DVBViewer 4.5

chp

I just saw this on the official DVBViewer web site (http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=news&article=New%204.5%20Release)

New 4.5 Release

As you can see on the last beta versions, we make big steps to complete the work on the new DVBViewer. Unfortunately we can not implement everything we plan to add into this version, but i can promise that the next release will be amazing.

Anyway we have at least one downer: The ammount of illegal copies gained between the last months and so we where forced to change the current key system. We do not expect bigger problems, but in order to decrease the delay for everybody who buys a license until end of this month, we offer the ability to get the latest DVBViewer Version one week earlier before the official release date.

What they mean by "change the key system"?

I own this software (DVBViewer 4.2.1) since release 4.0 with an official licence and since now i'm happy with it but Do I need to buy a new licence when DVBViewer 4.5 will be availaible?

Do I need to buy a new licence when DVBViewer 4.5 will be availaible?

No. All you will need to do as a registered (known) customer is to request a new password. There will be a web interface for it.

What's the official release date for this new version ?? (or is it only a teasing kind of message ?)

Dont be ridiculous! Why would they try to tease us? U have to be patient, cuz when taking into account how big changes the developers made with this beta compared to the latest stable release things goes seldom as planned when new bugs of different severeness keep showing up. I do prefer a bugfree stable release and not a half---------------- panic realease full of cheap faults only to please impatient folks.

You could also see the increasing illegal copies as a compliment. DVBViewer has gotten so good, that everyone wants a copy of it. Obviously for just 15 euro you get a lifetime of upgrades and support, so it's not as if you have to donate a left rib or something. :rolleyes:

Well i don't think illegal copies are a compliment, especially if you rely on the license fee. Here in Germany we pay about the following ammount for taxes: 2.39€ VAT, ~6.94€ regular Tax. Which means 5.67€ is exactly what we can keep for living.

Christian

• 1 month later...

No. All you will need to do as a registered (known) customer is to request a new password. There will be a web interface for it.

i was doing this with change my email...it's not work, so i try again request new password...i get it to my old email, but "accidentally" deleted message... :/ again i try request new password, but can't get confirmation email...how i can get new password now ?

mail to the email adress on this page http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=impressum, explain what you did wrong and have patience. Because there are a lot people wanting their new credits this might take several days. there is a saying in german roughly translated: "you have to pay the price for your stupidity" and I'm sure you will ;)

yes..i was send my email and get post from Backhart...He says " try again " and i was try again many times, but confirmation email never come to my email...So...i think this is shit and i have to buy again DVBViewer.... :(

Well i don't think illegal copies are a compliment, especially if you rely on the license fee. Here in Germany we pay about the following ammount for taxes: 2.39€ VAT, ~6.94€ regular Tax. Which means 5.67€ is exactly what we can keep for living.

Christian

This is pretty shocking! Maybe you should charge more, or move to Switzerland :) ?

Edited by dvbrewer