplay for moving window around seem redundant and luxurious.

In my world it would be ideal to have that feature im talking about and most important it would be optional (or tweakable), not mandatory.

Double-clicking the video area for changing between window <--> full screen would trigger pause as well. It would be very confusing for users, particularly in TV/Radio mode, because pause starts timeshift recording in this case.

Why don't you simply assign a key to the pause command? I have a (otherwise useless) pause key on my keyboard, and it does this job pretty well...

Double-clicking the video area for changing between window <--> full screen would trigger pause as well.

Well, not quite true actually! If double-clicking would mean first click pauses, second click unpauses and changes to fullscreen at the same time. That is the case with MPC-HC anyway. They have some kind of script which remembers what the last left-click did. If that last leftclick paused playback next leftclick executes play action. If the last leftclick was play next one does pause playback and so on.

It would be very confusing for users, particularly in TV/Radio mode, because pause starts timeshift recording in this case.

True, but that is why I suggested to have this behaviour ONLY in fileplay mode and not TV/Radio mode. Moreover, having such a feature as default wouldnt be especially wise and that is why I suggested to have it as an option, or if you prefer only possible to enable through tweaks. I really dont think people would be confused by such a feature cuz most of them have tried the MediaPlayerClassic before...heck hundred of millions of people around the would cant be wrong. One-click-pause is one of the reasons amongst many why that player still exist.

Why don't you simply assign a key to the pause command? I have a (otherwise useless) pause key on my keyboard, and it does this job pretty well...

Yes, i have a remote and keyboard but if having three TV sets connected to the HTPC you can be sure those gadgets are in the wrong room when needed :whistle: Mouses are common in my home so no shortage there :biggrin: Moreover I think my setup with multiple screens are being more and more common nowadays, so more mousecontrol options can never be wrong...most people do not buy one keyboard per TV (quite expensive), but a mouse per TV is more reasonable pricewise.

Regards

Majstang

Edited by majstang
  • 1 year later...

Well, this suggestion wasn't popular amongst the devs, but here's the scripts I like to share to those who are intrested in having MPC-HC like leftclick pause functionality for DVBViewer. Certainly makes the fileplay more enjoyable for mouse-users in both DVBViewer and TSPlayer. They are written in AutohotKey_L. A leftbutton holddown anywhere on DVBViewer video window for about 250 milliseconds pauses DVBViewer if in fileplay mode. Next leftbutton holddown unpauses fileplay. If watching LiveTV the leftbutton holddown is disabled to avoid starting timeshift. The script do not mess with ordinary left doubleclicks, unless you're a really slow doubleclicker ;) Has to set up keyboard input for Pause in DVBViewer --> Ctrl P. Script works with one DVBViewer client only, cuz it accesses the COM interface. Only one COM interface can be runned at a time (COM server registers for the first DVBV client started). No such restictions for TSPlayer (no COM interface).

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Mouse Leftclick Pause for the DVBViewer
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~LButton::
{
  KeyWait, LButton, t.250
  timeout := errorlevel

If (timeout)
   {
    Process, exist, DVBViewer.exe
    If ErrorLevel = 0
Return
    Else
     {	 
iDVBViewer := ComObjectGet("DVBViewerServer.DVBViewer")
       FilePlay_Mode := iDVBViewer.Datamanager.Value("#Media.file")
       If FilePlay_Mode =
          Return
       Else
        {
   CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
          MouseGetPos, m_x, m_y, m_hw_target

; WM_NCHITTEST
          SendMessage, 0x84,, ( m_y << 16 )|m_x,, ahk_id %m_hw_target%

If ( m_hw_target = WinExist( "ahk_class TfrmMain" ) ) ;For DVBViewer
           {
             ;msgbox, % ErrorLevel
      If ( ErrorLevel = 1 )          ; VideoControlWindow
               text = Video Window
             If ErrorLevel in 1
               ;Run, DVBViewer.exe "-x0", D:\AVI_VOB_BLU-RAY_AC3-tools\DVBViewer2 ;Sends "Pause" command to the DVBViewer
	Send ^p ;Sends "Pause" command to the DVBViewer (Ctrl P)
           }
         Return
        }
     }	   
   }  
}
KeyWait, LButton ;wait for key release before return. prevents multiple activations if held too long.
Return

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; ;Mouse Leftclick Pause for the TSPlayer
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~LButton::
{
  KeyWait, LButton, t.250
  timeout := errorlevel

If (timeout)
   {
     CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
     MouseGetPos, m_x, m_y, m_hw_target

; WM_NCHITTEST
     SendMessage, 0x84,, ( m_y << 16 )|m_x,, ahk_id %m_hw_target%

If ( m_hw_target = WinExist( "ahk_class TfrmVideo" ) ) ;For TSPlayer
      {
        ;msgbox, % ErrorLevel
        If ( ErrorLevel = 1 )          ; HTCAPTION
           text = Video Window
        If ErrorLevel in 1
           Send ^{Space}
      }
     Return
   }
}
KeyWait, LButton ;wait for key release before return. prevents multiple activations if held too long.
Return
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by majstang

Thanks majstang. I also use Zoom Player which pauses when you click on the screen so I'll find this very handy.

Thanks majstang. I also use Zoom Player which pauses when you click on the screen so I'll find this very handy.

Glad you like it SimonP :) I have to admit I'm not using DVBViewer for fileplay at all, cuz the alternatives are quite a lot better. For example MPC-HC and Zoomplayer when it comes to this leftclick pause functionality. It may seem to be a tiny detail for folks not used to such a feature, but if used to it and using a fileplayer without it, that gets quickly unacceptable.

Zoomplayer with it's Comskip support makes it outstanding and the indisputable first choice. DVBViewer is last on that list, but would be the first IMO with these two features :bye:

I agree completely. DVBViewer is a first rate front-end for TV recording and viewing but I find ZoomPlayer more configurable, more compatible overall and more comfortable to use. Horses for courses, as usual.

Yes, you are definitely right! Out of curiosity which playback features in more detail do you miss the most in DVBViewer? It's very intresting to know cuz when you least know it the devs may find some time to overhual fileplay mode and there's not many suggestions for futher development (at least in the english forum). In my honest opinion I don't think they are very far from making it great.

So here's my list:

1. Comskip support for DVBViewer - implicates DVBViewer scans filefolder for Comskip output files and load them along with mediafile. Playback jumps over the commercials.

2. Complete re-design of the OSD control- and timeslider/navigationbar - as is now it's horrible and as default as you could make it anno 1995. Implicates nicer controls, bigger navigation controls, bigger timeslider/navigationbar, nicer mousepointer hovering over the timeslider/navigationbar and most importantly timeslider/navigationbar sensitivity for the Comskip feature like this:

post-56433-0-17718600-1341573104_thumb.jpg

3. Better switching between fileplay mode and LiveTV - When fileplay has reached the end navigation marker goes back to start of file (blackscreen) and pressing the stop button won't switch you back to LiveTV mode. You have to either start and stop file again or tune in a channel to get back to LiveTV.

4. Mouse control - Leftclick pause functionality

5. ???? - anyone else having ideas for improving the fileplay mode? The more the merrier :) Heck...it sure would be nice to have DVBViewer as the preferred player for all media :bye:

Edited by majstang

I switched to Zoomplayer a long time ago so I can't remember what I wasn't happy with in DVBViewer, something about subtitles I think and as you said, the whole display feels a bit dated.